I love coffee, but it needs to be labeled

Initiate

PostFri Feb 24, 2012 2:58 pm » by Minihaha

So I am a coffee lover, but the other day I just happened to watch a gardening video and the guy said, keep and compost your coffee grinds as they are extremely high in potassium and your root plants such as potatoes will love it. I thought oh, that's awesome (I like to do yearly garden's even though my thumb isn't so green, hence why I watch gardening videos). Then I thought hey I drink alot of really strong coffee throughout the day, every day (I guess I am addicted) Well, anyway the guy said that most people don't know this about potassium and coffee (espresso is even worse). So I go upstairs to look at my coffee container to look at it's nutritional label, and low and behold THERE IS NO NUTRITIONAL LABEL ON COFFEE. Everything here in Canada sold in a package needs a nutritional label, yet coffee doesn't? I am going to try and dig up more info on this subject and later today I am going to file a complaint with our Canadian food inspection Agency. A human body can usually expell excess potassium, but I know personally now that I have been intaking way too much potassium every day for over 18 years of my life. Too much potassium causes HYPERKALEMIA which gives a person irregular heartbeat, nausea and a slow, weak pulse. Alot of foods carry potassium as well, but I wonder how many other people are unknowingly intaking way to much potassium and having ill health effects without knowing about it. So an extra reminder to watch you coffee/espresso intake. The average daily recommended intake for potassium is 3500mg and I will give some examples from what research I did on foods high in potassium yesterday. 1 serving of baked potato=844mg, Tomato paste=2455 mg anyway there is a huge list of foods that we eat every day, but coffee fiends beware, there can be health reprocussions.

Conspirator

PostFri Feb 24, 2012 3:34 pm » by Thruster

No-one f**ks with my coffee .. :evil:

Initiate

PostFri Feb 24, 2012 3:38 pm » by Minihaha

thruster wrote:No-one f**ks with my coffee .. :evil:

:lol:

Conspirator

PostFri Feb 24, 2012 4:44 pm » by Evildweeb

I am a faithful religious coffee addict as well.

But if I am not mistaken, there could be a little more than potassium in your coffee.

Since the "war on drugs" started in earnest in Columbia, and since cocaine has taken over as the bumper crop replacing the very same fields of coffee, coffee sellers have moved their coffee plantations to another country.

According to a report several years ago, Vietnam is now the largest exporter of coffee in the world.

The only thing that concerns me about that is Vietnam has had almost every square acre of land salted with Agent Orange back in the 60s.

And if I am also not mistaken, AO doesn't wash out over time - its still there.

So......................

just saying.

cheers

:cheers:

Those who live on the buffet line shouldn't throw porky pies

Initiate

PostFri Feb 24, 2012 4:50 pm » by Minihaha

evildweeb wrote:I am a faithful religious coffee addict as well.

But if I am not mistaken, there could be a little more than potassium in your coffee.

Since the "war on drugs" started in earnest in Columbia, and since cocaine has taken over as the bumper crop replacing the very same fields of coffee, coffee sellers have moved their coffee plantations to another country.

According to a report several years ago, Vietnam is now the largest exporter of coffee in the world.

The only thing that concerns me about that is Vietnam has had almost every square acre of land salted with Agent Orange back in the 60s.

And if I am also not mistaken, AO doesn't wash out over time - its still there.

So......................

just saying.

cheers

:cheers:

Whoa, agent orange, that really sucks, I guess I'm about to withdrawl from my coffee addiction.........tomorrow that is, well maybe the next day, but man that sucks, agent orange was also sprayed in Manitoba Canada, and I also found out that they used agent orange to kill weeds on the sides of roadways for a while in areas of canada, good to know that that it doesn't wash away.

Initiate

PostFri Feb 24, 2012 5:02 pm » by Soulofgoa604

Meuw :3

Super Moderator

PostFri Feb 24, 2012 5:27 pm » by domdabears

I just went and checked my coffee after reading this. I have a popular brand in my house right now. Maxwell House.

So I look to find a nutrition label, and it does have one it says;

Nutrition: Coffee

No joke!
What a bunch of fuckin smart asses!!!! :yell:
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Initiate

PostFri Feb 24, 2012 5:32 pm » by Minihaha

domdabears wrote:I just went and checked my coffee after reading this. I have a popular brand in my house right now. Maxwell House.

So I look to find a nutrition label, and it does have one it says;

Nutrition: Coffee

No joke!
What a bunch of fuckin smart asses!!!! :yell:

Hilarious...... and I still can't believe I never thought about coffee's nutritional value till yesterday when I saw that gardening video.

Initiate

PostFri Feb 24, 2012 5:35 pm » by Soulofgoa604

illuminate yourself today with some coffee
:robot:

Conspirator

PostFri Feb 24, 2012 7:06 pm » by Kinninigan

There are no labels on coffee because it is a legally controlled "drug". I love my coffee :D

But what makes me mad is people telling me I am a druggie pothead as they sit there sipping there legal beer/ coffee/ red bull!

Christians serve coffee in their church's and stand outside smoking cigarettes but wont let me bring a joint in!

THE WAR ON DRUGS IS ALL :bullshit:

Coffee, Crack, Cocaine, 5 hour energy drinks, meth, its all the same thing!
https://www.youtube.com/user/kinninigan
http://www.disclose.tv/user/kinninigan/

Next