How do I post an image/photo from my computer without upload

Conspirator
Location: Questioning Building 7,.......... Stop HAARP ..........Stop HydroFracking

PostSat Dec 22, 2012 7:09 pm » by Hurtswhenipee

How do I post an image/photo from my computer without uploading it? Or maybe you can't.

A friend sent me an email with some cool shots I thought would be perfect for "What do you think everyone looks like" but I didn't really want to upload them all. :help:
ImageImage
9/11 was an inside job! Question everything.

Conspirator

PostSat Dec 22, 2012 7:49 pm » by E6722maj

i don't think that's possible. has to be uploaded somewhere first

whatever

Super Moderator

PostSat Dec 22, 2012 8:09 pm » by The57ironman

....heh heh....imagine that... :mrcool:

...google's property... :peep:

domdabears wrote:I wanna punch you!!!!

Conspirator

PostSat Dec 22, 2012 8:17 pm » by Kinninigan

Hurtswhenipee wrote:How do I post an image/photo from my computer without uploading it? Or maybe you can't.

A friend sent me an email with some cool shots I thought would be perfect for "What do you think everyone looks like" but I didn't really want to upload them all. :help:

Get an account at photobucket or website like that

or you can do this (i think)

:look:

Create a hyperlink

A hyperlink is a link to a publication. When the link is clicked, the linked destination opens. The destination is frequently another Web page, but it can also be a picture, an e-mail address, or a program. The hyperlink itself can be text, a picture, or a shape.
In this article

How hyperlinks work and how they are displayed
Create a hyperlink

How hyperlinks work and how they are displayed

When you click a hyperlink, the destination is opened or run, depending on the type of destination. For example, a hyperlink to a page opens that page in a Web browser, and a hyperlink to an AVI file opens the file in a media player.
How hyperlinks are used

You can use hyperlinks to do the following:

Navigate to an existing file or Web page on a network, intranet, or the Internet.
Navigate to a file or Web page that you plan to create in the future.
Send an e-mail message.
Start a file transfer, such as downloading a file from, or uploading a file to, an FTP server.

When you point to text or a picture that contains a hyperlink, the pointer becomes a hand Pointer in the shape of a hand, which indicates that it is a link and you can click it.
What a URL is and how it works

When you create a hyperlink, its destination is encoded as a Uniform Resource Locator (URL), such as http://example.microsoft.com/news.htm or file://ComputerName/SharedFolder/FileName.htm. The following illustration defines the parts of the URL.

Parts of Uniform Resource Locator (URL)
Callout 1 Protocol
Callout 2 Web server or network location
Callout 3 Path
Callout 4 File name
What is the difference between an absolute and a relative hyperlink?

An absolute URL contains a full address, including the protocol, the Web server, the path and the file name.

A relative URL has one or more missing parts. The missing information is taken from the page that contains the URL. For example, if the protocol and Web server are missing, the Web browser uses the protocol and domain — such as .com, .org, .edu — of the current page.

Web pages often use relative URLs that contain only a partial path and file name. If the files are moved to another server, any hyperlinks will continue to work as long as the relative positions of the pages remain unchanged. For example, a hyperlink on Products.htm points to a page named apple.htm in a folder named Food; if both pages are moved to a folder named Food on a different server, the URL in the hyperlink will still be correct.
Using text versus pictures

A textual hyperlink is a word or phrase that has been assigned a destination URL.

A pictorial hyperlink is a picture that has been assigned a destination URL in one of two ways:

The entire picture can be assigned one hyperlink. In this case, the site visitor can click any part of the picture to go to its destination. An example of a picture with a default hyperlink is a button.
Different parts of the picture can be assigned different hyperlinks. A picture that contains more than one hyperlink is called an image map. For example, an image map can be a picture that represents different parts of a Web site (such as the home page, a catalog page, and so on). The site visitor clicks a certain area of the image map to go to the corresponding page.

Image map with different hot spots to go to different destinations
How hyperlinks are displayed

Hyperlinks can be indicated in various ways. Web browsers usually underline textual hyperlinks and display them in different colors. For example, this is how a textual hyperlink can look before you click it.

Unclicked hyperlinks are often, but not always, blue and underlined

This is how a textual hyperlink can look after you click it.

When text hyperlink is clicked, it usually changes color

Hyperlinks on a picture are not always visible, but a site visitor can tell that a picture has a hyperlink by positioning the pointer over it — the pointer changes appearance, usually to a pointing hand Pointer in shape of hand. Position your pointer over the following button.

Mouse pointer changes to indicate hyperlink

To emphasize a hyperlink even more, you can use an animated image.

Animated GIF

Also, a hyperlink usually gives a visual cue about where it leads. For example, the following hyperlink can lead to a Web site's home page: Home Page

Hyperlink to home page

Top of Page Top of Page
Create a hyperlink

In Microsoft Office Publisher 2007, you can create hyperlinks to files, Web pages, e-mail addresses, other pages in a Web publication, and specific locations on Web pages (sometimes called bookmarks) all by using the Insert Hyperlink button on the Standard toolbar.

You can test a hyperlink before you publish your Web site. To follow a hyperlink from your Web publication before you publish it to the Web, hold down CTRL while you click the linked text or picture.
Create a hyperlink to an existing file

Select the text, picture, or shape.
On the Standard toolbar, click Insert Hyperlink Button image.
Under Link to, click Existing File or Web Page.
Do one of the following:
To link to a file from your My Documents folder, click Current Folder, and then select the file that you want.
To link to a file that you were recently working in, click Recent Files, and then select the file that you want.
To link to another file on your computer, click Browse for File , and then find and select the file that you want.

Note The hyperlink works only on the computer that contains the file that you link to.
Create a hyperlink to a new file

Under Link to, click Create New Document.
Type the name of the new file, including the three-letter extension (such as .pub, .doc, or .xls).
Do one of the following:
If you know the full path to the location where you want to create the new file, you can include the full path with the name.
If you don't know the full path, click Change, browse to the location that you want, and then click OK.
Click either Edit the new document later or Edit the new document now.

Note The hyperlink works only on the computer that contains the file that you created.
Create a hyperlink to a Web page

Note If you recently visited the Web page that you want to link to, you can start with step 3. In the Insert Hyperlink dialog box, click Browsed Pages. In the list of Web pages, click the URL that you want.

In your Web browser, browse to the Web page that you want to link to.
Select the URL of the Web page, and then press CTRL+C to copy it.
In Publisher, select the text, the picture, or the shape that will be the hyperlink.
Under Link to, click Existing File or Web Page.
Click in the Address box, and then press CTRL+V to paste the URL.

Create a hyperlink to a specific location on a Web publication page

Add a bookmark to your Web publication.

ShowHow?

In the Insert Hyperlink dialog box, click Bookmark.
In the Select Place in Document dialog box, click the bookmark that you want to link to, and then click OK.

Create a hyperlink to an e-mail address

Select the text or picture.
Under Link to, click E-mail Address.
Do one of the following:
Type the e-mail address that you want in the E-mail address box.
Select an e-mail address from the Recently used e-mail addresses list.
In the Subject box, type the subject of the e-mail message.

Note Some Web browsers and e-mail programs may not recognize the subject line.
Create a hyperlink to another page in your publication

Select the text or picture.
Under Link to, click Place in This Document.
Select the page that you want.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publi ... 03490.aspx

I would just do the photobucket thing.....

:peep:
It was written in prophecy that a Gelfling would end Skeksis rule...
https://www.youtube.com/user/kinninigan

Conspirator
Location: Questioning Building 7,.......... Stop HAARP ..........Stop HydroFracking

PostSat Dec 22, 2012 10:02 pm » by Hurtswhenipee

Thanks Kin my brotha :pray:
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostSat Dec 22, 2012 11:45 pm » by Noentry

Kinninigan wrote:
I would just do the photobucket thing.....

:alien51:
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 27, 2012 8:08 pm » by Hurtswhenipee

I bit the bullitt and uploaded the photo to DTV but now I don't know how to link them when I chose disclosetv it makes it into a video when I use img it does nothing can someone tell me how to?
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 27, 2012 8:45 pm » by Rizze

Use embed code in between these brackets, not the code dtv gives you but the one when you click on the full image.You have to use the url, which starts with http

eg:this link to your photo inside http://d38zt8ehae1tnt.cloudfront.net/co ... 1356632510

Code: Select all
[img][/img]

http://ufomaniacs.blogspot.com/
http://tiny.cc/Rizzesearch
"The greatest things on earth are us,supposedly.
Why don't we act accordingly, with humanity" Rizze

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 27, 2012 10:18 pm » by Hurtswhenipee

Thanks Rizze I finally got it after I read your reply three times :bang;
ImageImage

Initiate

PostTue Feb 05, 2013 1:43 am » by Crunchy

like others have said you have to upload images somewhere first

i use imagevenue.com .... completly free and no sign up needed .... file retention is good too, i have some images that are still there after 2 years.

this site also gives you the code to copy and paste directly into forum posts

for example a clickable thumbnail ..... get around the size limit for forum images on dtv

the first box you see under the thumbnail image (highlighted text) is the code you copy and just paste that directly into your post .... easy.