How Old Can We Get?

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 1:24 am » by Fatdogmendoza

Some believe that Methuselah's extreme age is the result of an ancient mistranslation that converted "months" to "years", producing a more credible 969 lunar months, or 78½ years, but the same calculation applied to Enoch would have him fathering Methuselah at the age of 5 using numbers from the Masoretic Text. Another commentator suggested that the Genesis 5 numbers "might for convenience have all been multiples of 5 or 10". If the Septuagint numbers are divided by 10, Enoch's 165 when he fathered his son would be 16½ years, and Methuselah's 969 when he died would be 96.9 years.

Another commentator argued that the Septuagint Genesis 5 numbers are in tenths of years, which "will explain how it was that they read 930 years for the age of Adam instead of 93 years, and 969 years for Methuselah instead of 96 years, and 950 years for that of Noah instead of 95 years"... "Surely it is much more rational to conclude that Noah lived 50 years instead of 500 years before he took a wife and begat Shem, Ham, and Japheth." The same commentator's Table III lists the Septuagint total ages with decimal points: 93.0 for Adam, 91.0 for Cainan, 96.9 for Methuselah, 95.0 for Noah, etc. Another commentator provided a similar table of the same Septuagint Genesis 5 numbers with decimal points inserted in the same tenth position.
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Initiate

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 1:29 am » by Ishumble

my aunt's mother is 103. If I win some lifetime weekly money game like lotto or publishers clearing house I hope I live to be 200yrs old and feel like I'm in my late 20's :alien51: :alien51: :alien51:

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 1:53 am » by Evildweeb

I quit counting at 2000 years. I figure after that, the rest is gravy.

:flop:

:cheers:

Those who live on the buffet line shouldn't throw porky pies

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 1:57 am » by Noentry

Enoch appears in Genesis as the seventh of the ten pre-Deluge Patriarchs. Genesis claims that each of the pre-Flood Patriarchs lives for several centuries, has a son, lives more centuries, and then dies. The exception is Enoch, who does not experience death "for God took him." Furthermore, Genesis 5:22-29 states that Enoch lived 365 years which is extremely short in the context of his peers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enoch_%28a ... of_Noah%29

I have the book of Enoch, I just checked and nowhere does it say 969.
In the original book this story comes from, Methuselah age is never mentioned.

It was an add on to the bible to give it a sense on magic.
:flop:
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 2:19 am » by Constabul

The Man From Earth

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 2:29 am » by Noentry

@ Constabul
Did you know the black man at the begining was Wolfs brother from TNG. H also played an older Jake Sysco in DS9. And a few other characters too.

Any way watching it now. :flop:

edit...

And doctor Flux from Enterprise.
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 2:34 am » by Constabul

yupyup

:cheers:

one of favorite movies

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 3:36 am » by Eldorado

Alright this is not to be judged as speculation, PLEASE THINK ABOUT THIS....... :rtft:

1) People always forget that the more they concentrate on "maturing" or "aging", the closer they approach their physical body's limitations.......IE think younger, not older.........The Alpha and the Omega.......Creation and Death (Afterlife) at the same time......Jesus was wise beyond his years.......

2) The old biblical tales, to me, were legitimate in years, as they both recorded their records in years, and also had a system that recognized the solar calendar as being a part of the ages they documented as time. Moons related more towards harvests and floods, etc.

3) The old Biblical figures who lived that long were of an "Ancient Origin", one that believed in Sacred Creation and Creator Worship.......as it is obvious that now we are classified by not only having a form known as Homo Erectus, DNA, Intelligent Design, and a more developed series of senses and awareness than the older figures. Not in the way of insight, or the ability to communicate in spirit, but in a scientific or logical manner.........this science of thought is a miracle of human existence, as is the evolutionary state we can achieve through the use of sacramental plants, plants that have a certain chemical makeup, directly counter the aging effects, as they are actually created through sacred geometry to be able to align to the amino acids, stopping their active nature, while in some manner breaking the bonds that hold together these acids.......

....the best is known as Tetrahydrocannibinol......and the Buddha (or the Mahosadha - Great Medicine Man) was known to be the first to achieve this state of 'Nirvana'.

