How can an atheist believe in ghosts?

Conspirator

PostThu Sep 27, 2012 9:42 pm » by Kinninigan

:look:

The paranormal has nothing to do with gods.

I believe in ghosts,but i believe their are MANY creator gods also, and i believe other dimensions exist.

But people will catagorize that as "athiest"......

I believe one day we will be able to explain ghosts with science, like them just admitting "dark matter" is real.....

:ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

:peep:
https://www.youtube.com/user/kinninigan
http://www.disclose.tv/user/kinninigan/

Conspirator

PostThu Sep 27, 2012 9:48 pm » by Poooooot

Jet17 wrote:does that mean that there is a biblical god? hardly. does it mean that something is pulling these forces to act certain ways, so that they interact with each other to form life in many instances? yes.

a good example would be gravity. we know it exist, we see it happening, but we do not understand exactly where it comes from or how in the larger aspect it comes into play outside of our understanding. but we know it's there and we know it isn't applied by anything organic.

Well stated. Thank you.

It;s true no one will know until it's revealed to us, either during/after our passing, or with a "second coming," if you believe that. I am just very curious as to how others can explain these things without "God."

By the way, when I say "God," I am not talking about a huge gigantic old man living in the clouds, a la The Simpsons. I do not believe God to be a human, or even a person, per say.
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Conspirator

PostThu Sep 27, 2012 9:49 pm » by Poooooot

Kinninigan wrote:
The paranormal has nothing to do with gods.

I believe in ghosts,but i believe their are MANY creator gods also, and i believe other dimensions exist.

But people will catagorize that as "athiest"......

I believe one day we will be able to explain ghosts with science, like them just admitting "dark matter" is real.....

Very interesting. :look: Thank you for your input!
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Conspirator

PostThu Sep 27, 2012 9:52 pm » by Kinninigan

Poooooot wrote:Very interesting. :look: Thank you for your input!

:cheers:
https://www.youtube.com/user/kinninigan
http://www.disclose.tv/user/kinninigan/

Conspirator

PostThu Sep 27, 2012 10:03 pm » by Poooooot

Jet17 wrote:One only needs to look at the double slit experiment to realize that the act of consciousness is what you would think of as a soul.

I started to look this up and realized I had seen a special about it on TV a few months back, but I am not getting the correlation between the two. :headscratch:
Matthew 7

Conspirator

PostThu Sep 27, 2012 10:22 pm » by Poooooot

Seahawk100 wrote:Poooooot wrote:

By the way, when I say "God," I am not talking about a huge gigantic old man living in the clouds, a la The Simpsons. I do not believe God to be a human, or even a person, per say.

I consider myself agnostic, but I lean toward the same idea as you stated above. Except that it might be a whole race, as well- in terms of our creation. :flop:

Where did he, it, they begin? Not sure. By the accidental collision/cohesion of very special, particular matter existing in "space" - that came from where? :think: :headscratch:

See, the whole "beginning of everything" is tricky for me. Because while I believe in "God," I also believe in science. lol. If you show me hard evidence of something, I will definitely pay attention. We have no true evidence of "the big bang," but I do think scientists are possibly on the right track. But who knows. Definitely not me! But, God is not a person, so to say "well who created God?" is a nonfactor. He just is, he just was, and he always will be.
Matthew 7

Super Moderator

PostThu Sep 27, 2012 10:23 pm » by Vulcanic

ghosts = dead humans and god is whole other ball game. can't even compare the 2

personaly i would think a atheist believes in ghosts more then someone who believes in god.
in the good book it's pretty clear the good go to heaven the bad go to hell, and rest go to pergitory. that leaves no room to for (human ghosts) on earth if there here then someone isn't doing there job!!
visitations were by (angels) and (watchers) wich are not human or a ghost but whatever they choose to be in front of you.

but if ghosts are humans then just think about this.... has 1 ghost out of the uncountable humans that have died since the begining of time ever came back to help? like casper the friendly ghost? went public to tell the secrets of death? far as i seen ghosts they , lie,trick you, scare you, hurt you, control you ect ect ghosts are not happy people lol i don't even think they are human, maybe somthing we just don't know about that has lived amoung us and native to our planet like us, or heck it could be the 200 fallen angels bored as hell just messing with us, they would know everything about you your family wouldn't be hard to pose as dead grandma....

just some food for thought gotta throw all options on the wall and see what sticks :flop:

My YouTube Channel :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPmp_ByJdC5zkBQQmCr7EUw

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostThu Sep 27, 2012 10:49 pm » by Richc

Not sure i can answer your questions poooooot but i can give you my current opinions....

