Bitcoin is alive and well.

Super Moderator

PostFri Aug 03, 2012 12:16 am » by -Marduk-

Aragajag wrote:Nope not the high of the year already hit $11usd per Btc since last post. I maybe seen as an arsehole but the info is for everyone to take advantage of if you have the means and the balls. I am 20k up now, come on a hundred a coin.
The banks etc will be fucked when this catches on.

Aragajaaaaaaaaaag,

where u at mang?

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 03, 2012 12:19 am » by Aragajag

Still in my box mate but lifes been looking much better the last few months, may even get over to Germany next year and say hi.
'Gee, I wish we had one of them Doomsday Machines, Stainsey..' General "Buck" Turgidson

Super Moderator

PostFri Aug 03, 2012 12:23 am » by -Marduk-

Aragajag wrote:Still in my box mate but lifes been looking much better the last few months, may even get over to Germany next year and say hi.

Fucking awesome...gimme a call then. :flop:

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 16, 2012 2:22 am » by Aragajag

Now $13.25. Somehow I think the way the price is going its the start of a much bigger acceptance, last years woeful drop was because of panic and hacks of services now there is more maturity in the system and better infrastructure to support it.
'Gee, I wish we had one of them Doomsday Machines, Stainsey..' General "Buck" Turgidson

Master Conspirator

PostThu Aug 16, 2012 2:39 am » by Cornbread714

Aragajag wrote:Now $13.25. Somehow I think the way the price is going its the start of a much bigger acceptance, last years woeful drop was because of panic and hacks of services now there is more maturity in the system and better infrastructure to support it.

Fuck, it's not only great to hear from you, but fantastic to hear that you have been right all along about Bitcoin (so far :alien51:)

I am duly impressed, I hope you get filthy rich and move into a diamond-studded box. :cheers:
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 16, 2012 2:42 am » by Hackjames

Where/how would you recommend someone purchase a bitcoin or two? Does it matter?
This is your world. You're the creator.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 16, 2012 2:50 am » by Noentry

Sounds like a global currency to me.

Seeing as they don't go through banks.

I like it
:flop:
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 16, 2012 3:05 am » by Aragajag

Hi Corn, so far I can buy a one bedroom retirement home if I cashed out today but I am in for the long haul.

Hackjames, I recommend using Mtgox they are the biggest most liquid exchange and I have used them without ever a problem, although on the bitcoin forums there are some complaints about long withdraw times to fiat. The USA probably has the most and easiest ways of buying in and cashing out, where you can go to a 7/11 etc and make a deposit.
There is also person to person services where you can meet folks from your area to buy or sell, I had a look but cant remember the name of the site where you can hookup. Seriously though do a lot of reading up first as there is a lot of conmen out there in the Btc world at the moment and look at security as well far more than you would usually.
https://bitcointalk.org/ has pretty much all the info you need but take care in who you trust with your money, there is lots of b/s on the site like any forum.
I really dont want to offer suggestions where it means your risking cash other than read read read and then read some more before spending. Remember this could be the last high price ever but I very much doubt that.

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 16, 2012 3:12 am » by Kinninigan

currency is debt..the only difference is who you owe it to
It was written in prophecy that a Gelfling would end Skeksis rule...
https://www.youtube.com/user/kinninigan

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 16, 2012 3:15 am » by Hackjames

I think I might take some time with it, as money is limited at the moment and I'd want to make it somewhat of an investment. Good to hear about your success in the meantime though, also encouraging. I'll likely badger you for more advice again in the future.

@kinninigan
Your perspective is limited. Stop limiting your perspective, there's no need for it.
This is your world. You're the creator.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

PreviousNext