How Did Dinosaurs Have Sex?

Super Moderator

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 6:38 pm » by domdabears

Paleontologists spend a surprising amount of time contemplating dino sex. They have all kinds of theories as to how it went down, but unfortunately, there's no actual flesh to, well, flesh out the details.

Birds and reptiles are dinosaurs' closest living relatives, and because they all have a cloaca — a single opening for urination, defecation, and reproduction — most paleontologists believe that dinosaurs did the deed through such an orifice as well.

This may not have required a penis. Some birds reproduce by squirting semen from one cloaca at another in what modern ornithologists call a "cloacal kiss." Their dino ancestors may have engaged in that rather unsexy form of sex kissing too.

On the other hand, males might have had penises, and very prominent ones at that. From zero to enormous, the ratio of penis length to body size varies drastically among dinosaur descendants, making it next to impossible to speculate on the question of their endowment. Some two-foot-tall ducks, for example, have 7-inch penises, while 15-foot-long crocodiles have mere 4-inch members. A 40-foot-long Tyrannosaurus rex, therefore, may have had a 10-inch penis, or a 12-foot-long one.

Furthermore, according to Brian Palmer at Slate, "Paleontologists can only guess about mating positions, duration, and behavior. The majority view seems to be that large males like the Mamenchisaurus — a 60-foot-long behemoth featured in the new exhibition [at the American Museum of Natural History] — probably mounted from behind, like modern giraffes and elephants."
http://www.lifeslittlemysteries.com/how ... -sex-1576/
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 6:49 pm » by Zer0

I never seen a dinosaur`s penis....

I think I like it that way.
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

Writer

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 6:50 pm » by Ontherock

:clapper: Another good 1,,lol
thanks for the link,,will chk that site out,, :mrcool:
Cheers :cheers:

Super Moderator

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 6:54 pm » by domdabears

otoel wrote:I never seen a dinosaur`s penis....

I think I like it that way.

You have dyno penis envy.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 7:22 pm » by Toxic32

Very carefully I would have thought?
I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Initiate

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 7:42 pm » by Septeloid

I lol'd when I first seen the OP's picture.

Whatever about 2 dinosaurs, what about these 2...................... ??!!?
''A man with nothing left becomes fully empowered, and he is the most unassailable weapon.''
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmZ8B8u4CUo

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 10:19 pm » by Evildweeb

I believe the dinosaurs would have had sex pretty much like we do presently.

There's dinner, dancing, movies, a terrible waste of expense and time involved, followed by days and weeks of talking, talking, talking....soon followed by the usual and customary trip to meet the parents....who I would imagine would have either eaten the suitor or signed off on them.

Other opinions?

:shock:
Living south of Kansas and north of Texas pretty much puts me in the middle of fu(king nowhere.

Initiate

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 10:44 pm » by Neversaydie

Remember this day and prepare yourselves for it is a time of great revealing.
For when it arrives, mankind will finally know the truth about everything.

Super Moderator

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 10:47 pm » by domdabears

neversaydie wrote:Image

:lol: :flop:
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Initiate

PostSun Apr 17, 2011 10:54 pm » by 7hidden7agenda7

:mrgreen:
I would suggest that dinosaur sex was just finding a shallowish pool of water, all the dinosaurs get in it. the males fill the pool with sperm, and the females are impregnated via what can only be horrifically described as submergent cloacal queefing.
enjoy your lunch :flop:
Expedite Your Imminent Demise. Or Die Trying!

Next