How handsome are you? Look at your hands

Conspirator

PostSun May 01, 2011 8:11 pm » by Freeyourmindnow

Looks like the word hand­some may be more apt than you think. New re­search sug­gests men whose right ring fin­ger is sig­nif­i­cantly long­er than the in­dex fin­ger are con­sist­ently rated as better-look­ing by fe­ma­les.

The ex­pe­ri­ments, con­ducted at the Un­ivers­ity of Liv­er­pool and Un­ivers­ity of Stir­ling in the U.K., are pub­lished in the April 20 on­line is­sue of the jour­nal Pro­ceed­ings of the Roy­al So­ci­e­ty B.

Past re­search sug­gests the rel­a­tive lengths of these fin­gers are in­flu­enced by lev­els of tes­tos­ter­one to which a fe­tus is ex­posed early in life, sci­en­tists not­ed. This hor­mone ex­po­sure is sur­mised to al­so bear on male fa­cial at­trac­tive­ness.

“Phys­i­cal fea­tures closely linked to foe­tal lev­els of tes­tos­ter­one, such as face shape, are more likely to be cor­re­lat­ed with second-to-fourth dig­it ra­ti­os than traits be­lieved to be di­rectly con­trolled by cir­cu­lat­ing tes­tos­ter­one lat­er in life his­to­ry (voice and body odour),” the au­thors wrote. Con­sist­ent with these ideas, fin­ger length was­n’t found in the new re­search to be as­so­ci­at­ed with at­trac­tive­ness of voice or body odor, al­though pre­vi­ous work has shown that wom­en pre­fer deeper voiced men with a cer­tain some­thing in their nat­u­ral aro­ma.

The re­search builds on ear­li­er work that points to­wards a cor­rela­t­ion be­tween the rel­a­tive lengths of male ring and in­dex fin­gers and var­i­ous tes­tos­ter­one-related char­ac­ter­is­tics that seem to make a man more at­trac­tive to the op­po­site sex.

In the new stud­ies, sci­en­tists ob­tained pic­tures of faces with a neu­tral ex­pres­sion, record­ings of voices pro­nounc­ing vow­els, and odor sam­ples cap­tured on cot­ton pads from 49 men. A to­tal of 84 wom­en were asked to rate the stim­u­li for at­trac­tive­ness.

http://www.world-science.net/othernews/ ... length.htm

Conspirator

PostSun May 01, 2011 8:21 pm » by Roadkill

I am hot.
Science will fly you into the Cosmos

Upload to Disclose.tv

Religion will fly you into Buildings

Conspirator

PostSun May 01, 2011 8:21 pm » by Epicfailure

hmmmmm a finger?

well mine is longer and I am a little narcissistic when it comes to my looks / weight....

maybe there is something to this, but then again there are studies that come out that say:

"chocolate is good for you, NO CHOCOLATE IS BAD FOR YOU, nope it's good again"

same with a glass of wine before bed:

"It's good, no it destroys your liver, no it doesn't it's good for you and makes you relax, no it's bad and causes severe brain cell damage and dehydration."

never end I tell ya!

Super Moderator

PostSun May 01, 2011 8:28 pm » by domdabears

I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostSun May 01, 2011 8:38 pm » by Freeyourmindnow

epicfailure wrote:hmmmmm a finger?

well mine is longer and I am a little narcissistic when it comes to my looks / weight....

maybe there is something to this, but then again there are studies that come out that say:

"chocolate is good for you, NO CHOCOLATE IS BAD FOR YOU, nope it's good again"

same with a glass of wine before bed:

"It's good, no it destroys your liver, no it doesn't it's good for you and makes you relax, no it's bad and causes severe brain cell damage and dehydration."

never end I tell ya!

:lol: good point :flop:

Super Moderator

PostSun May 01, 2011 9:01 pm » by Spock

It's official.

I am a troll.

Super Moderator

PostSun May 01, 2011 9:04 pm » by The57ironman

that's not what the palmreader told me.....

:cheers:

....remember....the authorities are working hard to keep you feeling helpless...

Initiate

PostSun May 01, 2011 9:11 pm » by Captainkarizma

Its the thumb silly, measure the length of your thumb x 3 and then you have the length of the penis.
Ugly is in the wallet lol
:robot: this is the captain speaking :badair:

Conspirator

PostSun May 01, 2011 9:25 pm » by Freeyourmindnow

captainkarizma wrote:Its the thumb silly, measure the length of your thumb x 3 and then you have the length of the penis.
Ugly is in the wallet lol

:alien51:

Conspirator

PostSun May 01, 2011 10:33 pm » by Nakchopoe

I just chopped off my index finger.
You think it will help?
:P

"You watch television to turn your brain off and you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on."
- Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple Computer and Pixar

youtube.com/watch?v=nLsCC0LZxkY

Next