........I feel there was some sort of decision made by the "higher powers" that made them alter our existence here on this planet..........incorporating a genetic modification we call DNA, a timed release of chemical reactions through the four amino acids that were bound together, and were considered a life support system throughout the growth of the human, from the womb to the age of full growth......sometime around 25-30 years.

People have not realized this, nor been able to realize that we can stop the genetic growth of aging, without having to die............and the realization that the word 'die' means create a mold to make a copy, also doesn't get recognized very often either.

We dont have to age unto our death.......we have to awaken the spirit inside of us that allows us to leave our physical body behind, and get into the realm of the Spirit World, if we expect to survive any longer than the average life expectancy, yet religions are the only keepers of these powers...............and many are rejected due to their own beliefs...........

off to their death march........or life as we know it under the cycles of life, death, and rebirth.........when men refused to accept the truth in spirit, and demanded proof, the god on high left them to wander until their death for he had already shown them the civilization they were born in.......they all rejected these truths and tried to destroy the evidence of our cultures origins on this planet.

........This was because there were many powers that were wiped off the planet from destructive wars, including the many temples that were all desecrated at one time or another..........so we never got the handed down information, nor did we get to experience any of these older ages ourselves........we were a part of a ignorant race that rejected the "TRUTH" and tried to rationalize the logic in where we were, forgetting about all that has been planned for our needs, and creating many "sins" or desires that were self centered and manipulative in some manner as well against the whole.......

......This creation of genetics in this manner for our race was one part punishment, and one part benefit of the whole.......not exactly fair........but clearly a modification of the Old Races as we know it, since the beginning of certain modern ages........yet we still have their "Likenesses" as a reminder of which race we originate from........

I think it is something that we are discovering, but haven't fully clarified or interpreted, as we haven't reasoned all of the influences into our rationale, concerning these differences in documented races........

I am sure there will be some serious repercussions when humans realize they are being pawned by alien races that are responsible for our existence on earth......

LOL..... WHY U MAD HUMAN??? :robot: :alien: :robot:

:mrcool:
“The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin.” Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC)

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 4:05 am » by Seriouscitizen

I was thinking about ze babble and Methuselah/969, when i saw this thread title. Aside from a possible misinterpretation of calanders and such. Maybe there could be a misinterpretation of most optimized conditions which puts our standarts in a whole other perspective.

Even in an archeological sense. I know the most common belief is that our health conditions are most improved since the dark ages and we grow to live longer because of modern medicine. Only i ask myself the measurement of age in archeological finds are done by for example observing the ends of the long bones. The appearance of the epiphyseal (growth) plate, along with wear and arthritic changes in the joints. But if our regeneration process could have been better in the past. Wouldnt a 70 old skeleton look like a today's 30 year old skeleton?

Hence the problems of standarts. We first have to assume that indeed we have improved our health thus the standarts of our current biological body can be used for measurement.

Also the problem lies within time scales and available statistic information. Taken in account for example Graham Hancocks research on lost civilisations. In context our civilisation is still in the 'middle ages' of our neo 'modern' times. Also it means there is a good possibility that we indeed have lost a lot of demographic information since approx 4000 years.

Its a guess really. Perhaps this is our prime. In that case i would aim at around 100 till i apply for a new body.

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 4:57 am » by Constabul

Given a thicker atmosphere, would mean less radiation (solar rays) which would mean less exterior stresses to tax the immune system and cellular turn over processes. We age in large part due to the failing of the natural processes of the body being over taxed by the toxins we absorb and are exposed to.

Dieing early would be more an environmental (predators both micro/macro) factor. Do i think the bibble story is true? Well no more true then the story of noah, which was taken from an earlier source. Could have some element of truth buried in mounds of myth and lore.

In the end it is all speculation.

For example think about, or research progeria syndrome, there could also be some opposite forms of that genetic disorder. Which would mean longevity, so if you do not really buy into my first example, this is one that vary well could be.
And vary much like the movie I posted could lead to individuals, or individual.. to live for centuries, or even millennium... and nothing supernatural about it.

PreviousNext

Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook