How Your Brain Can Turn Anxiety into Calmness

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 02, 2013 3:00 am » by Zer0

I used to get a "dagger in chest" pain when I used to be anxious. I did not understand why, initially visualizing me literally removing the dagger until the pain was gone.. helped temporarily.

However, I came upon a Reiki Master, she explained to me that one of my Chakras was overflown, what she meant by that is that our body is like a dresser, each Chakra being a drawer, and our test or past experiences being clothes.

So sometimes we put too many clothes into a drawer and it doesn't close properly, even though our mind perceives it to be, and this is where the pain comes from.

So lets say my solar plexus was hurting because of abandonment, it means that to fix that pain I had to learn to love myself instead of relieving the experience of being abandoned over and over, the clothes needed to be refolded....

Not saying it is easy!

However, her reiki healing sure did help! :mrgreen:

:banana: :dancing: :banana:

Anyway that is just one perspective.

NAMASTE
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

Writer

PostFri Aug 02, 2013 3:39 am » by SterlingRose

Toxic32 wrote:I spent an hour replying to your post..Then what fuck all. Gone and never said. So I will distil down to an smell of what I tried to say. Darwin. You can make it or fail, nature doesn't give a fuck. Your choice you take control and guided your life. You live to reproduce. Great. You die....So what. Just it down a peg or two. We are programmed to spread our genes. Which means we will shag as many women as we can. so we can spread our genes. But when we find out that our genes have been successful we have a problem. Nature is so clever. All of a sudden we fall in love. Fuck another trick. We have to hang around for about five years. Then all bets are off. Girls if you want to understand why I said that....If I tell you I will be hung by my balls. PM me and I will explain.

well, one of the reasons I posted this is that this man is known 4 promoting alternative "therapies" like bio-feedback & acupuncture. I think both f these r wonderful! bio-feedback allows someone 2 learn 2 self-calm which really isn't "taught" psychiatry promotes drugs which really don't as it affects & changes one's natural body chemistry. the truth of the matter is that there is only a small percent of the population that has anxiety that is ONLY due 2 a physical "problem" however, that being said- stress can ultimately kill u. i'm glad that this thread was finally replied to as last time I had checked there were 65 views & no replies so I had thought 2 delete it...I think we rely 2 much these days on quick fixes & instant responses - just one of many reasons that "big pharma" is doing so well! I am sorry I didn't reply 2 anyone b4 now- I was out & about today & nowhere near a computer! :flowers:

Writer

PostFri Aug 02, 2013 3:42 am » by SterlingRose

99socks wrote:I got 1 hour, 1 minute in, and I can't take it anymore. In an entire hour, this man hasn't said a single thing that isn't conventional wisdom or what we all already know about.

@Toxic: I am with you on the acceptance thing. Just accepting whatever outcome happens- Being- without obsessing over trying to have control over what I don't have control over, has kept me miraculously calm in just about everything I've ever faced, but it is surprising just how many people don't "get it." The last time this came up, I was in a Systema class when we were doing knife work. There were all kinds of exercises everyone had to do first in order to get comfortable with sparring with real knives with 6" blades. The instructor at one point asked me why I was so much more chill about it than everyone else, and I had to admit that in spite of all the techniques used in Systema, I had simply realized that I would come out either unscathed or scraped up a little. Being afraid of getting scratched during sparring was no comparison to getting stabbed if I didn't attack; and that I had decided that it was ok to get scratched. Therefore, I had no fear of 4 blades coming at me at once. Once everyone else had digested the logic in this, no one else hesitated in anything, either.

At any rate, Spock and maybe the OP- if you are suffering from anxiety issues and this isn't the kind of stuff that works for you, I may recommend reading "Waking the Tiger" by Peter Levine and "Healing Developmental Trauma" by Heller and LaPierre. I think this Doc in this video has a piece of the puzzle but in spite of his endorsement of acupuncture, I think he has completely missed the role of the anatomical nervous system.

thanx 4 the book suggestion- I will havta add it 2 my library! (& yes I do have that many books!) :lol:

Writer

PostFri Aug 02, 2013 3:47 am » by SterlingRose

Spock wrote:What hasn't been considered in this thread, and which I truly believe the case is many times - particularly mine, is that anxiety is a physical problem, not psychological. Meaning, that there is some gland that gets over-activated and excretes adrenaline into the system, not because of any fear or anticipation, but because of body chemistry. From that, the panic attacks can take place, but the panic is caused by the anxiety which is caused by an over activated gland.

So, when it comes to anxiety, it's not something that a psychologist necessarily can help with, because no amount of talking, rationalizing or cognitive therapy is going to stop the excretion of a protein which kicks everything into overdrive.

Other than that - good stuff, and sound advice that can help many people. Thanks for the post.

the mind can affect the body & the body can affect the mind; sometimes itz most difficult without testing to discover the origin 2 this sort of problem & it can become a cycle. I like the alternative therapy approach as i'm not into drugs 2 correct all problems. even if the cause of anxiety is d/t a physical problem- we can still learn 2 control our response 2 stress so that it can become almost second nature! :flop:

Writer

PostFri Aug 02, 2013 3:51 am » by SterlingRose

Master Otoel wrote:I used to get a "dagger in chest" pain when I used to be anxious. I did not understand why, initially visualizing me literally removing the dagger until the pain was gone.. helped temporarily.

However, I came upon a Reiki Master, she explained to me that one of my Chakras was overflown, what she meant by that is that our body is like a dresser, each Chakra being a drawer, and our test or past experiences being clothes.

So sometimes we put too many clothes into a drawer and it doesn't close properly, even though our mind perceives it to be, and this is where the pain comes from.

So lets say my solar plexus was hurting because of abandonment, it means that to fix that pain I had to learn to love myself instead of relieving the experience of being abandoned over and over, the clothes needed to be refolded....

Not saying it is easy!

However, her reiki healing sure did help! :mrgreen:

:banana: :dancing: :banana:

Anyway that is just one perspective.

NAMASTE

thatz AWESUM! therez more 2 what we r or what we can become than we kno! we can learn to adapt,control & master more thingz than we realize! :D :hugging:

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 02, 2013 5:21 am » by 99socks

SterlingRose wrote:
the mind can affect the body & the body can affect the mind; sometimes itz most difficult without testing to discover the origin 2 this sort of problem & it can become a cycle.

This is PRECISELY why I recommended those two books; you have to treat it both top-down and bottom up! :cheers:
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/obamas-doj-silent-as-new-black-panthers-leader-incites-violence-in-ferguson_082014

I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 02, 2013 3:28 pm » by Zer0

SterlingRose wrote:thatz AWESUM! therez more 2 what we r or what we can become than we kno! we can learn to adapt,control & master more thingz than we realize! :D :hugging:

More than we can realize? What if we imagine it? :flop:
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

Previous