History proves the existence of God!

Conspirator

PostFri Jan 13, 2012 10:29 am » by Will69ease

The subject of history is grossly underrated. It is maligned and devalued by modern education, feared by students, and overlooked and underused by most politicians, intellectuals and journalists.

Ironically, even historians and others who enjoy and value history fail to grasp the critical importance of their beloved subject. In fact, history is perhaps the most underrated subject on Earth! Very few grasp and teach the inspiring truth about the ultimate purpose of studying history. What is that truth?

This ought not be startling. After all, God tells us plainly He guides and influences world events. “Remember the former things of old,” He said through Isaiah the prophet, “for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me, declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things not yet done, saying ‘My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all my purpose’” (Isaiah 46:9-10; Revised Standard Version).

King David of Israel understood God’s role in history: “Let all the earth fear the Lord, let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him! For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood forth. The Lord brings the counsel of the nations to nought; he frustrates the plans of the peoples. The counsel of the Lord stands for ever, the thoughts of his heart through to all generations” (Psalm 33:8-11; rsv).

The Apostle Paul unabashedly declared this same truth to the Greeks on his visit to Athens. Men of Athens, he proclaimed from Mars Hill, “I perceive that in every way you are very religious,” but you cannot see the one true God, who made the world and everything in it. “[God] made from one [man] every nation of men to live on all the face of earth,” preached Paul, “having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their habitation …” (Acts 17:22-26; rsv).

These great men understood that the rise and fall of entire civilizations—even the geographic locations of peoples—were determined by God. They recognized that history was a product of God’s will and power. They knew that much of history was written by God before it actually happened—or was shaped and determined by God as it was occurring.

Think about that. If history was shaped to varying degrees by God, that means when we study history we are actually getting a glimpse into the mind of God. It means the history books collecting dust on your shelf—the history you studied in school—the history devalued, neglected and ignored by most people today—is proof of God’s existence! When we view it from this perspective, history becomes a fascinating and powerful instrument for spiritual growth!

Put God to the test on this. Consider doing an in-depth study of ancient Egypt, or Assyria, or Persia, or Greece or the Roman Empire. Use the Bible as a textbook in your study. You will be floored at how closely events recorded in secular history books align with events recorded, often in advance, in the Bible. For now, let’s concentrate on a prophecy in Daniel 2 and its manifestation in the real world.

The succession of dominant empires in Western civilization beginning in the seventh century b.c. is widely accepted by historians and scholars. That succession of empires, which you can find explained in detail in most any general history textbook, is as follows: The first world-ruling empire was the Babylonian/Chaldean Empire, which became the dominant power in the seventh century b.c. after its famous King Nebuchadnezzar conquered Assyria and invaded Syria and Judah.

The second dominant empire was the Medo-Persian Empire, which, under the innovative leadership of Cyrus the Great in the sixth century b.c., defeated the Babylonians, and dominated territory from the shores of the Arabian Sea to the Mediterranean Sea. The third dominant civilization was the vast and influential Grecian Empire established by Alexander the Great in the mid-fourth century b.c. and maintained by four of Alexander’s generals after his death in Babylon in 323 b.c. The fourth and largest world-ruling civilization was the Roman Empire, which emerged in the first century b.c. and went on to dominate Western civilization, to varying degrees, for the next two millennia.

The succession of these empires is chronicled in detail in history books the world over. Of course, other civilizations and peoples, many influential and impressive, existed alongside these four—but these four were the dominant civilizations of their time and form the backbone of the history of Western civilization. Many history books do a sterling job detailing the rise and fall of these world-ruling empires after the fact.

Only the Bible forecast their emergence before it became reality!

The Prophet Daniel wrote his book in the sixth century b.c. In fact, read the first chapter of Daniel and you’ll see that it’s describing the sacking of Jerusalem by King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon in 587 b.c. and his relocation of the Jews back to Babylon. Secular history textbooks describe these same events occurring at exactly the same time. Among the Jews captured by Nebuchadnezzar was Daniel, a bright Jewish lad with the gift of interpreting dreams, who quickly became a confidant of the king.

Soon after returning to Babylon, the king had a dream that the Babylonian priests and magicians could not interpret. Daniel 2 explains how young Daniel was brought in to explain Nebuchadnezzar’s dream. Notice, the king refused to tell his dream to anyone. He didn’t want Daniel or the others to concoct an interpretation. God revealed both the imagery and the meaning of the dream to Daniel, which he then explained in vivid detail to King Nebuchadnezzar.

