hunter s thompson , a prophet?

Conspirator

PostWed Jun 29, 2011 2:12 pm » by Icarus1

"The towers are gone now, reduced to bloody rubble, along with all hopes for Peace in Our Time, in the U.S. or any other country. Make no mistake about it: we are At War now - with somebody- and we will stay At War with that strange and mysterious Enemy for the rest of our lives.

"It will be a Religious War, a sort of Christian Jihad,fueled by religious hatred and led by merciless fanatics on both sides. It will be a guerrilla warfare on a global scale, with no front lines and no identifiable enemy. Osama bin Laden will be a primitive "figurehead"- or even dead, for all we know- but whoever put those all-American jet planes loaded with all-American fuel into the 110-story-high Twin Towers and the Pentagon did it with chilling precision and accuracy. The second one was a dead-on bull's-eye. Straight into the middle of the skyscraper....

"...We are going to punish somebody for this attack but just who or where will be blown to smithereens for it is hard to say. Maybe Afghanistan, maybe Pakistan or Iraq, or possible all three at once. Who knows? Not even the Generals in what remains of the Pentagon or the New York papers calling for war seem to know who did it or where to look for them.

"This is going to be a very expensive war, and Victory is not guaranteed-for anyone, and certainly not for a baffled little creep like George W. Bush. All he knows is that his father started a war a long time ago, and that he, the goofy child-President, has been chosen by Fate and the global Oil Industry to finish it off."
“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

Super Moderator

PostWed Jun 29, 2011 2:17 pm » by Slith

A prophet? Hardly. Any boy and his dog could have predicted this

Canubis wrote:
i consume more hard liquor a night then all dtv together...

yet i am so god dam smart....and own this shit in my world..

Conspirator

PostWed Jun 29, 2011 2:20 pm » by Zer0

State where you got these quotes from, or get out.
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

Initiate

PostWed Jun 29, 2011 2:24 pm » by Flipper

Master Conspirator

PostWed Jun 29, 2011 2:27 pm » by Lowsix

Hunter S. Thompson was a liar and a coward.

Upload to Disclose.tv

You can see it all over him in this clip.
Probably the most telling thing he ever
participated in his life.

This Biker nailed it and you can see the cowardice
just dripping from him as he's held to account
of breaking his word over a simple case of beer.
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Conspirator

PostWed Jun 29, 2011 2:31 pm » by Zer0

Most prophets are cowards... they find enjoyment in spewing phrophecies about doom and gloom... how come we never get prophets that are all like "Tomorrow will surely be sunny, all wars will end, people will drop the monetary system for a system of equal sharing and love"...but nah its more fun to be like "The world is going to end mang"
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

Conspirator

PostWed Jun 29, 2011 4:08 pm » by E6722maj

otoel wrote: how come we never get prophets that are all like "Tomorrow will surely be sunny, all wars will end, people will drop the monetary system for a system of equal sharing and love"

because that would be hopeless idealism, not prophecy

whatever

Conspirator

PostWed Jun 29, 2011 6:04 pm » by Truthdefender

otoel wrote:Most prophets are cowards... they find enjoyment in spewing phrophecies about doom and gloom... how come we never get prophets that are all like "Tomorrow will surely be sunny, all wars will end, people will drop the monetary system for a system of equal sharing and love"...but nah its more fun to be like "The world is going to end mang"

Because then they would just be liars. Enough of those around don't you think?

Upload to Disclose.tv

In Christ are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge

Conspirator

PostWed Jun 29, 2011 6:17 pm » by Zer0

truthdefender wrote:
otoel wrote:Most prophets are cowards... they find enjoyment in spewing phrophecies about doom and gloom... how come we never get prophets that are all like "Tomorrow will surely be sunny, all wars will end, people will drop the monetary system for a system of equal sharing and love"...but nah its more fun to be like "The world is going to end mang"

Because then they would just be liars. Enough of those around don't you think?

Are you calling Jesus a liar? Watch your words son.

Initiate

PostWed Jun 29, 2011 7:01 pm » by Thedude69

lowsix wrote:Hunter S. Thompson was a liar and a coward.

Upload to Disclose.tv

You can see it all over him in this clip.
Probably the most telling thing he ever
participated in his life.

This Biker nailed it and you can see the cowardice
just dripping from him as he's held to account
of breaking his word over a simple case of beer.

I think some Hunter S. Thompson reading hipster stole Low5'4'' girlfriend back in the 50's and he is still sore about it.

Next