Upload to Disclose.tv

Super Moderator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 2:19 am » by Vulcanic

My YouTube Channel :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPmp_ByJdC5zkBQQmCr7EUw

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 2:39 am » by Bleever

Vulcanic wrote:nawww not similar at all huh?

Upload to Disclose.tv

thanks for your time and passion Vulcanic. It is interesting you would start with this one. However, The whole Gilgamesh-derivation theory is based on the discredited Documentary Hypothesis. This assumes that the Pentateuch was compiled by priests during the Babylonian Exile in the 6th century BC. But the internal evidence shows no sign of this, and every sign of being written for people who had just come out of Egypt. The Eurocentric inventors of the Documentary Hypothesis, such as Julius Wellhausen, thought that writing hadn’t been invented by Moses’ time. But many archaeological discoveries of ancient writing show that this is ludicrous...So Genesis is older.

That is, the human writers of the Gilgamesh Epic rewrote the true account, and made their gods in their own image. It makes more sense that Genesis was the original and the pagan myths arose as distortions of that original account. While Moses lived long after the event, he probably acted as the editor of far older sources. For example, Genesis 10:19 gives matter-of-fact directions, ‘as you go toward Sodom and Gomorrah and Admah and Zeboiim’. These were the cities of the plain God destroyed for their extreme wickedness 500 years before Moses. Yet Genesis gives directions at a time when they were well-known landmarks, not buried under the Dead Sea.

It is common to make legends out of historical events, but not history from legends. The liberals also commonly assert that monotheism is a late evolutionary religious development. The Bible teaches that mankind was originally monotheistic. Archaeological evidence suggests the same, indicating that only later did mankind degenerate into idolatrous pantheism.10

For instance, in Genesis, God’s judgment is just, he is patient with mankind for 120 years (Genesis 6:3), shows mercy to Noah, and is sovereign. Conversely, the gods in the Gilgamesh Epic are capricious and squabbling, cower at the Flood and are famished without humans to feed them sacrifices.

The Gilgamesh Epic has close parallels with the account of Noah’s Flood. Its close similarities are due to its closeness to the real event. However, there are major differences as well. Everything in the Epic, from the gross polytheism to the absurd cubical ark, as well as the worldwide flood legends, shows that the Genesis account is the original, while the Gilgamesh Epic is a distortion.

Most scholars believe the Gilgamesh Epic was in fact borrowed from the Bible's version.
Jesus died our death so that we may receive His life.

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 2:45 am » by Bleever

vulcanic..I will try and make an effort to get to all of your videos. Ideally, it would be great if you were able to state your position clearly and we could go from that point. However, just posting other people's videos requires much of me. Conversely, if you are well versed, perhaps you could put together somewhat 'pithy' opinions you feel are fact.

Also, ideally of course, we should go topic by topic. I think that would be easier for others to understand, this format you laid out may be confusing for others to follow.

Super Moderator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 2:48 am » by Vulcanic

Bleever wrote:
Vulcanic wrote:nawww not similar at all huh?

Upload to Disclose.tv

thanks for your time and passion Vulcanic. It is interesting you would start with this one. However, The whole Gilgamesh-derivation theory is based on the discredited Documentary Hypothesis. This assumes that the Pentateuch was compiled by priests during the Babylonian Exile in the 6th century BC. But the internal evidence shows no sign of this, and every sign of being written for people who had just come out of Egypt. The Eurocentric inventors of the Documentary Hypothesis, such as Julius Wellhausen, thought that writing hadn’t been invented by Moses’ time. But many archaeological discoveries of ancient writing show that this is ludicrous...So Genesis is older.

That is, the human writers of the Gilgamesh Epic rewrote the true account, and made their gods in their own image. It makes more sense that Genesis was the original and the pagan myths arose as distortions of that original account. While Moses lived long after the event, he probably acted as the editor of far older sources. For example, Genesis 10:19 gives matter-of-fact directions, ‘as you go toward Sodom and Gomorrah and Admah and Zeboiim’. These were the cities of the plain God destroyed for their extreme wickedness 500 years before Moses. Yet Genesis gives directions at a time when they were well-known landmarks, not buried under the Dead Sea.

