Here's a Fun Topic - Reliability of the Bible

Super Moderator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 3:44 am » by Vulcanic

Bleever wrote:
handy4321 wrote:Okay, since the site chose not to put up my post, I will try again to put words as near my original as possible. This "book" of yours is supposed to be the "word" of your god, prove it! Prove that this fairy-tale being put pen to paper or even dictated it. I say again as I said in my original post that was not put up, you cling to your beliefs and allow everyone else to cling to theirs. We are not the ones pushing our beliefs on others. Save yourself and let me be! I do not need saving from your fairy-tale god or world! :flop:

Hmmm...ok, well this is a tuffy for sure. Here is what gets me and makes me believe the Bible is God's word. I base this on due to the following. After reading this you must tell me how you think man could write a book even remotely similar to the Bible and be prepared to show examples

The Christian Bible is 66 books written in 3 languages, 40 different authors, on three continents over 1500 years, and yet it is the most profound book ever written. Moreover, it tackles the most difficult questions and yet it has never been proven to be inaccurate in any way

How does a book like this come to be then? I mean it has been bashed, it has been reduced by mere men, it has seen books removed it has seen it all....and yet, it stands the world's most read and most historically accurate book, ever, period....over 40 different authors, on three continents, over 1,500 years, and it tackles life's hardest or most difficult questions. I'm impressed.

p.s. I hardly doubt the mods removed your post, unless you displayed improper behavior and if that is the case, perhaps you should avoid this thread and say...stick to "what other ppl look like" that one is always funny. lol.

keep n mind the india book is over 72000 verses with second book over 25000 verses it's the biggest in the world,, we call it myth they call it religion, but one could say the same about there book :
HONORI­FICABILI­TUDINI­TATIBUS
Remiel
VULCANIC PNEUMONO­ULTRA­MICRO­SCOPIC­SILICO­VOLCANO­KONIOSIS

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 3:44 am » by Bleever

Vulcanic wrote:hey bleever even know i don't believe like you do i still respect your faith and belief, and to me to have any faith in anything can be a powerful motivator and good for the soul,, so i am not bashing your faith i'm just trying to explain my thinking.

Thanks for the mature tone and sophistication of your thought process. That's why I will always give you my time, agree or disagree. It's nice to see 'gentlemen' still exist for the sake of opining.
Jesus died our death so that we may receive His life.

Super Moderator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 3:46 am » by Vulcanic

handy4321 wrote:Okay, since the site chose not to put up my post, I will try again to put words as near my original as possible. This "book" of yours is supposed to be the "word" of your god, prove it! Prove that this fairy-tale being put pen to paper or even dictated it. I say again as I said in my original post that was not put up, you cling to your beliefs and allow everyone else to cling to theirs. We are not the ones pushing our beliefs on others. Save yourself and let me be! I do not need saving from your fairy-tale god or world! :flop:

lol you got scroll down, its just showing you all posts that put up while you typed your post and you can scroll down and rewrite or fix any text you wrote that may need to include the new replys,,, but always scroll down to find your post then hit post again
Remiel

Super Moderator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 3:48 am » by Vulcanic

Bleever wrote:
Vulcanic wrote:hey bleever even know i don't believe like you do i still respect your faith and belief, and to me to have any faith in anything can be a powerful motivator and good for the soul,, so i am not bashing your faith i'm just trying to explain my thinking.

Thanks for the mature tone and sophistication of your thought process. That's why I will always give you my time, agree or disagree. It's nice to see 'gentlemen' still exist for the sake of opining.

yeah i would never want to hurt or take away your faith, kinda wish i had it, but i anilize everything way way to much so its impossible for me..plus i love ancient history to much so i see connections that may or may not be there,, to me i think there are but that don't mean its true,we will never know sadly

but i do ask myself what if god came to me like moses and said everyone on my street was a non believer and i should kill them all and there pets, i think i tell this god to go to hell ,, wouldn't you?
Remiel

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 3:52 am » by Bleever

Chaindrive wrote:
Bleever wrote:
Chaindrive wrote:So tell me Bleever .. as to what denomination are you.? Now dont lie... I dont thing your "god" would approve of that kind of behavior.. :think:

Non denominational reformed Christian.

You?

before my answer.. your thoughts on this:

If I take a lamp and shine it toward the wall, a bright spot will appear on the wall. The lamp is our search for truth, for understanding. Too often we assume that the light on the wall is God. But the light is not the goal of the search; it is the result of the search. The more intense the search, the brighter the light on the wall. The brighter the light on the wall, the greater the sense of revelation upon seeing it! Similarly, someone who does not search, who does not bring a lantern with him, sees nothing. What we perceive as God, is the byproduct of our search for God. It may simply be an appreciation of the light, pure and unblemished, not understanding that it comes from us. Sometimes we stand in front of the light and assume that we are the center of the universe. God looks astonishingly like we do! Or we turn to look at our shadow, and assume that all is darkness. If we allow ourselves to get in the way, we defeat the purpose; which is to use the light of our search to illuminate the wall in all its beauty - and in all its flaws. And in so doing better understand the world around us.

There is really no reason to shine a lamp onto a wall. Perhaps you shine a light in darkness to illuminate your surrounds because you cannot see or the fear of darkness that has set in.

At some point you humble yourself and except greater things than you. You are not a god. You need a god. So except your god and carry on. To assume you deserve more, assumes you are that wall, in a room, devoid of any light.

Initiate

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 3:54 am » by handy4321

I hate to point out the obvious but MEN wrote every friggin version of every book of your bible. Prove otherwise! Every fiber of your belief is to take it on faith. Sounds like a con to me. Don't get me wrong, it is good to have hope, to believe in something. I choose to believe in the conscience of the universe, but I will not push my beliefs on you, will you do me and others the same courtesy? Most likely not because that is one of the biggest parts of your religion, to drag as many down with you as possible on the premise of saving them. Not to forget that your god has stamped out billions of lives. :pray:

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 3:55 am » by Bleever

Vulcanic wrote:
Bleever wrote:

yeah i would never want to hurt or take away your faith, kinda wish i had it, but i anilize everything way way to much so its impossible for me..plus i love ancient history to much so i see connections that may or may not be there,, to me i think there are but that don't mean its true,we will never know sadly

but i do ask myself what if god came to me like moses and said everyone on my street was a non believer and i should kill them all and there pets, i think i tell this god to go to hell ,, wouldn't you?

like Moses, we would resist, over and over again, however this would be futile. God made it clear he was the one who 'harden' Pharaohs heart. As far as kill them and there pets...wow I hope that never happens...

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 3:59 am » by Bleever

handy4321 wrote:I hate to point out the obvious but MEN wrote every friggin version of every book of your bible. Prove otherwise! Every fiber of your belief is to take it on faith. Sounds like a con to me. Don't get me wrong, it is good to have hope, to believe in something. I choose to believe in the conscience of the universe, but I will not push my beliefs on you, will you do me and others the same courtesy? Most likely not because that is one of the biggest parts of your religion, to drag as many down with you as possible on the premise of saving them. Not to forget that your god has stamped out billions of lives. :pray:

Well you missed my point entirely, however, I think most here get it to some degree.

Moving on, let's discuss your position, shall we?

" I choose to believe in the conscience of the universe"

Could you articulate clearly what this means?

Did you come to this by yourself, or can you provide factual links? As I am most curious.

Thanks.

Initiate

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 4:06 am » by handy4321

Did your god tell you to be condescending, or did you choose that route yourself? Conscience can and has been proven to exist,now it's your turn, prove that your god exists. I thought not. :lol:

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 4:09 am » by Bleever

handy4321 wrote:Did your god tell you to be condescending, or did you choose that route yourself? Conscience can and has been proven to exist,now it's your turn, prove that your god exists. I thought not. :lol:

Very nicely done, well thought out and clearly articulated. I love this gem, "Conscience can and has been proven to exist", you my friend are utterly remarkable.

Keep up the good work and welcome to DTV.

PreviousNext