How can a dream tell us the future?

Writer
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 5:29 am

PostThu May 07, 2009 7:36 am » by Megavirus


I always wanted to know about this at the age of 17yrs to my current age as of today still not being able to understand this, mostly because I have been expierencing this alot.
Last year is when it really struck me constantly having dreams living the future to a point were I hated it, cause its like re-living parts of your lives that already occurred in my dreams, you might say thats deja-vu which I believe it probably was but I happened to remember dreaming about it when it , like for instance when I get a deja-vu it last usually for about 1min or longer the longest deju-vu ive had was 30min or so that is when it gets really weird and gives me a sickning feeling. Most of the time when a deja-vu occurres I remember the rest of the dream after that part of the dream is over but it just doesn't fit in with he rest of the present timing after the deja-vu.

Anyways thats deja-vu but theres these other dreams that are like a riddle I don't know what it means but the only reason why I'm paying attention to it is because it seems like it already happened even though I know I was only dreaming about it, I know it sounds weird so I'll try to explain more basically for some odd reason it feels like what I dreamed already occurred even though I know it hasn't.

Here is an example of that one dream.
When I was 18yrs old I was going to school I had a girlfriend that liked me , and I liked her.
One night I dream't about me being inside a class at school with my girlfriend in it, I see her so I try to come up to her to hug her but for some odd reason shes pushing me back from me being able to do so even though in my mind in the dream I know she likes, anyways as I was attempting to hug her I realized one of the class mates is by her side as if thats her boyfriend now she doesn't look like she likes him but shes allowing him to be by her side as if boyfriend and girlfriend kind of deal.
So I end up waking up saying no to myself like this already happened even though I know this is only a dream.
So later that day I went to school I end up getting in a arguement with my girlfriend and we end up breaking up. The next day I hear shes dating some guy which made me upset kind of but not really, cause I kind of thought shes trying to make me jealous but later I start to not believe what I was thinking and truely believing shes dating him, so as the day went by I went to the restroom and as I was entering the restroom I walked in quitely cause I heard to guys talking to each other in the bathroom while they where sittng on the toilet taking a dump which I kind of found pretty funny so I start to over hear there conversation noticing that one of the guys is my girlfriends boyfriend, so what they where talking about is this I cant remember everything but this is what mostly I remember "So I hear your dating this
girl(mygirfriend)" "No its just a cover up shes trying to make Roman(me) jealous" right then and there I understood my whole dream and its meaning.
What the dream ment was she was pushing me away as if she doesn't like me and having a guy by her side to make me jealous and the guy that was by here side was the exact same person she used to make me jealous in reality. weird huh?

So this is my question how is this possible through the riddle I got in my dream it came to reality with perfection within two days?
If you have something to share thats not deja-vu but based on the exact type of dream I exprienced plz share I'd like to hear it.
Last edited by Megavirus on Fri May 08, 2009 1:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 622
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:28 am

PostThu May 07, 2009 7:59 am » by Mugenroshi8


I have some thoughts if you wish to entertain them, they may or may not be related to one another, but I'll let you decipher.

As for the example you gave, of your dream predicting the action that occurred the following day. Normally what someone may say to you is, "Because you had a negative dream, perhaps you self-created a situation where she would break up with you, because in your mind you knew she was/would be capable of committing said act to make you jealous." But I won't say this, because it's flawed. Because your dream came first, reality second, perhaps it did affect your emotions and affect the environment you and your sweet-thang shared, thus creating a situation as in your dream; BUT, the big question is why would your subconscious Mind wish to bring this into reality to begin with? Especially after the given that you both liked one another? Why would your subconscious Mind conjure up this situation for your conscious mind to enact? Why would the purest form of 'You' wish this upon yourself?

To see if you were correct? No I don't think we are such shallow people. Perhaps you wished to 'work out some bugs' your subconscious Mind had picked up on in your relationship, create a situation to work through and thus build whatever traits you specifically find important in relationships. Just a thought.

The possible bridge between what was just said and what I am saying now, is my theory that Time does not exist within the subconscious Mind. If it is true that the subconscious Mind records every image the eye sees, every sound the ear hears, every taste to touch the tongue and every word communicated, then the Conscious mind would be the file cabinet. The case I would bring would be 'memory.' You may not remember the exact date of the first time you shared affection with a loved one, but you certainly can remember the image. You'd only remember the date if it was somehow associated to the 'moment the memory was captured' (for instance, if that loved one's birthday was that same day, or some other event associated towards a marking in Time). The experience is encoded naturally it would seem, and the date added for easy reference.

