High Sensitive Person

Conspirator

PostFri Sep 17, 2010 12:43 am » by Anuki

I am (what 'they' call) a 'high sensitive person'
today, i read an article 'bout it on niburu.nl,
http://translate.google.nl/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=nl&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fniburu.nl%2Findex.php%3FarticleID%3D23995
and being an hsp, i thought i'll post an item on this :mrgreen:

A highly sensitive person (English: highly sensitive person), abbreviated HSP, is someone who has a sensitive nervous system than average.

A highly sensitive person receives more and stronger signals from the environment
(Eg, stress and emotions of others, sounds) not highly sensitive individuals.
As a result, the brains of a highly sensitive person more signal processing
and that person becomes over-stimulated faster.
A highly sensitive person experiencing their own emotions and the emotions of others and environmental influences intense.
It can be a source of information but that person can also overwhelm and out of balance.

In adults it may be highly sensitive to lead to more stress
(Possibly burn out), fatigue, CFS, fibromyalgia, anxiety and hypersensitivity.

The HSP is sensitive to subtle stimuli. You do not necessarily easier to hear, see or smell than others
(It may be), but all those brains process information, and are intensely engaged.
If you're highly sensitive means simply that you are overexcited faster, faster upset, quickly overwhelmed.
High sensitivity is an innate quality, with features that are not always understood by the environment.
HSP's are often called shy or introverted, inhibited, fearful and so on. Often these names incorrectly given.

External Sensitivity: indicates a characteristic sensory sensitivity, which can be observed from childhood.
Such jitters have children for example in attracting a mohair sweater and more often allergic to something.
Pitched sounds and colors are not tolerated, nor touching raw materials.
Even as an adult remains that increased sensitivity exist.

Internal sensitivity: refers to emotional sensitivity and a rich intellectual life.
This manifests itself as an increased sensitivity to art and music and be moved anywhere quickly.
In daily life, they quickly become out of balance signals from the outside world that another person is not so deep to allow penetration.
For example, if someone is angry looking at them, they remain the rest of the day wondering why that person was angry or he might not have his day and so on.
People with internal susceptibility can not tolerate crowds. Usually they are also more attentive than the average person.

* Be honest with them, because they are guaranteed by you when you say one thing and do another, they feel it immediately (or they're saying or not).
The result is that they are going to feel cheated or confused.
* Allow occasional clearly see what you find them, give them compliments.
HSPs have a lot more attention than others (an advantage that HSP is not easily next to his shoes ...)
* Be careful judgments about highly sensitive people.
When they are tired they are very quiet and they withdraw, they will contact for a while trying to avoid
but this certainly does not mean that they want no further contact.
Because they are overexcited they succeed not just to be social (often because they feel very guilty about it).
* Listen to them. No is no and yes is yes. It's not in the character of an HSP to lie.
An HSP is very close to his feelings and can therefore assess situations very well.
Try not to force it to do something else than they want.
* Be patient with them, give them time and do not be pushy.
HSP likes at his own pace and can not do too much simultaneously, they become irritated them.
* If an HSP says it enough, then it is enough and is the boundary of incentives for him or her reach,
as you might think that you should have an hour longer can stay at that party or birthday.
* An HSP is a long time for themselves to function properly.
Feel so as a partner or friend (in) not be refused if he or she wants to be alone for a while and things just do not want to agree, but give the HSP that time.
* HSP-ers do not like conflict or debate because they easily become over-stimulated, it then they will often be evaded.
So for example, they quickly notice that someone is lying through facial expressions and voice intonation to observe.

Many people daily face the problems of increased sensitivity. According to the author of the book "Highly Sensitive Person, Elaine N. Aron, there are a few pointers which you can determine if you have characteristics of an HSP. Answer each question tells you all for your feelings.

• I am aware of subtleties in my environment.
• I am influenced by the moods of others.
• I am very sensitive to pain.
• During busy days that I feel the need to draw me back into bed or a darkened room (or another place where I can be alone).
• I am particularly sensitive to the effects of caffeine.
• I am easily overwhelmed by things like bright lights, strong smells, coarse fabrics, or sirens.
• I have a rich and complex inner world.
• I do not feel uncomfortable by loud noises.
• I can get deeply moved by art or music.
• I am conscientious.
• I startle easily.
• I get rattled when I do a lot of effort in a short time.
• If people are in a physical environment uncomfortable, I tend to know what to do to change that (eg by light dimming or seating).
• I get irritated when people try too many things at me to do.
• I try hard to avoid making mistakes or forgetting things.
• I look forward to avoid violent movies or TV shows.
• I feel uncomfortable when a lot going on around me.
• Being very hungry, has a strong influence on my concentration or mood.
• Changes in my life put me off.
• I have a delicate or fine scents, tastes, sounds and works of art and enjoy it.
• Avoiding situations that make me upset or overload, has high priority with me.
• When I must compete with someone or get looked at my fingers, I get so nervous and tense that my services are much less than usual.
• As a child I went with my parents or teachers sensitive or shy.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Anu-Ki

Conspirator

PostFri Sep 17, 2010 12:48 am » by Anuki

To him... a touch is a blow,
a sound is a noise,
a misfortune is a tragedy,
a joy is an ecstasy,
a friend is a lover,
a lover is a god,
and failure is death.

All Gifted People Are HSP
We have found there is also a strong correlation between the trait of High Sensitivity and being "Gifted." It is probably not incorrect to say that although not all Highly Sensitive People are Gifted, all Gifted people are HSP. And, Dr. Dabroski's "OE" theory is that people born with overexcitabilites have a higher level of "development potential" than others and that overexcitabilities feed, enrich, empower and amplify their talents.

We hope you'll recognize that the trait of High Sensitivity is a gift and blessing, albeit a gift that can come with a hefty price tag. But, a gift we hope you'll come to realize is worth every penny of the price.

Conspirator

PostFri Sep 17, 2010 12:53 am » by lamonema

Totally relate, however i am still working on controlling my frustration driven anger. Good Post Anuki :flop:

Conspirator

PostFri Sep 17, 2010 1:16 am » by Muchtyman

anuki wrote:To him... a touch is a blow,
a sound is a noise,
a misfortune is a tragedy,
a joy is an ecstasy,
a friend is a lover,
a lover is a god,
and failure is death.

All Gifted People Are HSP
We have found there is also a strong correlation between the trait of High Sensitivity and being "Gifted." It is probably not incorrect to say that although not all Highly Sensitive People are Gifted, all Gifted people are HSP. And, Dr. Dabroski's "OE" theory is that people born with overexcitabilites have a higher level of "development potential" than others and that overexcitabilities feed, enrich, empower and amplify their talents.

We hope you'll recognize that the trait of High Sensitivity is a gift and blessing, albeit a gift that can come with a hefty price tag. But, a gift we hope you'll come to realize is worth every penny of the price.

Unfortunately , I am probably a person of low sensitivity ( LSP ) :( , as I am not gifted .

So forgive me when my immediate reaction is ................................

........................................ :cheers:

Conspirator

PostFri Sep 17, 2010 1:43 am » by Newearthman

I am an HSP as well but I find that I get under stimulate on a daily basis due to the constant observations and feelings. I guess thats why I enjoy Disclose.tv Thanks Anuki :flop:

Conspirator

PostFri Sep 17, 2010 1:45 am » by sockpuppet

LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouyVS6HOFeo