How will the world end?

Conspirator

PostTue May 29, 2012 2:13 am » by Flecktarn

1. ASTEROIDS

A massive asteroid is the prime suspect for the extinction event that wiped out the dinosaurs. In March 2010, a Science review of the past 20 years of research pointed to a rock 10 to 15 km wide that smashed into Chicxulub in Mexico with the equivalent firepower of over a trillion tonnes of TNT.

An asteroid called 4179 Toutatis may be our age's Chicxulub. Measuring approximately 4.5 x 2.4 km, it has an unpredictable orbit that has brought it within 29 lunar distances of Earth. "An asteroid of this size will result in earthquakes of a magnitude that I doubt would leave any city around the world intact," says Andrew Glikson, palaeoclimate scientist at the Australian National University in Canberra.

2. SUPERVOLCANOES

While the image of supervolcanoes throwing up massive chunks of rock that end up crashing down on our cities might be an impressive one, it probably does not describe how a supervolcano extinction event would actually play out.

It's more likely to occur over millions of years, with the supervolcano pouring out gas and flooding the land with lava. The eruption that created the Siberian Traps, a large volcanic province in Russia's east, is closely associated with the Permian-Triassic extinction event 251 million years ago. This saw the death of an estimated 90% of marine species and the expulsion of around three million cubic kilometres of lava.

3. PLAGUE

Whether as a result of deliberate bioengineering or natural mutations, an invisible, unstoppable viral infection running rampant through the human population is a chilling thought. Modern medicine has allowed us to keep a handle on most outbreaks, but there is one notable exception.

HIV/AIDS is considered a modern pandemic, having killed 25 million people since it was first recognised in 1981. History shows the potential for rapid disaster by disease - the triplet of plagues caused by the bacteria Yersinia pestis led to the 'Black Death' that killed millions as it swept through Europe in the mid-1300s.

4. GAMMA-RAY BURST

The night sky: beautiful, mysterious, vast... and dangerous. The universe harbours its fair share of life-threatening events. A gamma-ray burst caused by a massive star collapse emits high-energy radiation that is able to penetrate deeply into the human body, breaking down DNA molecules and causing radiation sickness and greatly increasing the risk of cancer.

If such an event occurred in our Galaxy and Earth was in the line of fire, our stratosphere would be depleted of a huge amount of ozone within 30 seconds, delivering massive doses of radiation to people living on the exposed side of the planet.

5. CLIMATE CHANGE

Past climate change, both colder and warmer, has been a strong driver on evolution - and extinction. The measured warming of the atmosphere is 0.8 degrees Celsius over the last 100 years. "But in the polar region it is almost 4 degrees Celsius, because the poles warm faster due to the ice melts and the feedback effect," Glikson says.

Based on current and future emissions, it is thought the average global temperature will jump by 1.1 to 6.4 degrees Celsius by 2100, with increased ocean acidification, sea level rise and changing climate patterns. "This will be many more orders of magnitude more likely to cause damage than what is a low-probability asteroid impact," Glikson says.

6. OVERPOPULATION

Not every threat of extinction comes from unstoppable external events. The Earth's population has grown to an estimated seven billion as of October 2011 and many scientists predict that if it continues to grow, our ability to feed the world population will fail drastically. A combination of overfishing of the oceans, loss of fresh water sources, deforestation, an increase in dryland salinity and climate change could spell disaster for a burgeoning population.

7. THE SUN

While our Sun's light and heat is responsible for life on Earth, it will also eventually extinguish it. In about five billion years, the Sun will develop into a red giant star, expanding in size by up to 250 times its current radius as its fuel, hydrogen, runs out.

Earth is thought to be on the cusp of the destruction zone, where gravitational interaction with the Sun's surface will result in the planet's fiery demise. Even before this, the Sun will continue to become brighter and hotter, leading to a surface temperature that would boil off all the water on Earth in one billion years.
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostTue May 29, 2012 2:15 am » by Zer0

This topic has been done to Death... but anyways my two cents:

Return of The Gods:

The Superior Race who created us comes out of the Center of the Earth and fucks shit up. They may or may not create another slave race.
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

Conspirator

PostTue May 29, 2012 2:24 am » by Flecktarn

NASA scientists have reportedly confirmed that the planet Nibiru will collide with Earth in July of this year.

The Nibiru collision with Earth in 2012 has been predicted for a long time, but astrophysicists, cosmologists and astronomers around the world have now come to a consensus that Earth will indeed collide with the planet, which lies just outside Pluto.

Nibiru, in Babylonian Astronomy translates to “Planet of Crossing” or “Point of Transition”, especially of rivers, i.e. river crossings or ferry-boats, a term of the highest point of the ecliptic, i.e. the point of summer solstice, and its associated constellation. The establishment of the Nibiru point is described in tablet 5 of the Enuma Elish. Its cuneiform sign was often a cross, or various winged disc. The Sumerian culture was located in the fertile lands between the Euphrates and Tigris rivers, at the southern part of today’s Iraq.

As the highest point in the paths of the planets, Nibiru was considered the seat of the summus deus who pastures the stars like sheep, in Babylon identified with Marduk. This interpretation of Marduk as the ruler of the cosmos was identified as an early monotheist tendency in Babylonian religion by Alfred Jeremias.

Natural disasters are accelerating exponentially and astronomers believe that they are being caused by Nibiru coming closer and closer to Earth.

Beings from Nibiru are considered closer to human beings than any other beings in our galaxy. Many extraterrestrial experts believe that the gray beings from Nibiru have been on Earth many times before and have combined their DNA with humans to create a more evolved life form.The original prediction that Nibiru would collide with earth came from an unlikely source. A Wisconsin woman Nancy Lieder said that as a young girl she was contacted by extraterrestrials called Zetas who had set up a communication device in her brain and sent out messages to her and they had told her about the Nibiru collision.

Though she had predicted the year of doom as 2003, however it has been linked with the year 2012 after the interpretations with Sumerian and Mayan calendars. According to the interpretation recorded by astronaut writer Zecharia Sitchin, it is said that a planet that crosses Earth once in 3600 years and is an opportunity for the Annunaki (the inhabitants of Nibiru) to interact with the humans.

NASA is publicly denying anything about collision (and even deny the existence of Nibiru), but privately several sources in NASA have confirmed the projected collision date of July 21, 2012.The world has seen many such claims of doom come and go. But many believe that with The Nibiru collision fits in well with the Mayan prophecy – the apocalypse in 2012
lots of weird stuff going on now :think: :headscratch: and what with the orb type structure by the sun ,its worth bringing it up for new members
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostTue May 29, 2012 2:27 am » by Flecktarn

The Sun

The Maya evidently thought quite a bit about the Sun and they watched it trace out a path along the ecliptic. They followed it year round, presumably following its path along the horizon as well. At Chichen Itza, during sunset a sun serpent rises up the side of the stairway of the pyramid called El Castillo on the day of Spring and Autumn Equinox. It tells us that the Maya noted, not only the extremes of the Sun at the Solstices, but also the Equinoxes when the Sun appeared to rise due East or due West. In addition to the Zenial Passages mentioned earlier, ecliptic observations must have been a major portion of Maya solar observing.
ImageImage

Master Conspirator

PostTue May 29, 2012 2:32 am » by Cornbread714

Human stupidity should do the trick.

We don't need any outside help.
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Conspirator

PostTue May 29, 2012 2:35 am » by Zer0

Cornbread714 wrote:Human stupidity should do the trick.

We don't need any outside help.

Maybe you will!! Lord Ra-El is summoning the Armies of Heaven as we speak, Im getting the fuck out of here! And there is all sorts of ships of all sizes and colors! While you will be stuck here sucking your own dick!
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

Master Conspirator

PostTue May 29, 2012 2:51 am » by Cornbread714

Otoel wrote: While you will be stuck here sucking your own dick!

There are worse fates.
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Super Moderator

PostTue May 29, 2012 3:58 am » by The57ironman

Cornbread714 wrote:Human stupidity should do the trick.

......gets my vote...... :mrcool:

...you know it's autumn in New England
....when you have to run your air conditioning and heat...
in the same day..

Conspirator

PostTue May 29, 2012 4:53 am » by Newearthman

Our society will unite and overcome the systems that the Dark Forces make us live by and create a heaven on Earth, eventually spreading out into the Universe.

Conspirator

PostTue May 29, 2012 5:04 am » by Zer0

Newearthman wrote:Our society will unite and overcome the systems that the Dark Forces make us live by and create a heaven on Earth, eventually spreading out into the Universe.

Err that does not sound like doom and gloom... forum troll much?

Next