Here's a Fun Topic - Reliability of the Bible

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 4:53 am » by Bleever

Noentry wrote:
Noentry wrote:I never understood the motives behind God kicking out Adam and Eve for being manipulated by the Devil.
If God is the creator all all things above and bellow, could he not of just fixed the mistake rather then expel us?

Is the bible being truthful when it quotes God as saying "I am a Jealous God"
:think:

When you get back from the shop with your ice cream any chance of an answer Bleever?
:flop:

In regard to "I am a jealous God" - this is said in God is speaking of people making idols and bowing down and worshiping those idols instead of giving God the worship that belongs to Him alone.

Exodus 20:4-5 says, “You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God...”
Jesus died our death so that we may receive His life.

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 5:13 am » by Noentry

Bleever wrote:
However, your question begats a slippery slope, Did God ordain sin?

Is this your question?

Why did God not stop sin there with a little good old fashioned forgiveness and love?
Why kick his image out of paradise?
Why not give his children love?

Bleever wrote:
In regard to "I am a jealous God" - this is said in God is speaking of people making idols and bowing down and worshiping those idols instead of giving God the worship that belongs to Him alone.

Exodus 20:4-5 says, “You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God...”

Is it sensible to worship a God that commits the sin of Jealousy?

Do you not see the contradiction of a God that commits sin?
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 5:24 am » by Bleever

Noentry wrote:
Bleever wrote:
However, your question begats a slippery slope, Did God ordain sin?

Is this your question?

Why did God not stop sin there with a little good old fashioned forgiveness and love?
Why kick his image out of paradise?
Why not give his children love?

He does in the form of Grace, both common and saving. If God is all loving how can you define Grace? I mean he could of scrapped the whole thing...but he didn't he sent his Son as the final payment (this is the most loving thing that has ever been done for us) to get us right in the eyes of God. Remember God is Holy, he is separate from us. This is something that Angels long to see. God, in my opinion has a special and specific plan for Man, he made us in His or (our) image.

Bleever wrote:

Is it sensible to worship a God that commits the sin of Jealousy?

Do you not see the contradiction of a God that commits sin?

I need more material here, in the stated form of sin from God in the definition of Jealous. Please provide me your definition and where it correlates with God in the Bible.

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 5:29 am » by Bleever

Chaindrive wrote:Bleever. I have no clue to what label it falls under tho I hate labels of the stigma that follows..

Yeah.. I believe in "god" but its NOT your "god"... my "god" has far more important things to do in the universe then then to worry and control what a bunch viruses do in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun.

Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea.

This planet has a problem, which was this: most of the people on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn’t the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

And so the problem remained; lots of the people were mean, and most of them were miserable, even the ones with digital watches.

Many were increasingly of the opinion that they’d all made a big mistake in coming down from the trees in the first place. And some said that even the trees had been a bad move, and that no one should ever have left the oceans.

The mortal man was never meant to know "god" for the human mind is so incapable of understanding the real meaning and concept of "god" that to if he ever DID find out to who or what "god" really is... that he would go simply insane from it..

I was reading something fascinating the other day, it was in certain circles of Hubble telescopers...and it appears that the Earth is in fact the center of the visible universe....

I cannot speak on this subject, but boy, when I do have some extra time, I look forward to it.

And, yes, we cannot know God, or view him.

Initiate

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 5:51 am » by handy4321

Seven deadly sins
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other uses, see Seven Deadly Sins (disambiguation).

Hieronymus Bosch's The Seven Deadly Sins and the Four Last Things
The seven deadly sins, also known as the capital vices or cardinal sins, is a classification of vices (part of Christian ethics) that has been used since early Christian times to educate and instruct Christians concerning fallen humanity's tendency to sin. In the currently recognized version, the sins are usually given as wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony

Wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony all sound like derivatives of the same class as jealousy. For instance, take envy-
Envy is a resentment which "occurs when someone lacks another's quality, achievement or possession and wishes that the other lacked it

Does this not sound very similar to jealousy? If your god feels this very human emotion, then I would say he is very un-evolved, as far as gods go anyway.

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 6:00 am » by Noentry

James 3:14 But if you have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.

Psalm 37:1

Do not fret because of evildoers, Be not envious toward wrongdoers.

Romans 1:29

being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips,

Galatians 5:21

envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you just as I have forewarned you that those who practice such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Titus 3:3

For we also once were foolish ourselves, disobedient, deceived, enslaved to various lusts and pleasures, spending our life in malice and envy, hateful, hating one another.

Proverbs 27:4,

Anger is cruel and fury overwhelming, but who can stand before jealousy?

Deuteronomy 4:24

24 “For the Lord your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.

Joshua 24:19

19 Then Joshua said to the people, “You will not be able to serve the Lord, for He is a holy God. He is a jealous God; He will not forgive your transgression or your sins.

Nahum 1:2

A jealous and avenging God is the Lord;
The Lord is avenging and 1wrathful.
The Lord takes vengeance on His adversaries,
And He reserves wrath for His enemies.

Zechariah 1:14

14 So the angel who was speaking with me said to me, “Proclaim, saying, ‘Thus says the Lord of hosts, “I am exceedingly jealous for Jerusalem and Zion.

God says,

“ I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand [generations] of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Where is the love the world is evil?

“Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” In fact, many atheists and agnostics live better lives than some Christians. But, this jealous God will reject these atheists simply because they don't worship him?

Jealousy is probably one of the world's oldest emotions. It's been around since the beginning of time. Look at Cain and Abel. Now there's a prime example of jealousy run amok.

God is Jealous for what is his, speaking a biblical context.
If we are his why throw us out of his paradise?
To allow the devil to corrupt us then blame us for this and to then be jealous if we dont worship him?

Sounds a little off to me. :headscratch:
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 6:02 am » by RATRODROB

A big :flop: to all who are contributing to this topic, a very courteous and respectful discussion for and against.
personally im against, but the debate on this has been first fckn class. :cheers:
The more people i meet, the more i like my dog

Initiate

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 6:09 am » by handy4321

Being a "wrathful god" is a violation of the seven deadly sins. Do as I say, not as I do, I guess!

Super Moderator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 6:29 am » by Vulcanic

if you really think about jesus died then came back to life, we have a word for that these days ZOMBIE blood of christ eating flesh ,, omg it all makes sense now!!

Upload to Disclose.tv

My YouTube Channel :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPmp_ByJdC5zkBQQmCr7EUw

Upload to Disclose.tv

Initiate

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 7:08 am » by Cambay411

Havnt read most of the posts yet about to start now.

My question is to all those who say they refuse to follow the "script" of the Bible and say religious people are brain washed and follow what the bible tells them to do and etc.

So to all you who say things like this, did you come up with this on your own or did you hear someone else say it first?

PreviousNext