Read the young prophet’s explanation in Daniel 2:31-35. The king’s dream was detailed and impressive. He saw a great image, or statue, which was clearly divided into four distinct parts—its head comprised of fine gold, its breast and arms of silver, its belly and thighs of brass, and its legs of iron, with feet of a mixture of iron and clay. In the dream, the image was struck in its feet by a flying stone, which caused the image to crash to the ground, whereupon the shattered debris was blown away.

This dream was the contents page for world history—most of which was yet to unfold!

After correctly relaying the dream to Nebuchadnezzar, Daniel explained its meaning: “Thou, O king … art this head of gold. And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee, and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth. And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron” (read verses 37-45). Daniel explained to Nebuchadnezzar that he, the king of the Babylonian-Chaldean Empire, was the head of gold, the first of the world-ruling empires—a fact recognized and confirmed by history books!

Daniel then told the king—the time setting, remember, is in the sixth century b.c.—that after the Babylonian/Chaldean Empire there would arise three successive empires, which were pictured by the breast and arms of silver, the belly and thighs of brass, and the legs of iron.

God was revealing through Daniel how the next 2,500 years of secular history would unfold!

The Medo-Persian and Greek and Roman civilizations at the time of this prophecy were mere kernels of their latter glory. God was revealing through this image that they would become world-dominant civilizations! Daniel 2 was a prophecy about the rise and fall of four world-ruling civilizations.

How can we know God was referring to these four specifically? Because the documented histories, which fill millions of pages of textbooks, of these civilizations unfolded exactly as God said they would in Daniel 2 and other prophecies in the book of Daniel. Take Daniel 8, for example. Here God revealed that the second world-ruling empire, pictured by the breasts and arms of silver in the Daniel 2 image, would be a combination of two distinct peoples that would come together to dominate civilization. If you know Persian history, you know that it was the joint efforts of the Medes and the Persians that defeated the Babylonians and established the great Persian Empire.

God revealed similar details about the Greek and Roman empires, even though they didn’t emerge as world-dominant civilizations until two or three hundred years later.

If you study the entire book of Daniel, you will realize it’s filled with history recorded before it actually happened!

There are countless thrilling details revealing God’s presence and role in history. Daniel 2 is simply one example. To learn more, request and read Daniel Unlocks Revelation, The Proof of the Bible and, most importantly, The United States and Britain in Prophecy. Study this literature in conjunction with some good secular history books, and you’ll be flabbergasted at the connection between secular history and the Bible.
https://www.thetrumpet.com/?page=catalog

Conspirator

PostFri Jan 13, 2012 1:45 pm » by Will69ease

:rtft:

Conspirator

PostFri Jan 13, 2012 7:20 pm » by Truthdefender

I would like to discuss certain events stated and foretold in the Bible from a perfectly historical point of view, and would love to hear any theories on it's accuracy. If some of you can't handle that, move along.

1.) The Book of Isaiah was written between 740-680 BC. In roughly 606 BC the rapidly growing Babylonian empire, an off-shoot of Assyria, invaded and conquered Israel, destroyed the temple, and took thousands captive and dispersed them throughout the empire.

Isaiah 44:28
"28 who says of Cyrus, ‘He is my shepherd
and will accomplish all that I please;
he will say of Jerusalem, “Let it be rebuilt,”
and of the temple, “Let its foundations be laid.”’

Isaiah 45
1 “This is what the LORD says to his anointed,
to Cyrus, whose right hand I take hold of
to subdue nations before him
and to strip kings of their armor,
to open doors before him
so that gates will not be shut:
2 I will go before you
and will level the mountains[a];
I will break down gates of bronze
and cut through bars of iron.
3 I will give you hidden treasures,
riches stored in secret places,
so that you may know that I am the LORD,
the God of Israel, who summons you by name.
4 For the sake of Jacob my servant,
of Israel my chosen,
I summon you by name
and bestow on you a title of honor,
though you do not acknowledge me.
5 I am the LORD, and there is no other;
apart from me there is no God.

13 I will raise up Cyrus[b] in my righteousness:
I will make all his ways straight.
He will rebuild my city
and set my exiles free,
but not for a price or reward,
says the LORD Almighty.”

After the death of Nebuchadnezzar, the Neo-Babylonian Empire begins to lose power. It was conquered in about 539 BC by Cyrus the Great. http://www.aboutbibleprophecy.com/e17.htm

When he conquered Babylon, he did so to cheers from the Jewish Community, who welcomed him as a liberator- he allowed the Jews to return to the promised Land. He showed great forbearance and respect towards the religious beliefs and cultural traditions of other races. These qualities earned him the respect and homage of all the people over whom he ruled.......
In 539 BCE he allowed more than 40,000 Jews to leave Babylon and return to Palestine.
http://www.iranchamber.com/history/cyrus/cyrus.php
This occured over 150years after Isaiah wrote the passages above.

2.) The Book of Daniel has been an especially hotly debated book for centuries. The events it foretold have been so accurate that some scholars have declared it must have been written long after it proposes. They surmise a date closer to 200BC and not somewhere between 600 and 550BC as Christians would contend. I will discuss the evidence of greatest support shortly. One of the reasons critics would give a later date for Daniel is the unparalleled accuracy with which it describes a young Alexander the Great and the rise of the Greek empire. Alexander lived from 356-323BC. After defeating Darius III, of the Persian empire (a descendant of the Cyrus/Darius Medo-Persian empire foretold by Isaiah), Alexander went on to conquer the world from Egypt to the edges of India in 11 short years. He died without an heir, (children murdered), and the empire was divided up amongst four of his top generals.

Daniel 8:3-8
"I looked up, and there before me was a ram with two horns, standing beside the canal, and the horns were long. One of the horns was longer than the other but grew up later. 4 I watched the ram as it charged toward the west and the north and the south. No animal could stand against it, and none could rescue from its power. It did as it pleased and became great.
5 As I was thinking about this, suddenly a goat with a prominent horn between its eyes came from the west, crossing the whole earth without touching the ground. 6 It came toward the two-horned ram I had seen standing beside the canal and charged at it in great rage. 7 I saw it attack the ram furiously, striking the ram and shattering its two horns. The ram was powerless to stand against it; the goat knocked it to the ground and trampled on it, and none could rescue the ram from its power. 8 The goat became very great, but at the height of its power the large horn was broken off, and in its place four prominent horns grew up toward the four winds of heaven."

The ram is the Medo-Persian empire. The longer, greater horn because the Persians were stronger than the Medes. The goat is obviously Greece and the 'prominent horn' Alexander the great who would be broken at the height of his power and the kingdom divided to the four winds. "Crossing the earth without touching the ground", could be a symbol for the speed with which Greece conquered the known world.

Now, if written in 200BC or so, it is no great thing that the events are so accurately depicted, but does that critique hold water?

Naturalists use 165 BCE as the date of authorship for the book of Daniel. Even if we use 165 BCE as the date of authoring Daniel based on Naturalist bias, Daniel's 70-weeks prophecy contains a very accurate forth telling of the Christian faith. Six credible prophecies were fulfilled. Based on the evidence, modern scholars (Naturalists) are biased against the reality of prophecy at the 98.5% confidence level. There are only 14 chance in a 1,000 that this conclusion is not true (due to random error).

Evidence No. 1: Documents written in 5th century BCE Egypt (~495 BCE TO ~402 BCE) reveal unique textual and linguistic styles from that era. These documents are called the Elephantine Papyri. By comparing the texts of the Elephantine Papyri to the texts of Daniel, scholars have concluded that the textual style of Daniel places the book within the era of the 5th century BCE. Even Naturalists accept that the style of writing would place the book of Daniel centuries earlier than the 2nd century BCE. However, Naturalists favor the 165 BCE date due to their bias.

Evidence No. 2: Another textual evidence that Daniel was written centuries before 165 BCE are the texts of the Dead Sea Scrolls (written from 150 BCE to 50 CE). Scholarly comparison of the unique textual and linguistic styles support that Daniel was written centuries before the Dead Sea Scrolls. Dating Daniel to 165 BCE is not credible.

Naturalist's views for dating the book of Daniel are based on false assumptions about prophecy. Since we can verify Daniel's prophetic ideas came true, then Daniel's words appear to come from outside time-space. The date for writing the book of Daniel must be pushed back to match the text and linguistic style of the 5th century BCE.

Only a Being living outside the control of time can consistently reveal the future. The data supports that we live in a universe under supernatural control. To this end, conservative scholars take the position that the book of Daniel was written centuries before 165 BCE. The evidence is very sound. Let's review the evidence.
http://www.harvardhouse.com/Daniel_date-written.htm

As this post is running alot longer than I had anticipated, I will skip over all of the amazingly accurate passages that predict a restored Israel, and concentrate on a relatively obsucre prophecy in relation to a restored Israel. Plus, I know how much it burns everyone up here at DTV that those darn PTB have fulfilled the Bible by giving the Jews back the promised land 2500 years after it was predicted.

3.) As much as 3300 years ago, the earliest Jewish writings foretold a time when Israel would become a wasteland. Then later writings (2500) years ago foretold a restoring of the land to a lush green state.
Israel would become a wasteland
Bible prophecy: Deuteronomy 29:23
Prophecy written: As early as 1400 BC
Prophecy fulfilled: At different times in history

In Deuteronomy 29:23, the Bible said Israel would become a wasteland. This prophecy certainly was fulfilled. The land has been described many times as having been a sparsely populated wasteland, as recently as the late 1800s and early 1900s.

American writer Mark Twain wrote this, in 1867, about the land of Israel, which at the time was called Palestine: "Palestine sits in sackcloth and ashes… the spell of a curse that has withered its fields and fettered its energies… Palestine is desolate and unlovely… It is a hopeless, dreary, heartbroken land."
http://100prophecies.org/

Then with the rebirth of the nation of Israel in 1948, the land has grown over the last few decades to an extremely lush beautiful land, full of vineyards and crops:
8 “‘But you, mountains of Israel, will produce branches and fruit for my people Israel, for they will soon come home.
" 33 “‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: On the day I cleanse you from all your sins, I will resettle your towns, and the ruins will be rebuilt. 34 The desolate land will be cultivated instead of lying desolate in the sight of all who pass through it. 35 They will say, “This land that was laid waste has become like the garden of Eden; the cities that were lying in ruins, desolate and destroyed, are now fortified and inhabited.” 36 Then the nations around you that remain will know that I the LORD have rebuilt what was destroyed and have replanted what was desolate. I the LORD have spoken, and I will do it.’ Ezekiel 36:8&33-36

4.) There are so many of these historically accurate predictions coming to pass you could fill pages, but I will bore those of you who have made it this far no longer. I will leave you with one last event in history which was accurately predicted by both Daniel and clarified by Jesus of Nazerath. Daniel states in Chapter 9 that the Roman empire would destroy Jerusalem and the temple shortly after the Messiah would be 'cut-off' (killed). We know that this destruction took place in 70 AD, but what is more amazing is that Jesus gave a more detailed description which came to pass because of a soldiers error.

Matthew 24:1-2
1 Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. 2 “Do you see all these things?” he asked. “Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.”

Now it was not Roman custom to destroy the infrastructure of conquered peoples. Not even insolent rebellious people like the Jews. They preferred keeping roads and citadels built by the conquered in good working order. But after the Jewish rebellion, when the Roman legions besieged the city, an over zealous soldier 'accidently' set the temple on fire. As the flames raged, the solid gold on the roof of the temple began to melt down into the stones of the building itself. So, since what was done was done, the Romans just razed the city and stone blocks to steal the gold and whattya know, "not one stone here will be left upon another." Simply amazing.
http://www.bibleresearch.org/articles/a11pws.htm

Just in the hour of research spent to write this thread, I have learned much about this highly contreversial book we call the Bible. I just ask one thing--If it is so prophetically accurate in regard to historical happenings, can we really just sweep the spiritual implications under the rug without a thorough scrutinizing? Are there any practical theories for it's accuracy if it is not supernatural in nature. Your thoughts.
topics/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=49980&start=0
In Christ are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge

Conspirator

PostFri Jan 13, 2012 7:22 pm » by Truthdefender

More mathematical intricacies of the prophetic Word. Anyone have a theory as to how this came to be if it is not in fact from outside of our time/space reality?

5.) During the Babylonian captivity which stretched from 606 BC to 536 BC, Daniel the prophet received a visit/vision from the angel Gabriel. This prophecy would later become known as the 70 weeks of Daniel. Gabriel tells Daniel that the Messiah would appear and be "cut-off" after 7 weeks of years and 62 weeks of years, after the decree from the Persian king to rebuild Jerusalem and the Temple. In Hebrew tradition a week was a group of 7. So what Gabriel is telling Daniel is that the long awaited Messiah would appear and be "cut-off" (but not for Himself) 69 weeks of years after the decree to rebuild the temple.

Daniel 9
“O Daniel, I have now come forth to give you skill to understand. 23 At the beginning of your supplications the command went out, and I have come to tell you, for you are greatly beloved; therefore consider the matter, and understand the vision:
24 “ Seventy weeks[a] are determined
For your people and for your holy city,
To finish the transgression,
To make an end of sins,
To make reconciliation for iniquity,
To bring in everlasting righteousness,
To seal up vision and prophecy,
And to[b] anoint the Most Holy.
25 “ Know therefore and understand,
That from the going forth of the command
To restore and build Jerusalem
Until Messiah the Prince,
There shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks;
The street[c] shall be built again, and the wall,[d]
Even in troublesome times.
26 “ And after the sixty-two weeks
Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself;
And the people of the prince who is to come
Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.

A week is 7 years
7 x 7 years = 49years
Plus
7 x 62 years = 434years
----------------------------------
Which equals 483years.

So 483 years from the decree by the Medo-Persian king to rebuild the Temple, the long awaited "Anointed One" would appear in Jerusalem.

We know historically that this decree did happen and was given:
•Nehemiah said the command to rebuild Jerusalem was given in the month of Nisan in twentieth year of Artaxerxes(Neh. 2:1-8).
•A few experts, including Dr. C. I. Scofield, say the year was 445 B.C.
•Others experts, including Dr. Harold Hoehner, say the year was 444 B.C.

GABRIEL FORETOLD THE EXACT DAY OF THE FIRST COMING OF JESUS
•“Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks (7), and threescore and two weeks (62)” (Dan. 9:25).
•7wks plus 62wks = 69 wks of years.
•69 wks of yrs. X 7 yrs./wk = 483 years.
•483 years X 360 days in a Jewish prophetic yr. = 173,880 days.
•Gabriel said there will be 173,880 days from the command to rebuild Jerusalem unto the first coming of Jesus.

CONCERNING NISAN 1, 445 B.C.
•If Dr. C. I. Scofield is right and we start counting on Nisan 1, 445 B.C. and count off 173,880 days, this means Jesus would make His Triumphal Entry on Nisan 10, 32 A.D (April 6, 32 A.D.).

CONCERNING NISAN 1, 444 B.C.
•If Dr. Harold Hoehneris right and we start on Nisan 1, 444 B.C. and count off 173,880 days, this means Jesus would make His Triumphal Entry on Nisan 10, 33 A.D. (March 30, 33 A.D.).

IT CHECKS OUT!!!
•The Bible confirms that Jesus made His Triumphal Entry on Nisan 10(Jn. 12:1, 12).

THE PASSAGE MENTIONS THREE TIME PERIODS
1) A period of 7 wks.= 7 x 7 = 49 yrs.
2) A period of 62 wks. = 62 x 7 = 434 yrs.
3) A period of 1 wk. = 1 x 7 = 7 yrs.
•The totalis70 wks. =490 yrs.
•In the 1st49 yrs. Jerusalem was rebuilt.
•The end of 434 yrs., was the 1stcoming.
•The last 7 yrs. is the Tribulation Period

THE 1ST 3 EVENTS THAT GABRIEL PROPHESIED IN SEQUENCE
•First, there will be a period of 7 weeks of years (49 years).
•Second, there will be a period of 62 weeks of years (434 years).
•Third, after the period
of 62 weeks of years,
the Messiah will appear.

THE NEXT THREE EVENTS IN SEQUENCE
•Fourth, after the Messiah appears, He will be cut off, but not for himself.
•Fifth, after the Messiah is cut off the people of the prince that shall come will destroy the city (Jerusalem) and the sanctuary (Temple).
–Rome did this in 70 A.D.

LET’S NOTICE WHAT JESUS SAID WHEN HE MADE HIS TRIUMPHAL ENTRY ON NISAN 10
•“If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes [you’re blinded].For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side, And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation” (Luke 19:41-44).

LET’S GO BACK TO NISAN 10
•Artaxerxes gave Nehemiah the Command to rebuild Jerusalem (Neh. 2:1-8).
•7 wks plus 62 weeks later (which was 483 years or 173,880 days later) Jesus made His Triumphal Entry on the exact day the angel Gabriel said the Messiah would appear.
•That day was Nisan 10.

WHY IS NISAN 10 SIGNIFICANT
•Nisan 10is significant because God told Moses to have every family of Jews in Egypt select their Passover Lamb on Nisan 10(Ex. 12:1-3).
•So Jesus made His Triumphal Entry on Nisan 10which is the same day that every family of Jews selected a Lamb to sacrifice as their family Passover Lamb (Ex. 12:5).
•Nisan 10 is also the same day that the priests selected a lamb to be sacrificed as the nation’s Passover Lamb.

THE NATION’S LAMB WAS KILLED AT EVENING TIME ON NISAN 14
•God said select the lamb on Nisan 10, but “ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth dayof the same month: & the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening” (Ex. 12:6).
•The Priests killed the nation’s Passover Lamb at the Temple at evening time five days after they selected it.
Jewish priestskilled the Passover lamb for the
nation at the Temple at 3 p.m. the next afternoon (this was still on Passover Day).
•Jesus was crucified on Passover Day (Matt. 26:2).
•Jesus died at the ninth hour which was 3 p.m.
•Jesus died on the exact day & at the exact time the priests killed the nation’sPassover Lamb at the Temple.

A SHADOW OF GOOD THINGS TO COME (HEB. 10:1)
•God told the Jews not to leave any of the Passover Lamb until the next day (Ex. 12:10).
–The body of Jesus was removed from the cross before the next day (Jn. 19:31).
•God told the Jews not to break any of the Passover Lamb’s bones (Ex. 12:46).
–None of the bones of Jesus was broken (Jn. 19:33).

JESUS WAS THE LAMB OF GOD WHO DIED ON PASSOVER DAY FOR THE SINS OF THE WORLD (JN. 1:29)
•The angel Gabriel told Daniel the Messiah would be “cut off, but not for Himself” (Dan. 9:26).
•Paul said, “Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us” (I Cor. 5:7).
•Nor for Himself, but for us.
http://www.raptureready.com/featured/duck/dd50.pdf
written by: Daymond Duck

Do you understand the intricacy with which God's plan was revealed and then fulfilled? Even the most wild of theories regarding collusion in the Bible cannot explain the accuracy within the dates of the prophecies. How do I know this? Because only recently have our modern day scholars begun to find these mathematical intricacies with in the texts. Daniel was told to seal the Book until the time of the end when knowledge would increase. It also says that in the days of the end the wise would understand but the wicked would not. Ask God for understanding! This living Word is a love letter to you. It comes from outside of time to relay to God's children that He has everything under control and that the end and the events which lead to it have already been decreed. They just await fulfillment. Our jobs as truth seekers is to at least evaluate the information, and if it fits, then the logical conclusion is that the Bible is the Word of God and therefore trustworthy. And because it is so accurate the next logical step would then be to trust in the One who wrote it.
topics/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=56954&start=0
In Christ are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge

Initiate

PostFri Jan 13, 2012 7:50 pm » by Debunkerace

:badair:
Face what you think you believe and you will be surprised.

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 14, 2012 1:02 am » by Zer0

debunkerace wrote::badair:

I am so done with you, one more retarded comment and you are out of here.
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

Initiate

PostSat Jan 14, 2012 1:11 am » by Gonzo63

Using the Bible to "prove" the existence of god is like using a television to prove the existence of Captain Kirk. Both entities (god and Kirk) exist solely in subjective fiction. :bullshit:

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 14, 2012 1:15 am » by Noentry

gonzo63 wrote:Using the Bible to "prove" the existence of god is like using a television to prove the existence of Captain Kirk. Both entities (god and Kirk) exist solely in subjective fiction. :bullshit:

he will save us. :roll:

Upload to Disclose.tv

"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Initiate

PostSat Jan 14, 2012 1:17 am » by Gonzo63

otoel wrote:

Do you know what kind of people like to pretend they have power and influence when they don't? Juveniles. You are such an irritating little girly-boy, Etool.

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 14, 2012 1:33 am » by Zer0

gonzo63 wrote:
otoel wrote:

Do you know what kind of people like to pretend they have power and influence when they don't? Juveniles. You are such an irritating little girly-boy, Etool.

And what does that make you oh wise one? The king of the little girl-boys hunter? Or a really bored loser who has nothing better to do than constantly bash someone whom he considers below him. Your turning into a one trick pony son.. better update your style. Mhhm
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

Next