Hidden in Plain Sight

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 07, 2013 6:38 am » by Harbin

I would like to offer a personal story from several years ago. This is under 'paranormal' as the human behavior I describe seemed to be very odd and I could not explain it at the time, nor can I now.

In my twenties I was fortunate enough to live a very nice town, just a stones throw from where I grew up. It was/is rural with still some working farms and many gentleman farmer types. Money, nice town, but still country with regular working people and good old fashioned odor of cow manure in the air here and there.

There was a small diner in the middle of town, big plates, small prices and a nice place for locals to talk. One morning I am in there and a strange 'climate' was in the diner. The place was full, every chair, table and stool in the place was occupied and I became aware of an exchange between two men.

One guy was standing and giving a ration of shit of another guy sitting at a booth. Being somewhat familiar with the shit giver, I knew him as a pushy, bully type and had seen him 'in action' before. The guy sitting I was less familiar with but knew his as a hard worker kind of guy, who never quite got a leg up.

Anyway, bully guy was being a real prick, I mean very loud and a complete douchebag, and worker guy was just kind of sitting there taking it, with a 'please don't hit me' look on his face.

Now I was on a stool at the counter and turned around to watch the scene, also I looked around at the other people in the place, had to be about 20 people...

And NOBODY else seemed to see the exchange happening. I mean nobody seemed to see it. It was NOT that they were looking pensive and waiting for it to end, nor willfully ignoring it...

Everyone else in the place seemed to be COMPLETELY UNAWARE of what was going on !

I was behind the bully watching and he must have felt my eyes on him and he turned his attention to me. He was giving me a watcha gonna do about it look...

Me, with my landscapers build at the the time stood up and gave him a what are YOU gonna do about it look..

and he left.

Booth guy gave me a nod.

I looked around the place and everyone else is STILL clueless ! It seemed to be past simple human behavior, it was as if there was something else going on there.

I will go out on a limb here and point this out as an example of how evil blinds people to it's activities while it works it's evil on it's victims.
Antiwar.com

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 07, 2013 7:18 am » by Opalserpent

I suppose people didn't want to get involved and hoped the situation would defuse itself.

I always say that alcohol is involved in most confrontations. If they were sharing a spliff they would have

been best buddies.

Live by the Terror, Die by the Terror.

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 07, 2013 11:36 am » by mediasorcery

The lifestyle we live is so dependant on almost everything but using our own AWARENESS that this does not surprise me at all, i deal with it every day on the road or wherever, people are slightly retarded i think, some anyway, look at all the chit food they eat, anything colourfully wrapped at the supermarket has a very good chance of being flavoured poison, in nature you stay away from bright coloured plants/animals because the represent DANGER/POISON, tell me its different with junk food?????
the story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye, until we meet again my friend.

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 07, 2013 12:11 pm » by Iwanci

Maybe it was YOU Harbin that was the odd one out in this instance... maybe there was something about what was happening that resonated with you in particular and not the others? There are times in our lives where we go through a sequence of events that leads us to have a heightened sense of awarness of a particular type, so when we see something we are aware..

for example...

My friend wanted to become a police officer..due to this he was always aware of illegal activity or strange behavior.. me, I was oblivious. We would walk down a street and he would say "look at those two, they are exchanging drugs".. I would not see it at all.

There are many instances in life where certain things will appeal to someone and not to others for whatevr reason, this is probably the reason why when confronted with a dilema or puzzle we could have many people staring at the problem and struggling to find a solution, then ONE person will come up and go 'badabingbadaboong' and problem is solved..

Ever seen those pictures where one person sees an old lady and other see a younf lady??

Some people are more receptive to others and our frame of mind determines many outcomes..

Just my thoughts

:flop:
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Initiate

PostMon Jan 07, 2013 2:57 pm » by Domeika

If it were me in the booth, I would have put a fork in the guy's leg without saying a word and would have finished my breakfast.