I Cloud and cloud computing

Initiate

PostSat Jun 11, 2011 2:51 pm » by Keniwaki

I personaly am afreid of these technology/ system. You let them keep all your photo and files up in their system/cloud. How can they gurantee that it's safe??
What's your openion on this????? :banana:
[b]FUCK GOLDMAN SUCKS and VATICAN[/b]

Super Moderator

PostSat Jun 11, 2011 2:57 pm » by Slith

I don't use it, and won't. I'm not a tech guy anyways. My sons the geek in the family. Scary stuff this new technology, especially if your not privy

Beating the shit out of the spammers......one click at a time

Initiate

PostSat Jun 11, 2011 3:09 pm » by Lordblake7

You carnt gurantee that it's safe. I dont use facebook or anyother. Iv never liked the idea of my life floating around the net. No one can gurantee that it's safe. My son is the computer wizz in my family too. Kids pick computers up so fast it amazes me.

Conspirator

PostSat Jun 11, 2011 3:13 pm » by Thebluecanary

I have a dear friend who worked for many years setting up computer networks for various companies from the time the technology was brand new until the time she retired at 65. We were talking about this the other day, and her take on it was that it's a bad idea. She says it's file sharing, regardless of how safe they tell you it is, and that all that data is completely open to anyone with a little skill to get in and see it.

Personally, I have no reason to ever use it regardless.
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Super Moderator

PostSat Jun 11, 2011 3:14 pm » by Slith

lordblake7 wrote:You carnt gurantee that it's safe. I dont use facebook or anyother. Iv never liked the idea of my life floating around the net. No one can gurantee that it's safe. My son is the computer wizz in my family too. Kids pick computers up so fast it amazes me.

lolz. When I was in highschool, computers were just coming to the mainstream. They offered a class on them, I turned it down cause I didn't think they would amount to anything. Talk about your epic fail!

Conspirator

PostSat Jun 11, 2011 3:17 pm » by Mozi!!a

dlslith wrote:I don't use it, and won't. I'm not a tech guy anyways. My sons the geek in the family. Scary stuff this new technology, especially if your not privy

me so not using it :nails:

Initiate

PostSat Jun 11, 2011 3:20 pm » by Eisleo

Well, I don't use it either. First, it's not that safe. Second, I don't trust any corporation with my files. Third, what do you do when there's no internet?

Storage is not as expensive, as it used to be, so... with 100 euros, you get more storage than you'll ever need (unless you work with audio/video, or are addicted to downloading stuff!).

DON'T store your files online, it's not that safe. My laptop has only 120 GB and 95 are still free, 'cause I ONLY keep what I really need.
"Kinder, die Zeit ist reif..."

Super Moderator

PostSat Jun 11, 2011 3:25 pm » by Slith

eisleo wrote:Well, I don't use it either. First, it's not that safe. Second, I don't trust any corporation with my files. Third, what do you do when there's no internet?

Storage is not as expensive, as it used to be, so... with 100 euros, you get more storage than you'll ever need (unless you work with audio/video, or are addicted to downloading stuff!).

DON'T store your files online, it's not that safe. My laptop has only 120 GB and 95 are still free, 'cause I ONLY keep what I really need.

Good move! :flop:

Super Moderator

PostSat Jun 11, 2011 3:40 pm » by Spock

I love my MobileMe. I use it for backup and syncing. It is great not having to lug around hard drives wherever I go and to always have access. I only use a 20 gig storage space now, and of course I have backups at home and work, but it sure beats carrying a case around.

Just don't keep anything on the Cloud you would be too concerned about. I mean, if the government wants access to your computer, they'll get in unless you are not on the net.

I can't wait for the MobileMe switch over.

Life is nothing but risks.

Initiate

PostSat Jun 11, 2011 3:43 pm » by Eisleo

dlslith wrote:
eisleo wrote:Well, I don't use it either. First, it's not that safe. Second, I don't trust any corporation with my files. Third, what do you do when there's no internet?

Good move! :flop:

Hi five! :lol: :cheers:
"Kinder, die Zeit ist reif..."

Next