Hubble captures images of Apollo 17 landing site

Conspirator

PostSun Aug 07, 2011 7:33 pm » by Frutty

Apolllo 16 Landing Site: On the rim of a crater

Source: LROC’s First Look at the Apollo Landing Sites

http://www.lroc.asu.edu/news/index.php?/archives/76-LROCs-First-Look-at-the-Apollo-Landing-Sites.html

:roll:
ImageImageImageImage
Deception in life is nothing but a lie reduced to practice

Writer

PostSun Aug 07, 2011 7:37 pm » by Douglassmith28

more impressed with boondoks profile pic. that show cracks me up.

Conspirator

PostSun Aug 07, 2011 7:40 pm » by Frutty

douglassmith28 wrote:more impressed with boondoks profile pic. that show cracks me up.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Film on the Moon suffers a strange yet unexplained pixelation phenomenon.

:ghost:
ImageImageImageImage

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 12, 2011 2:11 am » by Frutty

iamcare wrote:Image

Thats the one that gets me, aristarchus, wtf is that thing.

Kinda shows why they wouldn't want images of the moon this close up getting out

I think you will cherish this image. Aristarchus from the right perspective. Professional astronomers are taking images of the Moon in true color (well that's not exactly true, because they have to capture the color separately) Enjoy! :sunny:

Image Credit: Tom Williamson
ImageImageImageImage

Super Moderator

PostFri Aug 12, 2011 2:18 am » by -Marduk-

frutty wrote:ImageI think you will cherish this image. Aristarchus from the right perspective...

Itz blue...?

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 12, 2011 2:20 am » by Frutty

Just As Tycho crater my friend! lol!

Do you ever see color when looking at the Moon? Few observers do, but sometimes, some parts of the surface seem to take on a delicate hue. I once observed a decidedly greenish-mustard coloration for the Aristarchus Plateau. And a similar color shows well on this remarkably colorful mosaic that Tom Williamson of Albuquerque acquired September 17, 2003. Tom used a Philips ToUcam Pro webcam with his homebuilt 203-mm f/7 newtonian and a Televue 2x barlow, giving about f/25.
ImageImageImageImage

Super Moderator

PostFri Aug 12, 2011 2:43 am » by -Marduk-

frutty wrote:Few observers do...

What do you mean...who are the observers u referring to? Hopefully that does NOT include Mr. Jose"RODS"Escamilla´and any of his works.
frutty wrote:Do you ever see color when looking at the Moon?

No, I did not.

But I would like to hear Bosb33rs oppinion about colored areas on the moon.

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 12, 2011 3:02 am » by Frutty

marduk2012 wrote:

What do you mean...who are the observers u referring to? Hopefully that does NOT include Mr. Jose"RODS"Escamilla´and any of his works.

No, I did not.

Transition by frutty :nope:

April 19th, 2005. Orion Star Max MAK 127 mm Aperture / F.L. 1510 PGR 640×480 Color 16 bit Flea Camera 30 fps, 13 movies aligned, stacked, sharpened, log stretched & image processed in Astro IIDC 3.01.00. 13 images blended and compositted in “MyCompositor” , reduced to 75% and annotated in AppleWorks. Images Credit Milton Aupperle

Milton writes, Here are two side by side images of the 10.6 day old moon. The images were processed in exactly the same way (stacking, alignment, pre-frame sharpening and log stretch), except that the color image has been treated with a color saturation tool in Astro IIDC to enhance the very subtle moon colors. If you look closely at the left image you can make out the slightly reddish tinges of the mare south of Plato and the slightly bluish tinges of the mare Tranquillitatis, but the color tool makes this more obvious. The enhanced color image gives me some new targets for higher resolution / longer focal length imaging, such as the orange yellowish patch east of Alphonsus near crater Lassell, and the darker blue area south of Posidonius near crater Littrow (incidentally the area where the last Apollo mission allegedly landed Note by frutty). Chuck Wood back. I am taken by the triangle of blue on the east side of Mare Fecunditatis. I had never noticed it before but now that I know to look, can see it in the Galileo multi-spectral image. But the details are clearer in Milton’s image. This color image also emphasizes that the highlands are not all the same color. The highland area from Crisium to the North Pole seems oranger than the southern highlands, even taking into account the blueing due to Tycho’s rays. And again, the Galileo image confirms this difference. Perhaps the non-mare terrain in the northern hemisphere is dominated by Imbrium ejecta, which may be more orange-hued than the purer highlands of the south.

Chuck Wood
ImageImageImageImage

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 12, 2011 8:57 am » by Smokeydog

marduk2012 wrote:

No, I did not.

u just turn the colour saturation to the max

this was taken from my house by me no editing just colour saturation on full when i recorded

Upload to Disclose.tv

http://www.youtube.com/user/smokeydogsmokey

When people are sat on something you want you make them an enemy

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 12, 2011 2:14 pm » by Frutty

smokeydog wrote:
marduk2012 wrote:

No, I did not.

u just turn the colour saturation to the max

this was taken from my house by me no editing just colour saturation on full when i recorded

Upload to Disclose.tv

Also, we should point out that the colors are filtered by the atmosphere, and the ostensible brightness of the moon (although officially the moon has a reflectivity – or albedo of 0.12 according to NASA or 0.07 according to the American Concrete Pavement Association, in the vicinity of asphalt!!!! :alien51: )

Smokey has captured the Mare Serenitatis were allegedly Apollo 11 landed in his video. As everybody can corroborate, it’s blue in color. Common sense would dictate, that if you were standing on the Mare Serenitatis itself, free from any interference by our atmosphere, the landscape around would be predominantly blue, in contrast with the black and white surface pics and footage of the Apollo’s. The same could be said about Taurus Littrow Valley as can be seen in the image of our moon attributed to the hubble telescope, which is the main topic of this thread, and which also is rich in blue tonalities, most of all where Apollo 17 itself landed, according to the legend, pointed out by the crosshair in the official pic below.

It’s not fortuitous that the first telescope-equipped astronomers thought that these were seas, because of the blue color they saw, which is implicit in the word “Maria”: Mare Tranquillitatis, Mare Imbrium. Although Mare Serenitatis appears to be more reddish than anything else.

Another unexplainable fact is that we continue to be fed with black and white photographs of the moon by alleged probes orbiting it, although several official pictures are colored, most notably the photographs of the Moon by the Clementine Probe in the 1990’s.

:nope:
ImageImageImageImage

PreviousNext