Here's a Fun Topic - Reliability of the Bible

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:50 pm

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 4:13 am » by handy4321


Keep up the good work and welcome to DTV.


Thank you and welcome yourself. :cheers:

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1728
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 4:12 am
Location: The loving arms of Christ Jesus

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 4:14 am » by Bleever


So, anyhow, I gotta run to the store and get some ice cream for my wife. If anyone wants to continue I'm game...I just need a few minutes...
Jesus died our death so that we may receive His life.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 8119
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:52 pm

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 4:23 am » by Noentry


Noentry wrote:I never understood the motives behind God kicking out Adam and Eve for being manipulated by the Devil.
If God is the creator all all things above and bellow, could he not of just fixed the mistake rather then expel us?

Is the bible being truthful when it quotes God as saying "I am a Jealous God"
:think:



When you get back from the shop with your ice cream any chance of an answer Bleever?
:flop:
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1728
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 4:12 am
Location: The loving arms of Christ Jesus

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 4:48 am » by Bleever


Noentry wrote:
Noentry wrote:I never understood the motives behind God kicking out Adam and Eve for being manipulated by the Devil.
If God is the creator all all things above and bellow, could he not of just fixed the mistake rather then expel us?

Is the bible being truthful when it quotes God as saying "I am a Jealous God"
:think:



When you get back from the shop with your ice cream any chance of an answer Bleever?
:flop:

Ahh...yes, Mah-Dee-Oh...I do apologize as I did get a little side tracked and did not answer your question.

However, your question begats a slippery slope, Did God ordain sin?

Is this your question?
Jesus died our death so that we may receive His life.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1728
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 4:12 am
Location: The loving arms of Christ Jesus

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 4:53 am » by Bleever


Noentry wrote:
Noentry wrote:I never understood the motives behind God kicking out Adam and Eve for being manipulated by the Devil.
If God is the creator all all things above and bellow, could he not of just fixed the mistake rather then expel us?

Is the bible being truthful when it quotes God as saying "I am a Jealous God"
:think:



When you get back from the shop with your ice cream any chance of an answer Bleever?
:flop:


In regard to "I am a jealous God" - this is said in God is speaking of people making idols and bowing down and worshiping those idols instead of giving God the worship that belongs to Him alone.

Exodus 20:4-5 says, “You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God...”
Jesus died our death so that we may receive His life.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 8119
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:52 pm

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 5:13 am » by Noentry


Bleever wrote:
However, your question begats a slippery slope, Did God ordain sin?

Is this your question?


Why did God not stop sin there with a little good old fashioned forgiveness and love?
Why kick his image out of paradise?
Why not give his children love?

Bleever wrote:
In regard to "I am a jealous God" - this is said in God is speaking of people making idols and bowing down and worshiping those idols instead of giving God the worship that belongs to Him alone.

Exodus 20:4-5 says, “You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God...”


Is it sensible to worship a God that commits the sin of Jealousy?

Do you not see the contradiction of a God that commits sin?
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1209
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:55 am

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 5:18 am » by Chaindrive


Bleever. I have no clue to what label it falls under tho I hate labels of the stigma that follows..

Yeah.. I believe in "god" but its NOT your "god"... my "god" has far more important things to do in the universe then then to worry and control what a bunch viruses do in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun.

Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea.

This planet has a problem, which was this: most of the people on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn’t the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

And so the problem remained; lots of the people were mean, and most of them were miserable, even the ones with digital watches.

Many were increasingly of the opinion that they’d all made a big mistake in coming down from the trees in the first place. And some said that even the trees had been a bad move, and that no one should ever have left the oceans.

The mortal man was never meant to know "god" for the human mind is so incapable of understanding the real meaning and concept of "god" that to if he ever DID find out to who or what "god" really is... that he would go simply insane from it..
Image

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1728
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 4:12 am
Location: The loving arms of Christ Jesus

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 5:24 am » by Bleever


Noentry wrote:
Bleever wrote:
However, your question begats a slippery slope, Did God ordain sin?

Is this your question?


Why did God not stop sin there with a little good old fashioned forgiveness and love?
Why kick his image out of paradise?
Why not give his children love?

He does in the form of Grace, both common and saving. If God is all loving how can you define Grace? I mean he could of scrapped the whole thing...but he didn't he sent his Son as the final payment (this is the most loving thing that has ever been done for us) to get us right in the eyes of God. Remember God is Holy, he is separate from us. This is something that Angels long to see. God, in my opinion has a special and specific plan for Man, he made us in His or (our) image.

Bleever wrote:
In regard to "I am a jealous God" - this is said in God is speaking of people making idols and bowing down and worshiping those idols instead of giving God the worship that belongs to Him alone.

Exodus 20:4-5 says, “You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God...”


Is it sensible to worship a God that commits the sin of Jealousy?

Do you not see the contradiction of a God that commits sin?


I need more material here, in the stated form of sin from God in the definition of Jealous. Please provide me your definition and where it correlates with God in the Bible.
Jesus died our death so that we may receive His life.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1728
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 4:12 am
Location: The loving arms of Christ Jesus

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 5:29 am » by Bleever


Chaindrive wrote:Bleever. I have no clue to what label it falls under tho I hate labels of the stigma that follows..

Yeah.. I believe in "god" but its NOT your "god"... my "god" has far more important things to do in the universe then then to worry and control what a bunch viruses do in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun.

Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea.

This planet has a problem, which was this: most of the people on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn’t the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

And so the problem remained; lots of the people were mean, and most of them were miserable, even the ones with digital watches.

Many were increasingly of the opinion that they’d all made a big mistake in coming down from the trees in the first place. And some said that even the trees had been a bad move, and that no one should ever have left the oceans.

The mortal man was never meant to know "god" for the human mind is so incapable of understanding the real meaning and concept of "god" that to if he ever DID find out to who or what "god" really is... that he would go simply insane from it..


I was reading something fascinating the other day, it was in certain circles of Hubble telescopers...and it appears that the Earth is in fact the center of the visible universe....

I cannot speak on this subject, but boy, when I do have some extra time, I look forward to it.

And, yes, we cannot know God, or view him.
Jesus died our death so that we may receive His life.

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:50 pm

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 5:51 am » by handy4321


Seven deadly sins
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other uses, see Seven Deadly Sins (disambiguation).


Hieronymus Bosch's The Seven Deadly Sins and the Four Last Things
The seven deadly sins, also known as the capital vices or cardinal sins, is a classification of vices (part of Christian ethics) that has been used since early Christian times to educate and instruct Christians concerning fallen humanity's tendency to sin. In the currently recognized version, the sins are usually given as wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony


Wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony all sound like derivatives of the same class as jealousy. For instance, take envy-
Envy is a resentment which "occurs when someone lacks another's quality, achievement or possession and wishes that the other lacked it


Does this not sound very similar to jealousy? If your god feels this very human emotion, then I would say he is very un-evolved, as far as gods go anyway.


PreviousNext

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook