Here's a Fun Topic - Reliability of the Bible

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 4:56 pm » by Bleever

Fatdogmendoza wrote:Religion can only exist because there is faith without the need for fact...A theory Per se..The theory of God.

:peep:

Yes, faith is vital. However, you can couple it with some neato things that are to be assumed as fact.

I am reading a very good, that si putting another nail in the coffin of NEO-Darwinist (suffice it to say our generation will see the death of the religion of NEO Darwinism) The book is entitled, 'Darwin's Doubt' by Stephan C. Meyer. I would recommend it highly.

Somebody, based on all evidence, I say God, programmed us. Literally. I mean heck, each of our cell's (now cells are very small mind you) contain 6 FEET of DNA CODE. Man is coded by a creator, who is that creator to you?
Jesus died our death so that we may receive His life.

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 5:20 pm » by Noentry

Bleever wrote:
Yeah, thanks Noentry, however, a little off biblical speaking of course, we have context to consider. But, let's just try and cut to the chase.

Sin entered the world. God scarificed his Son to rid sin. Pretty loving stuff right there. When I refer to God being Holy many times in the Bible, we are not able to see him cause just the mere sight of His holiness would kill us, its literally too much for us. Sooo we get Jesus, incarnate in flesh, fully God and fully man to teach us. Don't underestimate the eternal creator's grace for us.

So we put aside all prophesy and the many other Biblical and non Biblical facts about Jesus. You feel it right to base your faith on how God makes decisions, in this case God should of kept everyone in the garden and simply removed sin and carried on...Your version is simple perhaps that is why you choose to question a very, very, complicated and impossible to understand God. Keep in mind, all of this still doesn't change any of the provable facts about Christ and the Bible. You simple stumble with God's plan or methodology.

Another fun fact, we started in the garden but we all will end up in the city.

I know you on a personal level.
You are a prime example of what a human being should be like.
A Christian that would make JC say "it was all worth it."
So you know I have the greatest respect for you.

Imo faith is the simple way of seeing the universe, It requires no proof.
That above is your personal belief paradigm, can you quantify your beliefs into some type of proof I can observe with the bible that is reliable proof?
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 5:35 pm » by Bleever

Noentry wrote:
Bleever wrote:
Yeah, thanks Noentry, however, a little off biblical speaking of course, we have context to consider. But, let's just try and cut to the chase.

Sin entered the world. God scarificed his Son to rid sin. Pretty loving stuff right there. When I refer to God being Holy many times in the Bible, we are not able to see him cause just the mere sight of His holiness would kill us, its literally too much for us. Sooo we get Jesus, incarnate in flesh, fully God and fully man to teach us. Don't underestimate the eternal creator's grace for us.

So we put aside all prophesy and the many other Biblical and non Biblical facts about Jesus. You feel it right to base your faith on how God makes decisions, in this case God should of kept everyone in the garden and simply removed sin and carried on...Your version is simple perhaps that is why you choose to question a very, very, complicated and impossible to understand God. Keep in mind, all of this still doesn't change any of the provable facts about Christ and the Bible. You simple stumble with God's plan or methodology.

Another fun fact, we started in the garden but we all will end up in the city.

I know you on a personal level.
You are a prime example of what a human being should be like.
A Christian that would make JC say "it was all worth it."
So you know I have the greatest respect for you.

Imo faith is the simple way of seeing the universe, It requires no proof.
That above is your personal belief paradigm, can you quantify your beliefs into some type of proof I can observe with the bible that is reliable proof?

Thanks, my friend.

Perhaps, the Universe or it's author expects some sort of spiritual tipping point so to speak after we have viewed all the possible facts or fact based scenarios. To formulate a 'letting go' point and living in faith...cause living in faith is the hardest thing to do...it leaves you vulnerable. Perhaps the creator knows and understands this...Anyone can believe anything if it hits you over the head with it. Faith is, perhaps, I showed you a little, I tickled your senses, and you chose to love me....

The closest word to Faith is Naive and no one wants to be caught with their shorts down.

Initiate

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 6:23 pm » by handy4321

Bleever wrote:
handy4321 wrote:Being a "wrathful god" is a violation of the seven deadly sins. Do as I say, not as I do, I guess!

no it's not.

Seven deadly sins
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other uses, see Seven Deadly Sins (disambiguation).

Hieronymus Bosch's The Seven Deadly Sins and the Four Last Things
The seven deadly sins, also known as the capital vices or cardinal sins, is a classification of vices (part of Christian ethics) that has been used since early Christian times to educate and instruct Christians concerning fallen humanity's tendency to sin. In the currently recognized version, the sins are usually given as WRATH, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony
(emphasis mine)

It's not? Hmm. Someone has it wrong.

Initiate

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 6:30 pm » by handy4321

Yet another contradiction in the "book of perfection". This reminds me a lot of those who mean to rule over us now. They set laws for us but are not accountable to the same. Could your god and them be one and the same?

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 6:53 pm » by Bleever

handy4321 wrote:
Bleever wrote:
handy4321 wrote:Being a "wrathful god" is a violation of the seven deadly sins. Do as I say, not as I do, I guess!

no it's not.

Seven deadly sins
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other uses, see Seven Deadly Sins (disambiguation).

Hieronymus Bosch's The Seven Deadly Sins and the Four Last Things
The seven deadly sins, also known as the capital vices or cardinal sins, is a classification of vices (part of Christian ethics) that has been used since early Christian times to educate and instruct Christians concerning fallen humanity's tendency to sin. In the currently recognized version, the sins are usually given as WRATH, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony
(emphasis mine)

It's not? Hmm. Someone has it wrong.

According to Pope Gregory the Great in the 6th century, the seven deadly sins are as follows: pride, envy, gluttony, lust, anger, greed, and sloth. Although these are undeniably sins, they are never given the description of "the seven deadly sins" in the Bible. The traditional list of seven deadly sins can function as a good way to categorize the many different sins that exist. Nearly every kind of sin could be placed under one of the seven categories. More importantly, we must realize these seven sins are no more “deadly” than any other sin.

Now, if you choose to bash God and the Bible, let's pull scripture from the Bible, and not Wiki...

Initiate

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 7:59 pm » by handy4321

So you want to follow people who have been exposed as child sex slave traffickers and general human rights violators? Got ya. :flop:

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 8:10 pm » by Bleever

handy4321 wrote:So you want to follow people who have been exposed as child sex slave traffickers and general human rights violators? Got ya. :flop:

Ok...moving on from you. If you wish pursue this as adults let me know.

Initiate

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 8:30 pm » by handy4321

Whoa...you used this-
According to Pope Gregory the Great
and now you run from it? This is paramount to your religion isn't it? When logic shows that things don't fit, you people stick your fingers in your ears and go; la la la la. That is so very adult of you. :clapper:

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 8:35 pm » by Fatdogmendoza

Bleever wrote:
handy4321 wrote:So you want to follow people who have been exposed as child sex slave traffickers and general human rights violators? Got ya. :flop:

Ok...moving on from you. If you wish pursue this as adults let me know.

Bleever, you are totally wasting your time with somebody who doesn't debate with you but preaches spiteful immature poorly thought through hateful rhetoric at you... :flop:
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

PreviousNext