Fat sick and nearly dead

Conspirator

PostThu Mar 01, 2012 1:24 pm » by Aragajag

http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/

full video ____ http://www.veoh.com/watch/v21050945RKQGBRNY

This was aired a few weeks ago on Aust tv and being about 8kg overweight plus wanting to get my health going better I decided to give it a go. After 2 weeks of only mixed vege juice, about 5 varieties and always one purple type, a citrus or 3, with one decent main meal at night I have about 3 more kg to go.
The benefits are significantly reduced pain in my back that I had damaged in '96 and heaps of energy with a clearer mind.
Heres a big cheers to Dr Jones who has been crusading this ever since he started posting here.
'Gee, I wish we had one of them Doomsday Machines, Stainsey..' General "Buck" Turgidson

Conspirator

PostThu Mar 01, 2012 1:36 pm » by Electrobadgr

Sounds great, will give this a watch later, glad your feeling the benefit man :flop:
"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly. time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Conspirator

PostThu Mar 01, 2012 1:50 pm » by Svaha

Power to you :flop:
Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell

Conspirator

PostThu Mar 01, 2012 2:01 pm » by Aragajag

Cheers, I edited the post to put the full vid in.
'Gee, I wish we had one of them Doomsday Machines, Stainsey..' General "Buck" Turgidson

Initiate

PostThu Mar 01, 2012 2:53 pm » by Minihaha

My personal hint for helping to lose some weight (I'm not a Dr., but this did seem to work for me) is rub and massage the area where you want to lose weight, don't be afraid to touch it. (if it's your belly, massage your belly every night as you go to bed) Also massage your ear lobes and ears. Blood flow helps. Also don't wear binding clothes as you are binding off your lymphatic drainage. Also bounce (not hard) bouncing feels good, in my mind bouncing strengthens your muscles and bones. And try not to feel like you have to do it, look forward you giving yourself the extra attention. What ever you do, don't push yourself to the point of pain. And while stretching listen to music and use the space around you and make circles with your hips hands and feet (not all at the same time) (Also squat down a little, and jut out your chin and look up you will feel it even through your nose and sinuses)

Initiate

PostThu Mar 01, 2012 5:50 pm » by Ishumble

bought a juicer soon as I could after watching it. excellent film :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

Writer

PostThu Mar 01, 2012 6:05 pm » by Jimbobdaz

saw this a few months ago... great doc :)

Super Moderator

PostFri Jan 04, 2013 11:44 am » by Spock

BUMP...

I had to watch this again for motivation to get back on the juice after this holiday season of gluttony.

I gained 5 pounds over the holidays (as I'm sure most of it is water retention). But I learned through having an MRI that I have spinal compression and two bulges in my neck, along with bone spurs inside the spinal column, and degenerative arthritis on the left side of my neck and shoulder - which, as you would imagine, keeps me in a shitload of pain down my left side.

My left arm, especially my elbow are in a constant state of pain, during the day, my left ass and leg are sore, and at night when I am trying to relax, my left leg drives me completely ape shit nuts; having to twitch and flex for some unknown reason.

So the doctor put me on prednisone, which is a steroid, to build muscle I guess, but warned me that it would also build fat, so that medication mixed with the holiday goodies has not been beneficial to my health plan.

So I have stopped taking the medication. The doctor has told me to stop lifting weights and I now have an appointment with the neurosurgeon - which I am in great dilemma over. To get cut or not to get cut, that is the question.

With my recent gallbladder episode, and now this, I have been taking so much Lortab I am starting to worry about addiction. My doctor has me on (2) Lortab 10 a day, sometimes I take them both at the same time, which makes me nauseated, but give me a wonderful high, regardless, I don't want to become dependent on them physically, so I am looking for alternative pain therapy which would not include back surgery at this phase of my life - as I have read many stories of the first back surgery becoming a domino effect of ailments, and most people hooked on opiate pain killers are that way because of back pain. So, believe it or not, I have been investigating the possibility of herb as a relaxant.

Thoughts?

Initiate

PostFri Jan 04, 2013 12:22 pm » by Middleman

Spock wrote:the doctor put me on prednisone, which is a steroid, to build muscle I guess,

I have long experience and interest with this drug, which has saved my life from asthma on literally dozens of occasions.

Prednisone is a catabolic rather than an anabolic steroid, so it actually breaks down muscle mass instead of building it up. He probably put you on it for it's significant anti inflammatory actions.

There is something of a controversy within the medical community about the use of corticosteroids for certain sports type injuries (like ligaments). Some of the data suggests that they work well in the short term, but actually weaken the original injury over time, especially if you keep taking it.

Back in the 50s and 60s when this stuff was first commercially available, it was regarded as a "miracle drug" and handed out indiscriminately, leading many people who took it for the longer term to end up with severe side effects.

I find that it also makes me as hungry as a black hole.

Conspirator

PostFri Jan 04, 2013 1:15 pm » by Perronick

I don't know what's with the food in the US. When I lived there I gained 15kg in 1 year and I was hungry all day. Then, back home, I didn't have to do any diet, just eat "normal" food and the extraweight was gone in less than 6 months.

Next