Here's a Fun Topic - Reliability of the Bible

Initiate

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 7:15 am » by Cambay411

Noentry wrote:
Noentry wrote:I never understood the motives behind God kicking out Adam and Eve for being manipulated by the Devil.
If God is the creator all all things above and bellow, could he not of just fixed the mistake rather then expel us?

Is the bible being truthful when it quotes God as saying "I am a Jealous God"
:think:

When you get back from the shop with your ice cream any chance of an answer Bleever?
:flop:

I must say man, to many people ask questions that cant be answered by a human/mortal.

You might as well ask "Hey, what goes throughs God's mind everyday?"

No one can answer that.

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 7:19 am » by Noentry

Cambay411 wrote:
Noentry wrote:
Noentry wrote:I never understood the motives behind God kicking out Adam and Eve for being manipulated by the Devil.
If God is the creator all all things above and bellow, could he not of just fixed the mistake rather then expel us?

Is the bible being truthful when it quotes God as saying "I am a Jealous God"
:think:

When you get back from the shop with your ice cream any chance of an answer Bleever?
:flop:

I must say man, to many people ask questions that cant be answered by a human/mortal.

You might as well ask "Hey, what goes throughs God's mind everyday?"

No one can answer that.

What is my point ?
You just made it.
In a biblical context.
All we have is what we choose to believe not what is reliably the truth.
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Initiate

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 7:52 am » by Cambay411

Noentry, good point. I mean really whose to say whats real. Even things we were taught in school, whose to say those history classes were legit. Or whose to say the archealogy thats backed up the bible is legit.

All we can truly know for a fact is what we have seen right before our eyes.

So you bring up my point as well. How can someone look at all the life around us and think this came about by chance? Even the most basic life.

And then look at human beings and our intellegence, abilities and how different we are from other animals and think that just happened by chance?

I think people get so used to seeing amazing things everyday, such as technology, that they just dont take in how miraculous even an insect is. Or grass or anything else in the world.

The fact that people can wake up everyday to a life is overlooked and taken for granted.

Take a look at anything or anyone you love. I think its a shame to assume these things were granted to you from a mere coincidence.

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 8:07 am » by Noentry

Cambay411 wrote:Noentry, good point. I mean really whose to say whats real. Even things we were taught in school, whose to say those history classes were legit. Or whose to say the archealogy thats backed up the bible is legit.

All we can truly know for a fact is what we have seen right before our eyes.

So you bring up my point as well. How can someone look at all the life around us and think this came about by chance? Even the most basic life.

And then look at human beings and our intellegence, abilities and how different we are from other animals and think that just happened by chance?

I think people get so used to seeing amazing things everyday, such as technology, that they just dont take in how miraculous even an insect is. Or grass or anything else in the world.

The fact that people can wake up everyday to a life is overlooked and taken for granted.

Take a look at anything or anyone you love. I think its a shame to assume these things were granted to you from a mere coincidence.

couldn't agree more Cambay411
:cheers:
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 10:12 am » by Fatdogmendoza

Religion can only exist because there is faith without the need for fact...A theory Per se..The theory of God.

:peep:

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 10:31 am » by RATRODROB

Fatdogmendoza wrote:Religion can only exist because there is faith without the need for fact...A theory Per se..The theory of God.

I tend to agree with you FD, I think there is a certain amount of "blind faith" needed to believe all about religion, that's most likely why im not a believer, cause I NEED absolute proof before I commit to anything.

I would need god or jesus to manifest in front of me and do some freaky party tricks, and convince me that they are the creators of life as we know it, then I wouldn't hav a problem, unless they turned out to be dictators and not really there to guide us or teach us how to be better and tollerent of each other etc.

anyhow I cant really debate religion cause I don't know enough about it, so I will end here. :flop:
The more people i meet, the more i like my dog

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 11:23 am » by Fatdogmendoza

RATRODROB wrote:
anyhow I cant really debate religion cause I don't know enough about it, so I will end here. :flop:

Me too mate, but we are both entitled to our opinion/ theory :mrgreen:
Last edited by Fatdogmendoza on Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 4:44 pm » by Bleever

Noentry wrote:James 3:14 But if you have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.

