Hurricane Irene "Unique in Nature" "GET OUT OF NY"

Super Moderator

PostFri Aug 26, 2011 11:23 pm » by Troll2rocks

The news is in, its officially going to be a federal emergency, subways shut, Madatory evacuation of Manhattan's major low laying regions.

Hurricane Irene is the size of Europe

22 hrs ago

North Carolina due to be hit early tomorrow lunch time, New York Sunday.

Be safe everyone if you live in New York and in the direct path of Irene stay indoors, or get out.

This is going to be bad.

I hate fear mongering, but from what is being reported this hurricane cant be played down.

This much media coverage is an indication of scale, and the official stance from the US govenment is very strong.

It is going to be bad indeed.

Stay safe people.
Censorship debunking & disinformation, it's all in a days work.

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 26, 2011 11:34 pm » by Rydher

Now I know how the west coast people felt when the east cost freaked about about a 5.9 earthquake. A CAT 2 hurricane wouldn't do anything around here but make the liquor sales go up for a hurricane party. I do understand though, the areas projected to be hit aren't built with hurricanes in mind.

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 26, 2011 11:36 pm » by Will69ease

The media is over doing it to the point of ridiculous. I think the new "storm of the century", will fade fast and be a non event in New York. The problem is, when the real shit hits the fan,
people will be less likely to follow advisories because of the overblown drama that didn't happen. You heard it here folks, watch this fucker disappear.

Writer

PostFri Aug 26, 2011 11:42 pm » by Ihasabucket

will69ease wrote:The media is over doing it to the point of ridiculous. I think the new "storm of the century", will fade fast and be a non event in New York. The problem is, when the real shit hits the fan,
people will be less likely to follow advisories because of the overblown drama that didn't happen. You heard it here folks, watch this fucker disappear.

im leaning more towards this as well. true that the projected impacted areas aren't as well prepared as others further south and in the gulf region, but i think it will be like the boy who cried wolf in the long run.
Who the hell is this Schrödinger guy, and what's up with his dead cat?

Initiate

PostFri Aug 26, 2011 11:44 pm » by Atomant77

Hurricane Irene is the size of Europe

http://www.sat24.com/world.aspx

Looks more like the size of Spain to me... pretty normal.
Every moment is a place you've never been

Master Conspirator

PostFri Aug 26, 2011 11:46 pm » by Cornbread714

Yeah, overblown media hype, but it could cause some problems.

Rhyder, you a Gulf Coast boy?
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Initiate

PostFri Aug 26, 2011 11:49 pm » by Lifexp

I expect some flooding and nothing else

Super Moderator

PostSat Aug 27, 2011 12:29 am » by The57ironman

will69ease wrote:The media is over doing it to the point of ridiculous. I think the new "storm of the century", will fade fast and be a non event in New York. The problem is, when the real shit hits the fan,

yup
Canubis wrote:when u die i will be famous..our time then wil dule...EPIC it

Super Moderator

PostSat Aug 27, 2011 12:34 am » by The57ironman

lifexp wrote:I expect some flooding and nothing else

the worst part is when the ground gets soaked .........then the high winds create havoc with heavy saturated trees....thus taking out power lines...thats what i would expect :rtft:

:cheers: and good luck y'all....pick up yer stuff that can be blown around .....and stash a little propane stove for tea in the morning....it's all good :hugging:
Canubis wrote:when u die i will be famous..our time then wil dule...EPIC it

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 27, 2011 12:41 am » by Helios

NEW YORK – City officials ordered nearly 300,000 residents to leave waterfront neighborhoods and announced the impending shutdown of the city's vast transit system, two unprecedented precautionary steps forced by the threatened fury of Hurricane Irene.

"You only have to look at the weather maps to understand just how big this storm is, and how unique it is. And it's heading basically directly for us," Mayor Michael Bloomberg said at a news briefing Friday afternoon. "This is very serious. Do not be fooled by the sun outside. You just can't wait until gale force winds and driving winds begin."
Irene will likely be a Category 1 hurricane when it reaches the city but it will bring high winds and 8 to 12 inches of rain, Bloomberg said.
Let me take the waves out of the ocean
Let me take the stars down from the sky
Let me take the faith from your foundation
Let me take the wrong to make it right
Let me take away the dark like I’ve been here all night
Ending before I begin

Next