Hurricane Irene "Unique in Nature" "GET OUT OF NY"

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 27, 2011 12:50 am » by Helios

Oh and yes. Please keep safe. Bless you all. Ill be praying for the U.S tonight. When it comes to natural disasters you guys get the SHIT.
Let me take the waves out of the ocean
Let me take the stars down from the sky
Let me take the faith from your foundation
Let me take the wrong to make it right
Let me take away the dark like I’ve been here all night
Ending before I begin

Initiate

PostSat Aug 27, 2011 12:53 am » by Gonzo63

I lived in Baltimore when Floyd hit the East Coast in 1999. I lost power for a week, but no real damage to the city. I'm in DC now, but I don't expect Irene to be any worse. I will say, an earthquake and a hurricane in one week! What are the odds? :think:

Initiate

PostSat Aug 27, 2011 1:38 am » by Eisleo

gonzo63 wrote:I lived in Baltimore when Floyd hit the East Coast in 1999. I lost power for a week, but no real damage to the city. I'm in DC now, but I don't expect Irene to be any worse. I will say, an earthquake and a hurricane in one week! What are the odds? :think:

Indeed, maybe something else will happen!
"Kinder, die Zeit ist reif..."

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 27, 2011 1:48 am » by SUKHOV

Is the fact that it is supposedly the size of Europe make it "unique in nature" or is there something else?
The True Sons of Liberty are alive and well.
Мое сердце, мой спаситель, да будет свет.

Super Moderator

PostSat Aug 27, 2011 1:51 am » by Troll2rocks

travvysavvy wrote:Is the fact that it is supposedly the size of Europe make it "unique in nature" or is there something else?

I heard reports of it being a record breaker in both size and wind speeds, but it has lost a little strength since. But yeah it is the size of Europe :nails:

Its geographical path is very unique.
Censorship debunking & disinformation, it's all in a days work.

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 27, 2011 1:57 am » by Zer0

Elenin

BTW I live about 6 hours from there... I hope the Hurricane reaches here and kill us all.

lahlaos wrote:Oh and yes. Please keep safe. Bless you all. Ill be praying for the U.S tonight. When it comes to natural disasters you guys get the SHIT.

You think your funny? Keep making jokes, youll get yours too BUDDY,AMIGO,FRIEND DUMBASS!!!.
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

Initiate

PostSat Aug 27, 2011 2:00 am » by Hybridtheory

horse crap this thing is nothin come monday you ny'ers will see, just not used to em' from the sounds of it..ive been threw every hurricane that hit fl since 1981 and countless tornado's(worse than a cane when it comes to destruction)
so unless this thing is cat 4 or 5 your fear mongering all day long..i dont even bust the tape out for the windows if its a cat 2..nothin to see here..just a seasonal cane like every single year for the folks down in the dirty south..
enjoy it..party..cane party! woooo..
its right beside me now btw..not a drop , no wind not nill..
just hot 97-102 and 100% humidity as always..

Initiate

PostSat Aug 27, 2011 2:02 am » by Hybridtheory

troll2rocks wrote:
travvysavvy wrote:Is the fact that it is supposedly the size of Europe make it "unique in nature" or is there something else?

I heard reports of it being a record breaker in both size and wind speeds, but it has lost a little strength since. But yeah it is the size of Europe :nails:

this is a dwarf compaired to andrew or katrina bro..striaght up..hows a cat 1 cat 2 any kind of record breaker? maybe for new york but not anywere else

Master Conspirator

PostSat Aug 27, 2011 2:05 am » by Cornbread714

troll2rocks wrote:

Category 2 ain't no record-breaker in wind speeds, I can assure you, and every hurricane path is unique. It's one reason they are dangerous.

I think there is a little bit of undue media-generated panic over this, but all hurricanes are potentially deadly.

It is a little funny, though, having lived on the Gulf Coast much of my life, watching the over-reaction.

When I was a kid, we grabbed our surfboards and headed to the beach when we heard there were hurricanes in the Gulf. It meant that maybe the waves might not be as crappy as usual...

However, all the beachhouses we used to stay in at Crystal Beach and the surrounding area are now gone from Hurricane Ike (and I don't even want to talk about Katrina, which wiped out much of my spiritual home, New Orleans - but that had more to do with shoddy levee design than the storm itself). They are unpredictable as fuck, so it's better to err on the side of caution.
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Super Moderator

PostSat Aug 27, 2011 2:05 am » by Spock

rydher wrote:Now I know how the west coast people felt when the east cost freaked about about a 5.9 earthquake. A CAT 2 hurricane wouldn't do anything around here but make the liquor sales go up for a hurricane party. I do understand though, the areas projected to be hit aren't built with hurricanes in mind.

That's what I was thinking. A Cat 2 really ain't shit. But Katryna had died down to a Cat 3 when it brought an 11 foot surge to LA and that turned out to be the costliest in history, from the surge alone. A Cat 2 should start weakening quickly once it hits land in North Carolina any time now.

Just have to wait and see, it could turn out to be catastrophic if the eye stays in the warm water or much ado about nothing if it immediately moves inland.

If the eye stays in the water all the way up the coast, it would be like jets hitting the side of your car in a car wash - multiplied by some big fucking number.

PreviousNext