I Just Need To Rant!

Initiate

PostThu Sep 03, 2009 8:36 am » by Chashmere

Please don't hate me for my rant, but this is the off topic forum. In January of this year my dad died from a short battle with cancer. It really wasn;t even a battle, he let the cancer take him. I was named executrix to his estate. At the time of hs death the house was occupied with other family members. Needless to say I had a hard time getting the last on out so I could finish getting the house ready for sale.

My lawyer and I went to court and filed insolvency on the estate, meaning there was not enough money to meet the bills, including a thirty year loan that the bank gave my 77 year old dad. The bank had made it clear that they intended to foreclose on the house, but had not been before a judge. My lawyer and I filed and went before the judge.

Now, they (the bank) says that since I did not file my intent to sell the house my insolvency is not valid and want my case denied. Now, in Ohio, the only person who needs to file such a paper would be some one other than executor/executrix. Besides, the judge had already ordered the house be sold and put the bank as a high priority to be paid.

So, my lawyer is fighting this foreclosure because if that happens, there is no money for anyone! I know that sounds selfish, but I have been through hell to get that place cleaned up and ready to sell. My dad never threw anything away, and my brother was just as bad.

Here it is Sept already and I finally have only 2 sheds worth of stuff to dispose off. I've been overworking the poor trash collectors.

I went to the house today and the bank had broken into the house and placed stickers on everything and posted notices on the wall for anyone who enters to sign. They changed my lock on one shed, jammed one on another, and put a lock on the shed that had no lock. They changed the lock on the back door.

There was a "paper hearing" Aug 19 and the judge has still not come to a conclusion as of Sept 2. That means the house is still mine until it sells, but the freaking bank is assuming they will win. I already have the house posted with a realtor. The judge ordered the house sold, so I listed it.

The papers and stickers are dated for Sept 2. These GD banks think they can run over people even when a judge says different. They did not send a representitive to the insolvency hearing. And the hardest part of all is that I feel like I have failed my dad in some way.

If I had the money I would take them to trial and clear the deed. They had no business giving a 77 year old man a 30 year loan with out insisting on death insurance. Death Insurance should be mandatory, just like any other insurance.

I'm sorry dad, I did my best.

Conspirator

PostThu Sep 03, 2009 8:47 am » by Darrylmckay

Oh man that is just awful, banks are a law unto themselves.

I really dont know what to tell you, but I will say this, If the bank does take the house I would be paying the old place a visit with a couple of gallons of gas and a box of matches.

Dont let the bank have it under any circumstances.

And as it burns say a prayer to for your dad and tell him you stuck it up the bank for him.
( then run away very quickly).
I will respect your beliefs*, I will research your beliefs, but dont expect me to believe.
* disclaimer-user makes no commitment to live up to this claim

Initiate

PostThu Sep 03, 2009 9:03 am » by Chashmere

Yea, here I was worried that my brother would try to burn it down, now I feel like it. My dad left me in charge, the judge left me in charge, and the banks do as they wish. My lawyer will be calling them, but I have very little hope.

Writer

PostThu Sep 03, 2009 9:06 am » by Reclaimer

Ditto Darylm's sentiments.... Dont the bank people realize they are people too??? What monsters/jackasses..........

Initiate

PostThu Sep 03, 2009 9:22 am » by Lordgaga

Banks are legalised criminal organisations.
Järv som Järven

Conspirator

PostThu Sep 03, 2009 10:34 am » by Aragajag

I feel for ya mate, I dont know how these jobs get taken by PEOPLE. Then go home and sleep.

Initiate

PostThu Sep 03, 2009 10:39 am » by Seendem2

Chashmere wrote:Please don't hate me for my rant, but this is the off topic forum. In January of this year my dad died from a short battle with cancer. It really wasn;t even a battle, he let the cancer take him. I was named executrix to his estate. At the time of hs death the house was occupied with other family members. Needless to say I had a hard time getting the last on out so I could finish getting the house ready for sale.

