How an African tribe deals with crime

Conspirator

PostSat Dec 08, 2012 12:46 am » by Svaha

There were times when food was realy hard to get, so every member of the tribe was needed to survive, and only those that committed a worse crime (like murder) were exciled (which ment certain death)

Amongst other tribes the murderer had to take the place of the person he/she murdered.

From this perspective, not paying attention to someone, acting as if this person was invisible, was a severe punishment.
Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell

Conspirator

PostSat Dec 08, 2012 12:49 am » by 99socks

Svaha wrote:
From this perspective, not paying attention to someone, acting as if this person was invisible, was a severe punishment.

Sounds like the house I grew up in. :?
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/obamas-doj-silent-as-new-black-panthers-leader-incites-violence-in-ferguson_082014

I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

Conspirator

PostSat Dec 08, 2012 12:57 am » by Fatdogmendoza

99socks wrote: @Edgar and SC: that's why I asked. It seems the pattern around the world is that of exile and not deliberate re-inclusion, and the fact that the tribe wasn't named made it vague enough to sound like a hoax.

But I do really like the idea. :sunny:

The Kusamehewa....its swahili

Writer

PostSat Dec 08, 2012 2:47 am » by kingligger

What about rape or murder? Naughty person & take that as a punishment. Death Penalty I would enquire

Conspirator

PostSat Dec 08, 2012 4:15 am » by mediasorcery

what a post, mind blowing, kudos for this, we could all learn something from this im sure.ta sock.
the story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye, until we meet again my friend.

Master Conspirator

PostSat Dec 08, 2012 4:23 am » by Cornbread714

From what "they" tell us: we are all of African descent.

So let us niggas raise hands in praise of the creative mother (and father) and stop believing ANYTHING we ever hear on Facebook.

And make a joyful noise (hopefully somewhat rhythmic - I know: some of us paler Africans have a slight problem with that) unto our cosmic mammy with the big, black comforting titties.

AMEN

I hope everyone gets my humor.

The thought behind that story is so beautiful, it makes me want to have some hope for us all.
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Initiate

PostSat Dec 08, 2012 4:32 am » by Ishumble

:clapper: Great story of unconditional love

Conspirator

PostSat Dec 08, 2012 5:00 am » by Mydogma

I think some traditional natives have that type of thing happening, perhaps not to such a simplicity...imagine all the shrinks that would loose their jobs..cops...judges..pharms and jailers ...hmmm sounds like its a winner too me..although I was looking forward to the peeing on the rocker club...perhaps I have a ffetish thing happening...better go see a shrink..
If you don't wake up, Your the problem, not the thief...www.cattledum.com

Previous