How Flies avoid being Swatted

Initiate

PostTue Sep 17, 2013 12:28 pm » by Poppa_pygar

Isn't nature wonderful?. I've always known that Flies have multifaceted eyes, and they are hard to swat or catch, "BUT" i never knew this?. Part of our Marshall Arts training was to catch flies without killing them, and let them go, and that was bloody hard.
You sort of had to predict the Flies trajectory through the air, and Voila, fly caught.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/fly-relies-slo ... ml#VlluVU9
If you're talking behind my back, you're in a good position to kiss my ass! Image

Super Moderator

PostTue Sep 17, 2013 12:46 pm » by Slith

That's a very interesting article. I've destroyed many items trying to kill those little b##tards. Fruit flies too. My wife used to make her own wine in the basement. The fruit flies became an epidemic here. You can rarely kill them by swatting because they are so light, the wind produced by the motion actually pushes them away.

We no longer make wine.

Nice post Poppa :flop:

marnysad wrote:How to Pee a Brain Injury Rectification Involve Brain hurt

Conspirator

PostTue Sep 17, 2013 12:58 pm » by RATRODROB

Poppa_pygar wrote:Isn't nature wonderful?. I've always known that Flies have multifaceted eyes, and they are hard to swat or catch, "BUT" i never knew this?. Part of our Marshall Arts training was to catch flies without killing them, and let them go, and that was bloody hard.
You sort of had to predict the Flies trajectory through the air, and Voila, fly caught.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/fly-relies-slo ... ml#VlluVU9

HAHA , that's the most unusual topic heading I think I have ever seen :lol:

but an interesting read, thanx for brightening up my day POPPA. :cheers:

RRR
The more people i meet, the more i like my dog

Initiate

PostTue Sep 17, 2013 1:49 pm » by Poppa_pygar

Thank you Slith & Rob :cheers:
If you're talking behind my back, you're in a good position to kiss my ass! Image

Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook