Heres one for you techno nerds...

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 03, 2014 4:37 am » by Akashicrebel

My first was com64. The phone modem was HORRIBLE ! My mother knocking on the door was enough to create errors :bang;
A real success can be achieved only if you help everybody else to fail.
........................................Image

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 03, 2014 4:40 am » by Constabul

Only WE can use the "N" word.

Initiate

PostMon Feb 03, 2014 5:28 am » by OtheklzeR

yeah I came upon a hewlett paccard laptop were the chip was ball soldered to the motherboard
whoever came up with this masked soldering method should be drawn quarterd and a part sent to
intell and a part sent to HP/compaq and a part sent to AMD and a part sent to apple

Initiate

PostMon Feb 03, 2014 8:04 am » by Crunchy

Chaindrive wrote:
For me... its the power supply just LOOK at the stupid things...

a psu fan is not hard to replace sheesh .... ... drain the psu of power before opening.
4 screws to remove the psu cover and 4 screws to remove the fan ..... you may need to cut or unsolder the wires to the fan but thats it ....... they are all standard sized fans that can be purchased for a few pounds/dollars.

also dont ever use high pressure air without making sure the fan does not spin as you can damage the bearings.

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 03, 2014 12:38 pm » by Elnorel

To be fair, you can buy a fanless passive PSUs, you you never have to lube them.
And you have a fanned ones with magnetic bearings that never require a lube.

Money gives you options. :D
SKEPTIC - One who instinctively or habitually doubts, questions, disagrees with assertions or generally accepted conclusions.
And tries to prove these assertions/claims with scientific facts.

Initiate

PostMon Feb 03, 2014 4:49 pm » by just_the_flu

Chaindrive wrote:what have you come across or was forced to use that was also a really dumb idea that computer manufacture engineers came up with that you really wish they never did.?

... not about computers, but cell phone/smart phones/mobile devices.... more or less the same thing :alien51: ...

CASES!!!

... if you have a phone/device from this decade ( :alien51: ) it probably needs a fancy case or it will break/scratch if you look at it funny... if not it definitely seems like it....

there probably is a few out there that don't 'need' a case, but for the most part they all need a case. YES, the companies could probably make there devices more rugged (for example a iPhone built into an otterbox).

Lets take the Galaxy S4 for example(my phone). Its a beautiful device, imo, only thing it lacks is ruggedness (is that a word?). The thing feels like it will get crushed if i grip it too much, and the camera sticks out the back so if u place it on a flat surface the lens will get scratched. Not to mention the fancy touch screens most phones have (need a case to keep it off the ground when setting face down)...

Yes i feel the consumer is more or less forced into buying cases for our fancy new phones... well at least if we want to get the longest life out of our devices....
...you dont know your wearing a leash if you sit by the peg all day...

...some asshole thought of it, some sucker believed it, and look what its done so far...

Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook