Hitman Absolution Occult Symbolism

Writer

PostFri Dec 07, 2012 11:13 am » by shponglized

I find this quite funny as I worked on this game for the last 4 years. Some people can find symbolism in anything these days.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 07, 2012 12:29 pm » by Tjahzi

oh man, you're a game developer? :pray:

maybe you weren't privy that kind of info?

idk, if this is huckumsch schmuckumsch, please elaborate :look:

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 07, 2012 1:05 pm » by mediasorcery

interesting post m8, i know what you mean about the symbolism hey, but, anything is possible i gues, doesnt pay to be too paranoid does it lol.

thanx for post, im a gamer, played all hitman series, theyre gr8 games, loved contracts i think it was where started in insane asylum remember hehe, that was a gr8 start to a game, the white room, the car keys ,the dead doctor, and blood everywhere . :flop: :cheers: :hiho:
the story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye, until we meet again my friend.

Writer

PostFri Dec 07, 2012 1:26 pm » by shponglized

Tjahzi wrote:oh man, you're a game developer? :pray:

maybe you weren't privy that kind of info?

idk, if this is huckumsch schmuckumsch, please elaborate :look:

Yeah, it's not all fun and games in this industry (the dreams are stattered!!). I am a key member on the team and know everyone here that makes the creative decisions for projects like this, while also being very heavily involved myself. Trust me, there isn't really anyone here that would intentionally put anything like this in the game.

Funny thing in the video is the mention of the office building. I know the guy that originally designed the building, and it was here way before Io Interactive was here, he just laughed that the whole thing. Although it would possibly be a portal to hell, well that's just how I feel during crunch times :P

The Agency logo is basically a rip off from the MI5 logo.

You'll even notice on the Agency logo the MIV has been replaced with IOI.. we always put shameless plugs and references to stuff like that. I know in one level you can go into one of the toilets and there is a phone number on the wall that is actually a massage palour somewhere in Sweden :mrcool:

The amulet that Victoria wears around her neck (or as we like to call it "The Magic iPod") was designed by a guy on my team (Cinematics), and he literally spent about 30mins on it.. no occult influences, I can guarentee.

As for the in IO Interactive/IOI/101, the "IO" stands for Input/Ouput. Even the logo tries to illustrate this. Hell even if it had anything to do with 101, it binary, and we are a Tech and Games Development studio.

Half the time, anything that is put into graphics is just stuff ripped from the internet and changed to avoid copyright issues, and this is done by the grunts on the floor.. most of the time thinking "Eh, that looks kinda cool." There are no hidden occult messages in this game. Our overlords "Square Enix" really have very little input into what we do in the game unless it is deemed offensive to some people and even this line is blurry. It is a very independant studio and everyone has ownership over what they create with very little input from managers etc.

I had been waiting for someone to do a video regarding this stuff in this game. I think there have been other for other Hitman games, but in all honesty it's just a bunch of guys sitting round trying to make something cool and entertaining.

:cheers:

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 07, 2012 3:08 pm » by Tjahzi

thanks for the explanation :cheers:

i've played the previous games in the series and i enjoyed them thoroughly.

gonna buy absolution soon, heard a few friends talking about it and they were all uppity about it.

thank you guys for the awesome work you put in these games :flop:

Writer

PostFri Dec 07, 2012 4:12 pm » by shponglized

Tjahzi wrote:thanks for the explanation :cheers:

i've played the previous games in the series and i enjoyed them thoroughly.

gonna buy absolution soon, heard a few friends talking about it and they were all uppity about it.

thank you guys for the awesome work you put in these games :flop:

Anytime, and thanks for the support! :cheers:

Conspirator

PostTue Dec 18, 2012 1:35 pm » by Tjahzi

went trough the game and i daresay the best part are the cinematics & the storyline.

incredible work.

expected a lot more of the gameplay though but i liked the bullet time & executions.

had a feeling that some parts of the gameplay were wrapped up too quickly? or are more intended for console use instead of pc.

hoped for some more customization. but perhaps i should play the online mode first :mrgreen:

thumbs up :flop:

Writer

PostTue Dec 18, 2012 2:45 pm » by Yaok

are you headed east shponglized?

Conspirator

PostTue Dec 18, 2012 3:08 pm » by Phaeton

Yaok wrote:are you headed east shponglized?

Lets all wonder what is meant by this.

'lol'

Arty avatar shpong.
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music"
"All our science measured against reality, is primitive and childlike - yet, in contemporary consensus, its the most precious thing we have"

Upload to Disclose.tv