How Old Can We Get?

Super Moderator

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 5:07 am » by Slith

Noentry wrote:
Enoch appears in Genesis as the seventh of the ten pre-Deluge Patriarchs. Genesis claims that each of the pre-Flood Patriarchs lives for several centuries, has a son, lives more centuries, and then dies. The exception is Enoch, who does not experience death "for God took him." Furthermore, Genesis 5:22-29 states that Enoch lived 365 years which is extremely short in the context of his peers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enoch_%28a ... of_Noah%29

I have the book of Enoch, I just checked and nowhere does it say 969.
In the original book this story comes from, Methuselah age is never mentioned.

It was an add on to the bible to give it a sense on magic.
:flop:

You mean the bible has been tampered with? F'k, say it ain't so....

:shock:

Beating the shit out of the spammers......one click at a time

Initiate

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 5:16 am » by theclarificator3

Truthdefender wrote:"History tells us that it is the instinct of all tyrants to disarm the slaves.”--Chuck Baldwin

Wow nice quote.
The other day I saw an episode from the Simpsons called Homer Goes to Prep School and considering those episodes are designed few months before I am wondering if everything in this world is orchestrated.
I highly recommend to SEE IT, HERE:
http://www.cucirca.com/2013/01/05/the-s ... ep-school/

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 8:29 pm » by Truthdefender

Noentry wrote:
Enoch appears in Genesis as the seventh of the ten pre-Deluge Patriarchs. Genesis claims that each of the pre-Flood Patriarchs lives for several centuries, has a son, lives more centuries, and then dies. The exception is Enoch, who does not experience death "for God took him." Furthermore, Genesis 5:22-29 states that Enoch lived 365 years which is extremely short in the context of his peers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enoch_%28a ... of_Noah%29

I have the book of Enoch, I just checked and nowhere does it say 969.
In the original book this story comes from, Methuselah age is never mentioned.

It was an add on to the bible to give it a sense on magic.
:flop:

Methusalah's age is given in Genesis, the original book his age is given in. No one knows when the book of Enoch was written so it cannot be considered an original source.
Last edited by Truthdefender on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Christ are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 8:36 pm » by Truthdefender

Constabul wrote:Given a thicker atmosphere, would mean less radiation (solar rays) which would mean less exterior stresses to tax the immune system and cellular turn over processes. We age in large part due to the failing of the natural processes of the body being over taxed by the toxins we absorb and are exposed to.

Dieing early would be more an environmental (predators both micro/macro) factor. Do i think the bibble story is true? Well no more true then the story of noah, which was taken from an earlier source. Could have some element of truth buried in mounds of myth and lore.

In the end it is all speculation.

For example think about, or research progeria syndrome, there could also be some opposite forms of that genetic disorder. Which would mean longevity, so if you do not really buy into my first example, this is one that vary well could be.
And vary much like the movie I posted could lead to individuals, or individual.. to live for centuries, or even millennium... and nothing supernatural about it.

I believe a thicker atmosphere accounts for most of the pre-flood characteristics found in the Bible and in the fossil record. Thicker atmosphere means more oxygen; things grow larger, live longer.

Where did this ideal environment go? It became the snow we see on our polar ice caps.
In Christ are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 10:44 pm » by Constabul

Truthdefender wrote:
Constabul wrote:Given a thicker atmosphere, would mean less radiation (solar rays) which would mean less exterior stresses to tax the immune system and cellular turn over processes. We age in large part due to the failing of the natural processes of the body being over taxed by the toxins we absorb and are exposed to.

Dieing early would be more an environmental (predators both micro/macro) factor. Do i think the bibble story is true? Well no more true then the story of noah, which was taken from an earlier source. Could have some element of truth buried in mounds of myth and lore.

In the end it is all speculation.

For example think about, or research progeria syndrome, there could also be some opposite forms of that genetic disorder. Which would mean longevity, so if you do not really buy into my first example, this is one that vary well could be.
And vary much like the movie I posted could lead to individuals, or individual.. to live for centuries, or even millennium... and nothing supernatural about it.

I believe a thicker atmosphere accounts for most of the pre-flood characteristics found in the Bible and in the fossil record. Thicker atmosphere means more oxygen; things grow larger, live longer.

Where did this ideal environment go? It became the snow we see on our polar ice caps.

:cheers:

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 31, 2013 3:43 am » by Noentry

Constabul wrote:The Man From Earth

Excellent movie.

Thanks for that Constabul. :cheers:
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 31, 2013 3:51 am » by Constabul

yup, really is well done, no cgi, or expansive sets, but one hell of a movie.
You mentioned the guy who played in sttng, the biologist was the doctor in enterprise. Also the psychiatrist guest stared in voyager.

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 31, 2013 4:02 am » by Noentry

Constabul wrote:yup, really is well done, no cgi, or expansive sets, but one hell of a movie.
You mentioned the guy who played in sttng, the biologist was the doctor in enterprise. Also the psychiatrist guest stared in voyager.

Yeah I thought there would be more then the two I noticed.

It is a very well written and acted film.
Imagine if you was 14000 years old. What would you of seen?
I liked the angle from which they came at the subject .

Putting a 14000 year old man into a room of scientist friends. And him trying to explain his story in a hope that man has evolved to a point when he could be honest without fear of reprisal.

The part about Jesus, I bet is more truthful then the bible.
Excellent approach and well worth watching.
:cheers:
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 31, 2013 7:20 am » by Iwanci

You're only as old as the woman you feel... no?

Fortes fortuna iuvat

Previous

Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook