I Cloud and cloud computing

Initiate

PostSun Jun 12, 2011 1:59 am » by Keniwaki

It seems to me that they (apple/google and others) are trying to take away our privacy. This cloud computing will give them access to too much power. After watching what happened to Sony and others....no system is 100% safe from skilled hackers.
It's good to know that I am not the only one feeling uneasy about this.
[b]FUCK GOLDMAN SUCKS and VATICAN[/b]

Conspirator

PostSun Jun 12, 2011 2:19 am » by Aragajag

They will funnel net users to proprietary systems one way or another, I always thought it would be along the lines of xbox or playstation portals to surf net content. A cloud system would give them better ability to censor or close down access to various areas of the net that is easy to access through stand alone PC's. So it will be the end of net usage for me even at blazing speeds it could offer SFA that I would want to look at eventually.
'Gee, I wish we had one of them Doomsday Machines, Stainsey..' General "Buck" Turgidson

Conspirator

PostSun Jun 12, 2011 2:26 am » by Zer0

Well according to Quantum they will somehow connect all of the microchips that will be mandatory for every human being to have in the future to this "cloud", this is a grave mistake as the self-conscious virus known as Artificial Intelligence Data Anomaly (AIDA) or the virtual equivalent of the Devil, is able to infect the consciousness of all of the people trough their microchips....

Scary stuff indeed.
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

Conspirator

PostSun Jun 12, 2011 2:40 am » by Ghost32

Cloud computing is very interesting indeed. I dont use Apple but they are gonna provide the I-cloud service for FREE! And if you want to pay them $25 a year they will make all your old not-so legal mp3's legit.

Apple says you can upload your old mp3s maybe that came from limewire,napster or other file-sharing programs and that the I-cloud service through I-tunes will compare the data and upgrade your mp3s to 256kbps quality and make them legal.

If your someone with a few gigs of mp3's then that will be $25 well spent. (it will not just be for Apple either, since I-tunes is PC Compatible)

I think the best part of cloud computing has to do with back-up. What if your computer crashes and you loose all of your mp3's ect... Unless you have them burned or in some type of flash drive or mp3 player then your screwed, but you could upload all your mp3s to the cloud and it doesnt matter if your system crashes or not, your files are there to retrieve whenever and as it gets more popular you wont even have to download you will be streaming them.

It has been said that we are in a transition from optical drives to solid state and in the next 2 to 3 years the majority of data will remain in the cloud. Future gaming consoles will not even have dvd drives they will retrieve most of the data through broadband connections.

The cloud has great potential, and many companies already have their own clouds, such as Microsoft, Amazon, and many others.

I think the most popular cloud service is Netflix, they moved alot of there data to amazons cloud about a year ago.

Upload to Disclose.tv

:ghost: 32

Conspirator

PostSun Jun 12, 2011 2:51 am » by Zer0

ghost32 wrote:Cloud computing is very interesting indeed. I dont use Apple but they are gonna provide the I-cloud service for FREE! And if you want to pay them $25 a year they will make all your old not-so legal mp3's legit.

Apple says you can upload your old mp3s maybe that came from limewire,napster or other file-sharing programs and that the I-cloud service through I-tunes will compare the data and upgrade your mp3s to 256kbps quality and make them legal.

If your someone with a few gigs of mp3's then that will be $25 well spent. (it will not just be for Apple either, since I-tunes is PC Compatible)

I think the best part of cloud computing has to do with back-up. What if your computer crashes and you loose all of your mp3's ect... Unless you have them burned or in some type of flash drive or mp3 player then your screwed, but you could upload all your mp3s to the cloud and it doesnt matter if your system crashes or not, your files are there to retrieve whenever and as it gets more popular you wont even have to download you will be streaming them.

It has been said that we are in a transition from optical drives to solid state and in the next 2 to 3 years the majority of data will remain in the cloud. Future gaming consoles will not even have dvd drives they will retrieve most of the data through broadband connections.

The cloud has great potential, and many companies already have their own clouds, such as Microsoft, Amazon, and many others.

So are they gonna have a p0rn version of it? I got like a two terrabytes of hardcore lolicon incest rape hentai, it would suck if I lost em.
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

Initiate

PostSun Jun 12, 2011 9:57 am » by Theoracle

keniwaki wrote:It seems to me that they (apple/google and others) are trying to take away our privacy. This cloud computing will give them access to too much power. After watching what happened to Sony and others....no system is 100% safe from skilled hackers.

I agree 100% nicely put keniwaki

peace and love theoracle
Peace and love theoracle

Initiate

PostSun Jun 12, 2011 11:02 am » by Keniwaki

theoracle wrote:
keniwaki wrote:It seems to me that they (apple/google and others) are trying to take away our privacy. This cloud computing will give them access to too much power. After watching what happened to Sony and others....no system is 100% safe from skilled hackers.

I agree 100% nicely put keniwaki

peace and love theoracle

Thanks theoracle.
If they succeed, it will reduce number of pirate software. And it would be the only good thing resulting from this. But some techicaly savy people would utilize this service. I love keeping my files under my control.
:cheers:
[b]FUCK GOLDMAN SUCKS and VATICAN[/b]

Super Moderator

PostSun Jun 12, 2011 11:35 am » by Spock

ghost32 wrote:

Upload to Disclose.tv

:ghost: 32

Thanks for this vid Ghost. Excellent. Even more excited about The Cloud now!

I just purchased, yesterday, a maxed out 27" iMac (16 gig ram - 256 SSHD / 2TB) should be here in a couple of weeks packed with OS Lion. I'm as giddy as a school girl! :love:

Initiate

PostSun Jun 12, 2011 11:44 am » by Masterhunter

I have a cloud drive myself, it was free when I bought my computer. I would never put anything personal on there. Not my tax info, or even a picture of myself. The main place I keep my personal pictures and information is a eternal hard drive that I plug in every 3-4 months to transfer very important info. All I have on my cloud drive is pirated software(games for pc and xbox,mac and windows operating systems, movies that are in theaters, music that is not out yet). Pirated software is great for people who do not have a job or cannot go out and buy a $130 operating system, or $200 microsoft office disc.
Jesus Hates Dinosaurs.

Super Moderator

PostSun Jun 12, 2011 11:48 am » by Spock

That's the way you do it MasterHunter. But I would set up a program to back up daily, every 3-4 months may as well be a century. I had to learn the hard way - twice.

Eternal Hard Drive? Got to get me one of those! :mrgreen:

PreviousNext