What if in dreams (experience taking place in the subconscious Mind) Time really doesn't exist. Why couldn't you experience in that reality what would play out in the reality you would experience after opening your eyes? Why wouldn't your subconscious Mind prepare you for an event that would no doubt trigger significant emotional waves? After all, does not our subconscious Mind do these things anyway, in the event of traumatic experiences? It would seem so anyway, to me. Plus, if you wanted to give your subconscious Mind an even bigger pat on the back, you could even thank it for wanting to work out whatever issue that got taken care of due to the event, I'm sure it was looking out for your well-being first and foremost anyhow, being as in your Mind, this is Your universe and all else, minor characters who may or may not cease to exist the moment you take your eyes off them.

Here's a thought that may be entertaining: perhaps your dreams are the reason you should never second guess your actions, live without regret, and absolutely live in the moment without fear of missing something more important. After all, if you experienced it in your dream already, you'd be the best person to know what is worth paying attention to in the 'waking moment.' :wink:
Image

Writer
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 5:29 am

PostThu May 07, 2009 8:44 am » by Megavirus


mugenroshi8 wrote:

Those are some good points you brought up some of them I havent looked at it that way.

This girl I was dating was this type of girl where she would like you one moment but the next dislike you, this arguement that took place was the result of her being unsatisfied with my current actions that made me decide to break up with her without thinking about the dream I had cause the dream didn't make sense at the moment nor did I think about it till everything opened up to me at the end.
When I woke up I did not think it would happen in reality mostly because our relationship was going really well, even though my brain was telling me everything is going to go bad till I started to think clearly after getting out of bed, thats why I was saying no to myself.

I may agree with you on maybe some how the dream made me make it into reality, but the odd part is the dream was not on my mind when the break up occurred and I cant make things work out perfectly because she has to play a roll in making me jealous and pick the right guy that I saugh in my dream to fit the riddle in my dream.
Plus the guy she picked I would've never guest for him to be the one because there was another guy that would've fit more of being her boyfriend.
Last edited by Megavirus on Fri May 08, 2009 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Conspirator
Posts: 5671
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:28 am

PostThu May 07, 2009 9:21 am » by Drextin


I think our sub conscience reads the writing on the wall far better than we comprehend. Dreams are odd creations that hold many powerful meanings. To me trying to understand them through science or philosophy has done nothing but confuse what they are even more.

I think an individual should figure out the real power of his or her dreams and let that be that. There is no one unifying answer for everyone.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Initiate
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:23 am
Location: Wiltshire, England

PostThu May 07, 2009 11:37 am » by Happydayz


I personally believe this is possible, as when we sleep and dream, we are doing so within the Astral plane. My research into Remote Viewing, Astral Projection/OBEs/NDEs, Spirituality etc has led me to the conclusion that when we sleep, our Astral body becomes mainly detached from the physical body (although there is still a connection) The Astral plane exists in a higher dimension, where time in this dimension is visible, just as space is visible within this lower dimension. I also believe that before we partake in a particular life, we have some choice in which life we incarnate into (depending on what experiences will help our consciousness evolve, or lessons to be learnt) and so some insight into what is going to happen in this lesson is already within our subconscious.

I have personally experienced many dreams like the one you have mentioned and even daydreamed some things happening minutes before they have. I think that is why I have become so interested in this stuff, in trying to work out WTF is going on!

I know my beliefs of 'what's going on' may sound a bit 'out there' but I can post some links to things on those subjects if you're interested?

Writer
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 5:29 am

PostThu May 07, 2009 11:48 am » by Megavirus


drextin wrote:I think our sub conscience reads the writing on the wall far better than we comprehend. Dreams are odd creations that hold many powerful meanings. To me trying to understand them through science or philosophy has done nothing but confuse what they are even more.
I think an individual should figure out the real power of his or her dreams and let that be that. There is no one unifying answer for everyone.

I kind of believe this way but it leads to more question which is our body needs rest but our soul doesn't because its not flesh and bone so when your sleeping your body try's to take control of your soul so what it does is make you accoupied by dreaming things, kind of like watching TV but you can control what you want to see.
It is possible to escape your body but you have to trick the mind, to do so I don't know how exactly but heres one way I think it maybe, when your dreaming right, your minds thinking that your watching "TV" but you make it think that as if your leaving your body only in a dream but really your escaping it and right when you get out of your body it has no control whats so ever which lets you have the ability to do things that you would not normally able to do in the physical body.
So yes basically our physical body is useless its keeping us in a cage so it can survive in this world. Basically using our soul to survive on earth.
This can get really scary though messing with your mind like this, even though you may not actually be leaving your body but only dreaming this the dream can get pretty real and can get company :nails: just note its only the way I think it doesn't mean that its like this for sure you can do this to it for all I care :badair:
I just expierenced it myself before thats why I believe this way but I'm not even certian myself.
So this might some how have to do with the dream I had that predicted the future and the soul predicts future through riddles not just being straight forward cause a riddle is short and quick to the point if you understand it.

Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 11:58 am

PostThu May 07, 2009 1:36 pm » by Frozenpetal


happydayz wrote:I also believe that before we partake in a particular life, we have some choice in which life we incarnate into (depending on what experiences will help our consciousness evolve, or lessons to be learnt) and so some insight into what is going to happen in this lesson is already within our subconscious.

Wow what you said right there, i think it has something to it...
sometimes, i have a feeling that i KNEW my life is going they way it does, like subconsciously i knew 'from the start' (birth) i would live the way i do
its kinda creepy... and the way you just said if i didnt get you wrong, that somehow it was all meant to be the way it does, i dont know what happens before birth its a subject for a lot of theories, and its interesting...and in one side i dont see it so scary but i think in the other side that we shouldnt really mess with it...
by the way, i dont think i ever predicted what will happen but lately i have had lots of de ja vu moments, and its not like a regular one, and it lasts for more time than it used to, not more than 1 or 2 minutes i think but its more real. my theory for it though is that we can "copy" the de ja vu feeling and think we experience it again, it might be possible and maybe it isnt it..
like other people said, maybe in our dreams there is no time? we can feel, smell and see things we cant when were just 'day dreaming', in our dreams everything is more powerful and real, i cant figure out why its much stronger when were in a subconscious situation than it is when we are consciously just day-dreaming.

Writer
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 5:29 am

PostThu May 07, 2009 2:11 pm » by Megavirus


frozenpetal wrote:
happydayz wrote:I also believe that before we partake in a particular life, we have some choice in which life we incarnate into (depending on what experiences will help our consciousness evolve, or lessons to be learnt) and so some insight into what is going to happen in this lesson is already within our subconscious.

Wow what you said right there, i think it has something to it...
sometimes, i have a feeling that i KNEW my life is going they way it does, like subconsciously i knew 'from the start' (birth) i would live the way i do
its kinda creepy... and the way you just said if i didnt get you wrong, that somehow it was all meant to be the way it does, i dont know what happens before birth its a subject for a lot of theories, and its interesting...and in one side i dont see it so scary but i think in the other side that we shouldnt really mess with it...

I don't have that, life is full of suprises to me one year I'm thinking one way and the next another way it never is the same for me.
Lets say your walking across the street and suddenly some stranger just happens to bump into you which slowed you down as you look forward a car just happens to run by you just a inch way from you getting hit to where you could've been retarded, living handicap can make you see the world differently and change your lifeforever. Can you know right there and then that is the way your life is suppose to be? When you know you got lucky only by the help of somebody that you may not ever see agian.
I might just be going off course here so ignore this statement if so.

Writer
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:33 am

PostFri May 08, 2009 12:48 am » by Becca


For as long as i can remember (I am 48 now) I have had dreams of dejavu as well as future dreams. It would take too long to go into everything that i have dreamt, but most of the future dreams are not nice.
However there have been 6 future dreams that have seen the human race endure. The world looks beautiful.
I have always kept a journal of these dreams and if things develop i will share with everyone.

I am sure that there are people in this world who have these types of dreams and are afraid to share, lest thay be classified as nutters.

Always search for the truth yourself.
Peace to all on Disclose :hugging:

Writer
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 5:29 am

PostFri May 08, 2009 1:16 am » by Megavirus


becca wrote:For as long as i can remember (I am 48 now) I have had dreams of dejavu as well as future dreams. It would take too long to go into everything that i have dreamt, but most of the future dreams are not nice.
However there have been 6 future dreams that have seen the human race endure. The world looks beautiful.
I have always kept a journal of these dreams and if things develop i will share with everyone.

I am sure that there are people in this world who have these types of dreams and are afraid to share, lest thay be classified as nutters.

Always search for the truth yourself.
Peace to all on Disclose :hugging:

I know what you mean when you say we get mostly bad future dreams otherwise they may not present themselves.
Can you tell us one of the dreams you've had that came into reality within a small amount of time after the dream occurred that you conceder most interesting to you? I want to be able to relate to my own and there differences, to help me understand more on how it may work or why it works the way it does.


Next

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook