Humans are Not Meat Eaters our bodies Prove it

Initiate

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 12:07 am » by Alexrubic

Doogle wrote:Sorry Pooooooot, but meat eaters are just as likely to need supplements as non meat eaters, and in any case, said supplements are available in food state products although they are manufactured in that sense.
In fact, most meat eaters are likely to be deficient in more things than a vegan with a well structured diet.

The fact that we ALL need to supplement is partly down to intensive farming methods. For instance, Cobalamin- B12, used be obtained from microbial growth around the roots of plant based foods, but pesticides etc has done away with that.

That's just about wrong on every count! Still, let's not let facts stand in the way of a nice, warm and fuzzy fantasy!

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 12:19 am » by Doogle

Alexrubic wrote:
Doogle wrote:Sorry Pooooooot, but meat eaters are just as likely to need supplements as non meat eaters, and in any case, said supplements are available in food state products although they are manufactured in that sense.
In fact, most meat eaters are likely to be deficient in more things than a vegan with a well structured diet.

The fact that we ALL need to supplement is partly down to intensive farming methods. For instance, Cobalamin- B12, used be obtained from microbial growth around the roots of plant based foods, but pesticides etc has done away with that.

That's just about wrong on every count! Still, let's not let facts stand in the way of a nice, warm and fuzzy fantasy!

And how is it wrong? Still, let's not make a statement, wrong or right, without a patronising little quip at the end(!)

What I said is open for debate, and it all depends on the reliability of the information, but I haven't lied or made it up.

The mainstream view is a warm, fuzzy one. But then again, mainstream nutritional advice is the tops. Patronising quip, almost.

Initiate

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 12:47 am » by Synkronizer

Humans are neither carnivores nor herbivores. We are Omnivores!

We don't have carnivore teeth because we weren't designed to catch prey with our mouth.

We don't have claws because we learned to kill prey with tools. If we didn't have tools, I believe natural selection would have made sure we would have had claws by now. The best would have survived.

The fact that our eyes aren't on the side of our heads means that humans never needed to be worried about being hunted upon while grazing 3/4 of the day. Animals with eyes on the side are PREY, a food group. The large panorama is more important than the ability to focus.

Humans are opportunistic, scavenging, plant AND meat eating omnivores who learned to hunt and do agriculture. Without meat, we wouldn't have evolved the way we did. But if it is your choice to be vegetarian, please do. It will be better for the environment too.

Me personally, I like my meats as well as my veggies and I don't feel that a meal isn't a meal without meat. I'm an omnivore.
"The adult public's taste is not necessarily ready to accept the logical solutions to their requirements if the solution
implies too vast a departure from what they have been conditioned into accepting as the norm." - Raymond Loewy

Super Moderator

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 12:55 am » by domdabears

Yes, we are omnivores.

Look at the teeth on this guy. You would think he would be just a meat eater with teeth and claws like this.
But his diet is 85% plants.

Writer

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 1:14 am » by masteruniverse

my wifes loves eating my meat and before you say it and everyones elses fuk u said it first.

Master Conspirator

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 1:17 am » by Cornbread714

Our human bodies prove that humans can eat damn near anything.
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 1:23 am » by Harbin

If humans are not meat eaters, then why did God give us bacon ? :think:

Antiwar.com

Initiate

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 1:28 am » by fatbastard2.0

The Human Spieces is carnivorous and herbivoreous. Debate Over. Merry Xmas.
I am not now, nor have I ever been an oil trader, and neither has anyone on my behalf. I have never seen a barrel of oil, owned one, bought one, sold one, and neither has anyone on my behalf.

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 1:39 am » by Doogle

masteruniverse wrote:my wifes loves eating my meat and before you say it and everyones elses fuk u said it first.

Deary me MU.
Anyway, I could say my girlf also eats the meat, and she's a vegetarian. But i won't.

DOH!

Master Conspirator

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 1:42 am » by Cornbread714

Doogle wrote:
masteruniverse wrote:my wifes loves eating my meat and before you say it and everyones elses fuk u said it first.

Deary me MU.
Anyway, I could say my girlf also eats the meat, and she's a vegetarian. But i won't.

DOH!

Gotta get that protein from SOMEWHERE, lol.
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

PreviousNext