Conspirator

PostTue Dec 10, 2013 4:52 am » by Harbin

Antiwar.com

Initiate

PostMon Dec 16, 2013 3:57 am » by Ishumble

Initiate

PostMon Dec 16, 2013 4:27 am » by Middleman

Very helpful, thanks for sharing.

I'd also recommend peer block for your PC. Even when you're not browsing and don't have p2p software actively running, it's amazing how many random government/military institutions, universities and corporations from all over the world are trying to get a peek at what you're doing. For example, why does the Kuwaiti Ministry of Oil give a shit about me in Australia? No idea, but apparently they do.

Super Moderator

PostMon Dec 16, 2013 10:58 am » by ZetaRediculous

Thanks for that Harbin.... As it is only possible to see you wiFi IP address with an iPhone, I have logged out of DTV with my PC, turned off wifi on the iPhone and am making this post to get the IP address that my phone is connecting to the net with... It was either that or pay for an app that I would only use the once.... :flop:
“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.”
― Terry Pratchett

Super Moderator

PostMon Dec 16, 2013 11:07 am » by ZetaRediculous

So, just logged back in to abuse my mod powers to check my iphone IP. seems I must not be a person of interest as it is routed through my phone contract provider... phew!!!

A quick note to add, if any iphone users want to find out their phone IP without paying for a app such as istat2, write a request in this thread with their iphone (not on Wifi) and I will PM you back with the IP given...
“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.”
― Terry Pratchett