My lawyer and I went to court and filed insolvency on the estate, meaning there was not enough money to meet the bills, including a thirty year loan that the bank gave my 77 year old dad. The bank had made it clear that they intended to foreclose on the house, but had not been before a judge. My lawyer and I filed and went before the judge.

Now, they (the bank) says that since I did not file my intent to sell the house my insolvency is not valid and want my case denied. Now, in Ohio, the only person who needs to file such a paper would be some one other than executor/executrix. Besides, the judge had already ordered the house be sold and put the bank as a high priority to be paid.

So, my lawyer is fighting this foreclosure because if that happens, there is no money for anyone! I know that sounds selfish, but I have been through hell to get that place cleaned up and ready to sell. My dad never threw anything away, and my brother was just as bad.

Here it is Sept already and I finally have only 2 sheds worth of stuff to dispose off. I've been overworking the poor trash collectors.

I went to the house today and the bank had broken into the house and placed stickers on everything and posted notices on the wall for anyone who enters to sign. They changed my lock on one shed, jammed one on another, and put a lock on the shed that had no lock. They changed the lock on the back door.

There was a "paper hearing" Aug 19 and the judge has still not come to a conclusion as of Sept 2. That means the house is still mine until it sells, but the freaking bank is assuming they will win. I already have the house posted with a realtor. The judge ordered the house sold, so I listed it.

The papers and stickers are dated for Sept 2. These GD banks think they can run over people even when a judge says different. They did not send a representitive to the insolvency hearing. And the hardest part of all is that I feel like I have failed my dad in some way.

If I had the money I would take them to trial and clear the deed. They had no business giving a 77 year old man a 30 year loan with out insisting on death insurance. Death Insurance should be mandatory, just like any other insurance.

I'm sorry dad, I did my best.

First let me say im sorry for your loss
Im not sure how the legal system works in the states as i am in Canada, i can relate to what you are feeling, as i have gone through the same sort of ordeal you are going through now, my father passed away 18 months ago, when he passed on he died without a will, so his estate was what is called insolvent, and he was in debt to the banks and creditors.
I had to become the executor of his estate , that being said , responsible for all that needed to be done on his behalf, his home needed to be repaired so it could be sold, a cost that i had to incure with no help from the banks or creditors, and yet they (the Banks) will get the biggest peice of the pie and there will be nothing or little after all is said and done. It is enough that you must deal with the loss of your father, let alone with thoose who are only thinking of the money he owed.
Please do not get down on yourself, you are dealing with what you have been handed, you will get through this , as i said it has been 18 months since my fathers passing and he would have been 77 on 9-11, and i am still waiting for clearence from revenue Canada to pay off his debts, so it is not over yet for me, it has been a long haul for sure, please alow yourself to greive and love and remember your dad in the warmest ways you can think of, and the rest will be resolved in time.
You did not do this to your dad, no need to be sorry for what the banks are imposing on you, it is the banks and the likes who should be sorry for what you are dealing with, and yes there is little or no humaness in finance.
may you find some peace and strength that you so deserve at this time in your life, heart felt condolences to you. Please be well.

Initiate

PostThu Sep 03, 2009 4:20 pm » by Chashmere

Thank you all for your kind words. I truely do appreciate them. I did get a small reprieve today. My lawyer called the banks lawyer. They do have to fix what they've done to the property, immediately. They aknowledged that the courts had not rendered a verdict yet, and nothing should have been tampered with. It's a small win, but a win nonetheless.
Now I need to wait for the results of the paper hearing. Fingers crossed.

Thank you again.

Initiate

PostThu Sep 03, 2009 4:26 pm » by Soldierboy

I'm sorry for your loss. cancer took my mother as well, stay strong
"That Which Does Not Kill Us Makes Us Stronger"

Conspirator

PostThu Sep 03, 2009 4:28 pm » by Aragajag

Stand firm in the conviction that you are a freeman, listen and consider, you have no need to give anything away if you dont stand under. I cant give you advice but I truly feel for you. They have no moral right to cause you any distress.

Next