How Mercury Becomes Toxic In The Environment

Master Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 13293
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:27 pm

PostThu Aug 20, 2009 3:59 pm » by Drjones


I thought this was an interesting read and then again i find myself thinking-"and someone thought that is would be a great idea to put this stuff in our mouths as dental fillings"?..

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 150020.htm

This particularly harmful form of the element, known as methylmercury, is a potent toxin for nerve cells. When ingested by organisms, it is not excreted and builds up in tissues or organs. :scary:

"The exposure rate of mercury in the U.S. is quite high," said Heileen Hsu-Kim, Duke assistant professor of civil and environmental engineering and senior member of the research team. "A recent epidemiological survey found that up 8 percent of women had mercury levels higher than national guidelines. Since humans are on top of the food chain, any mercury in our food accumulates in our body." :shock:
Image

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook