Bitcoin is alive and well.

Super Moderator

PostThu Aug 16, 2012 2:28 pm » by TheDuck

Hey Jag.

Basically I think Bitcoin will be here for a good while yet and if it falls, it will rise again, its only a matter of time.
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Conspirator

PostMon Aug 20, 2012 8:36 am » by Iwanci

My two bits worth...

If it can 'deflate', it means it can inflate. This rise and fall is NO different to our current system.

If there is a maximum ceiling on bitcoin currency, this will have 2 likely effects. It will either be 'fadical' (my word don't bother looking it up), ie, it will come and go, or it will make people either want to put money in or take money out... Yet again, fluctuations in the currency are NO different to the current system.

When I think bitcoin, I think pyramid... sorry... but give it some time and many a folk are gonna get buined (yet another word I just made up), basically theyu will get burned or ruined... hence buined.

The ones who join a bitcoin system first will likely get in a la cheap, the currency will appreciate (much to the delight of the early settlers), they will thn likely pull out, leaving a whole heap of bunnies stuck in the headlights..... yet again No different to the current system.

So my conclusion... No different so why bother making some new wanna be rich guy a rich guy?
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Super Moderator

PostMon Aug 20, 2012 12:28 pm » by TheDuck

A maximum cealing just means each coin will have more value. I think 21 million is the maximum but I could be wrong, it may not be here forever but it will be here for a few years yet imo.

What do you mean when you say "The ones who join a bitcoin system".

There is no joining, if you need to buy something with BTC then just exchange whatever you need like you would if you were going abroad.

If you're talking about people playing the market like you would with stocks, well that is a gamble and is their own fault if they get buined (yeah I used it lol) its not inherently BTC's fault. It is just a cryptocurrency and it is what you make it.

I use it as a means to an end, I like that fact that if used right it can be quite untracable.

:flop:

Conspirator

PostFri Nov 16, 2012 2:12 pm » by Aragajag

This is huge news and backing for the economy. The reward halves from 50 coins a block to 25 in the next few weeks, that will be interesting to see how the price fluctuates with how viral the good news is spreading.

http://en.blog.wordpress.com/2012/11/15 ... y-bitcoin/

Pay Another Way: Bitcoin

At WordPress.com, our mission is making publishing democratic — accessible and easy for anyone, anywhere. And while anyone can start a free blog here, not everyone can access upgrades (like going ad-free or enabling custom design) because of limits on traditional payment networks.

Today, that changes: you can now buy WordPress.com upgrades with bitcoins.

PayPal alone blocks access from over 60 countries, and many credit card companies have similar restrictions. Some are blocked for political reasons, some because of higher fraud rates, and some for other financial reasons. Whatever the reason, we don’t think an individual blogger from Haiti, Ethiopia, or Kenya should have diminished access to the blogosphere because of payment issues they can’t control. Our goal is to enable people, not block them.

Bitcoin is a digital currency that enables instant payments over the internet. Unlike credit cards and PayPal, Bitcoin has no central authority and no way to lock entire countries out of the network. Merchants who accept Bitcoin payments can do business with anyone.

If you’re already using Bitcoin you’ll find this payment method even easier than paying by credit card. Our store’s checkout area has a Bitcoin section that shows the amount due in BTC and the address of a wallet created just for your transaction. As soon as we receive notification of the transaction, your purchase is complete. It typically processes in a few seconds, less time than it takes to fill in a credit card form.

If you’re new to Bitcoin you’ll need to get your hands on some bitcoins (BTC) first, which is currently the hardest part of using Bitcoin. Learn more on getting started with BTC at We Use Coins, and check out the answers to some common questions at the end of this post.

With Bitcoin we join a new digital economy that doesn’t leave anyone behind, essentially making financial transactions open source — something WordPress.com is behind 100%. We’re proud to support bloggers from all over the world by providing a Bitcoin option.

Common Questions

How does Bitcoin work? How do I get started? Where can I get BTC?

We won’t cover these details here. Good documentation already exists at We Use Coins along with links to places where you can get BTC.

How do you handle BTC? Are you participating in the bitcoin network? Mining?

We aren’t mining or handling BTC at all, actually. Our payment processing partner for Bitcoin is BitPay.com. They track the exchange rates, generate the quotes and the wallets, receive your BTC and finally send us USD.

How many times is the transaction confirmed before I get my upgrade?

Zero! We could wait for the first confirmation (typically 5-10 minutes) but we prefer to make the customer experience as smooth as possible. Making you wait for confirmations would virtually eliminate our risk but we’re confident that with digital products like ours the risk is already acceptably low.

Sometimes Bitcoin isn’t an option in your store. What gives?

Affected products include domains and themes when not purchased in bundles, and any purchases made while you have credits already on account. We’re sorry! There are some technical complications. We decided to go now with what we have because, as we said at the beginning, this launch is about enabling people. Bitcoin should be accepted for all purchases within two or three months.

What about refunds?

Bitcoin is famous for its irreversible transactions but we will still honor our refund policy. If a refund is granted on a purchase made with BTC we will work with BitPay to issue a refund in BTC.

Email Newsletter
Missing out on the latest WordPress.com developments? Enter your email below to receive future announcements direct to your inbox. An email confirmation will be sent before you will start receiving notifications - please check your spam folder if you don't receive this.
Join 10,296,781 other followers
'Gee, I wish we had one of them Doomsday Machines, Stainsey..' General "Buck" Turgidson

Super Moderator

PostFri Nov 16, 2012 3:50 pm » by TheDuck

Will be keeping an eye on the btc price then Jag.

Conspirator

PostFri Nov 16, 2012 4:14 pm » by Aragajag

Its already jumped 60 cents since the news, interesting times ahead now one big sheep has jumped in. I am trying to find a list of companies that are customers already of them and it is damn huge. If your sitting on the sidelines and can buy even a few at the moment, I reckon in a few years they will be worth mega loads.
'Gee, I wish we had one of them Doomsday Machines, Stainsey..' General "Buck" Turgidson

Super Moderator

PostFri Nov 16, 2012 4:33 pm » by TheDuck

Aragajag wrote:Its already jumped 60 cents since the news, interesting times ahead now one big sheep has jumped in. I am trying to find a list of companies that are customers already of them and it is damn huge. If your sitting on the sidelines and can buy even a few at the moment, I reckon in a few years they will be worth mega loads.

Yeah I really wish I had the capital...

Conspirator

PostFri Nov 16, 2012 4:43 pm » by Malogg

Greedy fecking wee slaves ahahaha money of any kind is enslavement . Period .

:wink:

Conspirator

PostFri Nov 30, 2012 1:39 pm » by Aragajag

Malogg wrote:Greedy fecking wee slaves ahahaha money of any kind is enslavement . Period .

:wink:

If I get rewarded for being an early uptaker of this technology that is without morals and totaly driven by market forces, maybe I might be in a better position to make others lives a bit better.

BTW the block reward has halved without indecent and the transactions are flowing as they ever were.
Its funny after two years of me being committed to my financial backing to how the media are turning around on it now starting to take things a bit more serious that it has not failed.

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 14, 2012 9:39 am » by Aragajag

Well wiki seems to think that it is not worth putting up on their page but I can tell you I can sell my BTC for far more value than any other currency at the moment, the pic was taken from another site where someone decided truth is better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highest-va ... rency_unit

Right now I can get approx $13.75 USD or equivalent to any other money per BTC. Not bad hey, doubled my investment now and the future is only looking better with all the new services and business coming on board but not here at DTV lol, shit even the site has not had a look at using it for donations. Bit of backwards thinking for all the the forward looking people here. I know I am not the smartest tool in the shed but I thought a few here would be all over this ground breaking humanity freeing tech.

You can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink even if the water is sweet enough.

PreviousNext