Hi I have a question, and I am new member.

Initiate

PostFri Oct 16, 2009 12:53 am » by Lolwtf

Well, im not actually "new" i've been coming to this site for a while now I just never took the time to sign up.

I have a video of something strange in my water.
It is brownish tint coming straight from the tap.
I don't know where I could post it.
I don't want to get banned for posting it in the wrong spot so where should I post it?
It has to do with what the water looks like after I guess they flush the fire hydrants. The funny thing is they don't tell anyone that their doing it! Im wondering what kind of chemicals are in this brownish water, it doesn't have a smell to it?
I didn't know that the fire hydrants ran on the same water we drink and take showers with.

jetxvii

PostFri Oct 16, 2009 12:56 am » by jetxvii

post it in cryptozoology, chances are its a bacteria. but I would like to see it.

jetxvii

PostFri Oct 16, 2009 12:58 am » by jetxvii

or it could be rust water. either way I would post it in crypto zoo ology... or anywhere for that matter as long as you aren't trying to post something that is obviously fake and put it in the UFO category.

and welcome... keep away from the assholes and you will do just fine.

Super Moderator

PostFri Oct 16, 2009 1:16 am » by Slith

lolwtf wrote:Well, im not actually "new" i've been coming to this site for a while now I just never took the time to sign up.

I have a video of something strange in my water.
It is brownish tint coming straight from the tap.
I don't know where I could post it.
I don't want to get banned for posting it in the wrong spot so where should I post it?
It has to do with what the water looks like after I guess they flush the fire hydrants. The funny thing is they don't tell anyone that their doing it! Im wondering what kind of chemicals are in this brownish water, it doesn't have a smell to it?
I didn't know that the fire hydrants ran on the same water we drink and take showers with.

Welcome lolwtf. Post it where jet mentioned if you choose. But you can post it anywhere and not have to worry about being banned

Initiate

PostFri Oct 16, 2009 1:20 am » by Lolwtf

Alright thanks alot guys for the quick replies!
I don't believe in faking things or posting disinfo. ( I hate people that do that )
It could be rust in the water I never thought of that.
But, that still can't be safe to drink, think of if you step on a rusty nail you'd need a tetnus shot.
In all actuallity you would be bringing rust right into your body threw the stomach!
I will get it posted ASAP.

brillbilly

PostFri Oct 16, 2009 1:20 am » by brillbilly

welcome mate,as they say in cryptozoology or even just put it in other mysteries :cheers:

Conspirator

PostFri Oct 16, 2009 1:55 am » by Becks

Welcome newbie...don't stress we mods are not that draconian...lol

I have experienced the brown run off in water...it is most likely the pipes in your house are rusty...you can get filters and attach to your tap or jugs with the same..

Best thing is to call a plumber if its your house...ask your neighbours if they have the same issue...if so then call your council as there maybe a rusty pipe connecting all of your houses and they can test and fix if necessary.

Hope this helps. :flop:

Initiate

PostFri Oct 16, 2009 2:18 am » by Lolwtf

Well, I uploaded my vid of it.
I would have to say that our house is relatively new, and I know for a fact our pipes are not rusty. If so we would have a nasty tint to the water like in the video I just posted. This just appeared today. I noticed it first when I flushed my toilet. Then I went to fill up my dogs water from the tap and it was all brown. It is a plausible idea that in older houses this could be the case but the piping in our house is in great condition. I'm just worried by the fact they use the same water pipes for the fire hydrants as for the fresh water we use to drink, take showers with etc..

thanks for the warm welcoming! :D

Conspirator

PostFri Oct 16, 2009 2:21 am » by Saturnv

lolwtf they just cleanin the pipes most of the time they dont tell you we all get our pipes cleaned regurlary now u got a conspirisy or a weird encounter no ehh internet plumbers a know none soz !!

Super Moderator

PostFri Oct 16, 2009 2:24 am » by Slith

Ya man that is some nasty ass shit. And it does look like rust. Good vid

Next