Psalm 37:1

Do not fret because of evildoers, Be not envious toward wrongdoers.

Romans 1:29

being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips,

Galatians 5:21

envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you just as I have forewarned you that those who practice such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Titus 3:3

For we also once were foolish ourselves, disobedient, deceived, enslaved to various lusts and pleasures, spending our life in malice and envy, hateful, hating one another.

Proverbs 27:4,

Anger is cruel and fury overwhelming, but who can stand before jealousy?

Deuteronomy 4:24

24 “For the Lord your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.

Joshua 24:19

19 Then Joshua said to the people, “You will not be able to serve the Lord, for He is a holy God. He is a jealous God; He will not forgive your transgression or your sins.

Nahum 1:2

A jealous and avenging God is the Lord;
The Lord is avenging and 1wrathful.
The Lord takes vengeance on His adversaries,
And He reserves wrath for His enemies.

Zechariah 1:14

14 So the angel who was speaking with me said to me, “Proclaim, saying, ‘Thus says the Lord of hosts, “I am exceedingly jealous for Jerusalem and Zion.

God says,

“ I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand [generations] of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Where is the love the world is evil?

“Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” In fact, many atheists and agnostics live better lives than some Christians. But, this jealous God will reject these atheists simply because they don't worship him?

Jealousy is probably one of the world's oldest emotions. It's been around since the beginning of time. Look at Cain and Abel. Now there's a prime example of jealousy run amok.

God is Jealous for what is his, speaking a biblical context.
If we are his why throw us out of his paradise?
To allow the devil to corrupt us then blame us for this and to then be jealous if we dont worship him?

Sounds a little off to me. :headscratch:

Yeah, thanks Noentry, however, a little off biblical speaking of course, we have context to consider. But, let's just try and cut to the chase.

Sin entered the world. God scarificed his Son to rid sin. Pretty loving stuff right there. When I refer to God being Holy many times in the Bible, we are not able to see him cause just the mere sight of His holiness would kill us, its literally too much for us. Sooo we get Jesus, incarnate in flesh, fully God and fully man to teach us. Don't underestimate the eternal creator's grace for us.

So we put aside all prophesy and the many other Biblical and non Biblical facts about Jesus. You feel it right to base your faith on how God makes decisions, in this case God should of kept everyone in the garden and simply removed sin and carried on...Your version is simple perhaps that is why you choose to question a very, very, complicated and impossible to understand God. Keep in mind, all of this still doesn't change any of the provable facts about Christ and the Bible. You simple stumble with God's plan or methodology.

Another fun fact, we started in the garden but we all will end up in the city.
Jesus died our death so that we may receive His life.

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 4:49 pm » by Bleever

RATRODROB wrote:
Fatdogmendoza wrote:Religion can only exist because there is faith without the need for fact...A theory Per se..The theory of God.

I tend to agree with you FD, I think there is a certain amount of "blind faith" needed to believe all about religion, that's most likely why im not a believer, cause I NEED absolute proof before I commit to anything.

I would need god or jesus to manifest in front of me and do some freaky party tricks, and convince me that they are the creators of life as we know it, then I wouldn't hav a problem, unless they turned out to be dictators and not really there to guide us or teach us how to be better and tollerent of each other etc.

Or God could choose to 'flip' your heart, then you would have no choice to fall on your knees and follow him. God chooses you, I don't think you can choose God. He hardens and softens hearts. I love it when ppl wrestle with the notion of God, suffice to say there is a reason why you are questioning all of this...To not question and to remain silent and uninterested is a lot worse in my opinion. So please always ask questions. Maybe one day God will do a 'party' trick right in front of you, you never know...

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 4:50 pm » by Bleever

handy4321 wrote:Being a "wrathful god" is a violation of the seven deadly sins. Do as I say, not as I do, I guess!

no it's not.

PreviousNext