I don't think a ghost has anything to do with a Soul or God.

Im sure if the Soul as a seperate entity to the human body exists, then it cannot be seen by human vision or our technology. It probably isn't of this world we live in so doesn't vibrate in a range we could possibly see.

A ghost could be a recording of a previous event that has been captured in the enviroment around us and certain people in certain circumstances trigger the recording.
What they then see is an electro-magnetic image of an event long gone.

They can't interect with it. Its not really there. I haven't heard of anyone sitting having a conversation with a ghost.?

The Soul could work like Mork in Mork and Mindy.

At the end of the show he used to meditate and communicate with his home world to give his report on his experiance on Earth that day. ( Mork calling Orson, come in Orson... 8-) )

So maybe our Souls are just collecting information and experiances on this Earth and reporting them back to the Oversoul.. The Soul God so to speak..?

The Soul needs a physical body to experiance this World.

Maybe when we go to sleep and dream this is the period of time the report is made.?

The physical body wears out and dies. This is probably supposed to happen so the Soul can move onto its next assignment.

That assignment might be in another body, another time or another World...

Put it this way... The Soul is to the Oversoul what Google is to its knowledge database.. :lol:

RIK
"Theres A Storm Coming!"

Writer

PostFri Sep 28, 2012 12:14 am » by kennydubbs

I believe what we call ghost are actually demons.

Conspirator

PostFri Sep 28, 2012 8:56 am » by Daemonfoe

Poooooot wrote:
Daemonfoe wrote:To really delve into this, one must define exactly what a soul is. Is it a spiritual being that exists in another plane, observing this plane though a vehicle, or is it simply a form of conscious energy that we don't understand. Do souls exist before the body, or does the body create a soul?

Granted, no human on Earth knows for sure, but I feel that the soul is you. It's who you are. Not the body, but the person inside. Souls are energy and are eternal. We are not bodies with a soul, but souls with a body. Know what I mean?

Sure I understand where you're coming from. I'd like to think of myself as a soul driving a body, experiencing through the 5 senses this vessel allows me to use. I'm not so sure that I, as an individual soul, have been just me (this one soul) throughout existence. Spirits or souls in my mind are a form of energy. Like a pocket of gas or a liquid in space, if not in a vessel, flowing freely and mixing with other energy or other souls.

While in this vessel, I am formed as an individual being. Like an individual glass or water. But when the vessel can no longer hold the energy, I mix with other souls. And when babies are born, perhaps this energy is pulled from the mix, and a new mixture of soul energy is contained as long as the vessel is alive. Part of my old soul, part of some other guy's soul, maybe some squirrel.

Since humans live for 60-100 years, it wouldn't be a surprise to me if they were so used to being in a vessel that it took time for the energy to relax and flow back into the mix. Especially when there is trauma or unfinished business.

As far as souls existing without a god or creator entity, and how someone could believe it. I guess you could say the same way they believe that Earth or air, or water, or anything at all exists without a god. Some people simply see souls as another form or energy that exists within this plane along with all other energy and matter.

Of course, this seems to, at least in my mind, lead to the question of, where did everything come from? I can't imagine any reasonable explanation. Quantum physics shows that the mere act of observation causes particles to move and teleport. To me all of existence is like a hall of mirrors, a camera recording it's own feed from a screen as it's displayed in real time, a paradox that only exists because it's impossible for it to not exist. I believe that consciousness exists because it is impossible for it to not exist due to some impossibly hard to understand laws of Quantum Physics.

Even in the afterlife, there must be scientific laws. Things that just are, like 0 and 1.
The two choices we have are something starting from nothing, or something existing infinitely. These are both paradoxes. The existence of everything is therefore a paradox. -daemonfoe

PreviousNext