Hobbyist Shoots Earth From Edge of Space

jetxvii

PostSat Mar 27, 2010 9:12 pm » by jetxvii

kingz wrote:
jetxvii wrote:Someone needs to apply that and send a human in a balloon, if one is willing to be the sheep to do it.

get an air tank a pressure diving suit, a huge balloon, a parachute and I think we have a very cheap and also a very dangerous but potentially can be worked with space program.

screw the millions and the safety we got an idea here.

or better yet Nasa could do this with satellites they want sent into space, just reinforce the balloon make it bigger, and release satellite at desired distance with a simple pop of the balloon.... naw now I am just being a retard..

:look:

Upload to Disclose.tv

On August 16, 1960, he made the final jump from the Excelsior III at 102,800 feet (31,300 m).[1] Towing a small drogue chute for initial stabilization, he fell for four minutes and 36 seconds, reaching a maximum speed of 614 mph [2][3] (988 km/h or 274 m/s) before opening his parachute at 18,000 feet (5,500 m). Pressurization for his right glove malfunctioned during the ascent, and his right hand swelled up to twice its normal size.[4][5] He set historical numbers for highest balloon ascent, highest parachute jump, longest drogue-fall (four minutes), and fastest speed by a human being through the atmosphere[6]. These are still current USAF records, but were not submitted for aerospace world records to the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale (FAI). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Kittinger

LMFAO I thought that was a horrible and not safe Idea, and here NASA is doing it for the first space flight...

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, wow either I am a genius or NASA is really stupid.

however very awesome concept at the same time... thanks for the video that is going with the collection.

Previous