It is common to make legends out of historical events, but not history from legends. The liberals also commonly assert that monotheism is a late evolutionary religious development. The Bible teaches that mankind was originally monotheistic. Archaeological evidence suggests the same, indicating that only later did mankind degenerate into idolatrous pantheism.10

For instance, in Genesis, God’s judgment is just, he is patient with mankind for 120 years (Genesis 6:3), shows mercy to Noah, and is sovereign. Conversely, the gods in the Gilgamesh Epic are capricious and squabbling, cower at the Flood and are famished without humans to feed them sacrifices.

The Gilgamesh Epic has close parallels with the account of Noah’s Flood. Its close similarities are due to its closeness to the real event. However, there are major differences as well. Everything in the Epic, from the gross polytheism to the absurd cubical ark, as well as the worldwide flood legends, shows that the Genesis account is the original, while the Gilgamesh Epic is a distortion.

Most scholars believe the Gilgamesh Epic was in fact borrowed from the Bible's version.

i tend to believe myself that the flood storys are the same,, all 8 of them because a flood did happend, the time fits the ice age was ending slowly it had to of flooded many areas..

second the story of babylon citie of babbles, i don't think god changed everyones language i tend to think that everyone off the equator had fled to the equator during the ice age bringing many people and cultures to the same areas and we only find the oldest cities around the equator ,i bet anything off the equator was crushed and grinded to dust by the ice coming and retreating.

i do believe in all the historical accounts of the bible like the listing of the kings and what they did to the citys they were in ect ect but the mumbo jumbo stuff i dont take to seriously,,, sounds like a idiot trying to explain something they dont understand and doing a very poor job due to a lack of words to describe it.

My YouTube Channel :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPmp_ByJdC5zkBQQmCr7EUw

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 2:54 am » by Bleever

Chaindrive wrote:Keep going Vulcanic, hey......... lets NOT forget the great Hidden vaults in the vatican.. "Why does the Vatican have their secrete vaults so heavily guarded?" If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear...is that correct..? Some say that this is a urban legend, that truth be told, several Catholic traditions stem from several other religions, and the Bible has been altered several times during its existence. It is likely that the vault contains evidence of this, and in an attempt to appear to be the "original and most correct" religion, the evidence is hidden.

This goes also with the Egyptians as well, and the pyramids among other locations that had "help" from others far greater then any mortal man on earth... and I DONT mean "god".. The proof is FAR greater then any known "god" through out human history thats been clearly documented.. And hearing such stories and what they found as real evidence was taken back to the Vatican to be sealed away in these vaults and to be never shown by the light of day nor to the masses this religious cult is trying to manipulate and to control under their power...

In John 8:32 And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free... and THIS scares the shit out or you religious cultist... even YOU dont know... but you parade it around for them as their agents of disinformation and propaganda. For the second you open your eyes to see it to whats has never been told to you.. many of you will take your own lives knowing that you cant live with yourself for being a complete fool through all of it... that your very core of morals and beliefs have been a lie..

Ok.. the story of Kane and able cant be answered.. so its a work of fiction...Aww.. well, THAY makes sense doesnt it... in fact, also the written language was invented until 3200 BCE. Therefore, you only have a word of mouth and you cant deny that stories change with every version and from crude pictures and if youve ever taken a Rorschach test, one sees a butterfly while one see a bat... so whos right.?

FACE IT... ALL religious cultist are completely in the dark to everything about this subject and theyre only guessing.. Ask 6 scholars about the next post you make and these 6 scholars will give you 6 different versions base on their "knowledge"...

Thanks Chain, I wish your point or rebuttal was better laid out as opposed to assumptions on your part. Respectfully, these are half-thoughts, that being said in all honesty I do not know why the Vatican does what they choose to do. I am not a Catholic, I should state. Yes, we will never know completely what the past holds. We all worship something. Even you. I am convicted by faith in my God, or shall I say the biblical God of the bible. I will defend the bible systematically. God has always used the weak and unassuming to do the His will, so no matter how you think the Bible came about or how many times it has been changed, this is God's will that it was assembled as such. The Bible is a remarkable book, there is NONE like it, no other argument made or video to be posted. And, yet the question begs, how can this be?

PreviousNext