How can an atheist believe in ghosts?

Initiate

PostSun Sep 30, 2012 1:33 pm » by Macjakedom

My 5 year old son had something strange to say not so long ago. In fact he was 4 at the time. He said to his mum, "when i die i will come back here again mammy". Very strange thing to say as he is only a young pup lol. He has mentioned death a few times but we swiftly move the conversation on as we are afraid to delve to deep into this subject with our young son in case it frightens him. I will carry on listening to him and explain things a little clearer to him when he is older. I do hope there is an afterlife as the thought of nothingness is extremely frightening to me but i suppose if there is nothing we will know nothing of it. This is a favorite subject of mine but there a few and far people you can talk to about this as they think you are nuts lol.

Super Moderator

PostSun Sep 30, 2012 1:52 pm » by Spock

Ditto Mac :flop:

Super Moderator

PostSun Sep 30, 2012 2:05 pm » by Troll2rocks

I am not an atheist, nor a believer in any form of traditional god. I do not believe in ghosts, yet I have had many weird experiences.

I have also stayed in what is considered the most haunted room in England (Twice).

I also streamed it live here on DTV, I have not reviewed the second nights footage even at this time years later.

I did the first nights though.

And there was something odd picked up throughout the night. This video I made showed the best example from that night, there were lots of examples but I only showed the best example in the video below.

Ignore the call that was made, that was a prank call I later found out from. Eh eh.

I have had many people claim the video was fake on YouTube etc. It is not fake however, that was genuinely filmed and I have all the source files of it as proof of zero tampering.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Is it explainable ? Yes, I think there is a natural explanation for it, dust particles most likely.

However it is a weird one.

I will have to review the other nights footage and fully post all stuff from both nights. As I had multiple cams running throughout the night and in multiple rooms I hired out (both rooms that are considered the bad ones).

Also, I may well take DTV back there next month, will have to see, it is that time of year after all.

:cheers:

PS, I slept like a baby in that room.
Censorship debunking & disinformation, it's all in a days work.

Super Moderator

PostSun Sep 30, 2012 2:17 pm » by Spock

Super Moderator

PostSun Sep 30, 2012 3:22 pm » by Troll2rocks

Spock wrote:Image

Ha ha I remember that :flop:
Censorship debunking & disinformation, it's all in a days work.

Conspirator

PostSun Sep 30, 2012 3:43 pm » by Kinninigan

Troll2rocks wrote:

Upload to Disclose.tv

i seen this at your youtube good stuff troll :flop:
It was written in prophecy that a Gelfling would end Skeksis rule...
https://www.youtube.com/user/kinninigan

Writer

PostMon Oct 01, 2012 12:02 am » by Endtimeman

God did say not throw pearl to swine for good reason, it is unreasonable if you are sane and well balance. An atheist by implication defers to one that believes anything is possible, all is random, so why not ghost, which are, but can know safe those who do know it. It is similar to asking have you UFO looking extra-terrestrial?

Conspirator

PostMon Oct 01, 2012 8:29 am » by Iwanci

Yes Spock but when you are under the anesthetic you seem to wake up in milliseconds and discover you have been sleeping for hours... maybe the 'nothingess' speeds up time, ie, we could die and the nothingness may never materialise because it is endless and yet goes by very quickly, but then again, if we never awaken we would never know... quite interesting when you think about the myriad possibilities.

Troll? what was scary in that video? it was gas after the lady went to the toilet, obviously what you captured was a fart or swamp gass as the sceptics would say.... lol

no, seriously though, what was scary? The worm thing that floats past? Looks like a camera glitch to me or you captured some light anomaly perhaps, I can't explain it but it doesnt look scary (if that is the scary bit).. or is it the lady going to the bathroom? Is she alive or a ghost?

:headscratch:
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Previous