I'm starting to think that the Left might actually be right

Master Conspirator

PostSun Jul 24, 2011 1:51 pm » by Cornbread714

spock wrote:On a side note, it is interesting to watch the types which wish to burn Murdoch for the under-handed practices also praise Assange as a light bringer.

That's a good point, in fact, I was discussing this very issue yesterday evening with one of my bosses and a design consultant from London who claims to know both Murdoch and his son personally (interestingly, they both have a grudging respect for Murdoch, but that's beside the point).

My question is this - is hacking forgivable if the motives are good? Is any kind of spying morally defensible?

Essentially, hacking is the same as burglary, right? You're breaking into someone's private property and stealing something. Whether or not Assange has good motives, is it really okay?

It's a slippery slope, as they say. Personally, I have a dislike for sneak thieves, but you could also make the argument that if a government doesn't play "fair", why should we, as concerned individuals?

Can two wrongs make a right?

I watched a video here, supposedly from "Anonymous", in which the group threatens to take some sort of action against Hezbollah in Lebanon. I really didn't like the tone of it. I don't appreciate someone claiming to be part of a high-minded vigilante group which purports to be taking the moral high ground, but which threatens to use under-handed sneaky tactics to achieve their ends - which we are supposed to believe are justifiable because they claim to represent the oppressed, but at the same time are not willing to show their faces.

What's to keep anyone from saying they represent Anonymous, and how the fuck can Anonymous claim to have a unified goal if it's made up of a loose coalition of anarchists and anyone else who wants to use the name and the stupid Guy Fawkes mask and a speaking tone borrowed from a movie? Something stinks to me...

I realize I'm going all over the map and that I have derailed my own thread.

Also, I don't have a firm conclusion - I'm still asking questions.
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 24, 2011 1:57 pm » by Mediasorcerer

spock wrote:Excellent article. I have to say I agree 100% with it, nothing struck me as unfair or outlandish.

On a side note, it is interesting to watch the types which wish to burn Murdoch for the under-handed practices also praise Assange as a light bringer.

what do you want to do,give murdoch a medal and a pay rise,who cares about wikileaks,as if most here didnt already know that shit anyway.

murdoch is just another globalist ,among many,all with roughly the same agenda,and that agenda does not encompass our welfare,at all,i imagine you can see that much.
with the power of soul,anything is possible
with the power of you,anything that you wanna do

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 24, 2011 2:03 pm » by Perronick

mediasorcerer wrote:murdoch is just another globalist

They are called "philanthropist" now. :wink:

Writer

PostSun Jul 24, 2011 2:31 pm » by Madonnarules

Capitalism is based on greed and selfishness!
Not only does society suffer from racism and sexism but it also suffers from ageism. Once you reach a certain age you're not allowed to be adventurous, not allowed to be sexual. I mean, is there a rule? Are you supposed to just die?-Madonna

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 24, 2011 4:41 pm » by Cia212

cornbread714 wrote:The rich run a global system that allows them to accumulate capital and pay the lowest possible price for labour. The freedom that results applies only to them. The many simply have to work harder, in conditions that grow ever more insecure, to enrich the few.

As an attorney, I learned early on not to argue someone's logic because it might be sound, rather argue the premise on which it's based and the opponent's logic will fall apart on it's own.

If his premise is right then there could be no such thing as a rags-to-riches story. Yet the US is filled with such stories! Half of my friends could tell you their story and it would easily refute this article. Just look at some of the "rich" in this country, did Bill Gates start off rich? Were companies like Oracle started by rich assholes? No. Most of these companies were started by regular people - college professors in the case of Oracle, drop-outs with Microsoft - with a great idea...a better mousetrap if you will.

Does a globalist elite trying to destroy and enslave the world exist? Of course. Did guys like Gates buy in to this system when they got rich? Yes. Can these people, with all their money and control, stop you or me from becoming successful? NEVER!

All the policies of the left do is make it harder to people to climb the ladder. Stop blaming the "rich" and start believing in yourself. The problem facing the world today is the same as in the 70's here in the US, people have lost their hearts, and no amount of leftist ideology will bring it back.

Edit: Oh, and the left has redefined the "poor" to enhance this class warfare. The "poor" in America aren't nearly as poor or numerous as the left would have us believe.

Master Conspirator

PostSun Jul 24, 2011 4:58 pm » by Boondox681

What has always questioned my belief in a two party system is:

the single most destructive and separatist entity on the planet is
THE AMERICAN TWO-PARTY SYSTEM.
period.
"I wish i was there when the horse was stole,but I reckon I'll see the tracks when I get there"
-Abraham Lincoln

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 24, 2011 5:01 pm » by Perronick

They will stop most of you the majority of the times from becoming successful. Specially if your concept of success opposes or threatens their status quo. I don't know, if you try to be Nikola Tesla successful, for example, they'll shut you down; if you try to succeed creating a zero point energy, they'll shut you down; if you try to succeed liberating your country from debt slavery they'll shut you down, etc etc

Writer

PostSun Jul 24, 2011 5:19 pm » by Undercover

cia212 wrote:
cornbread714 wrote:The rich run a global system that allows them to accumulate capital and pay the lowest possible price for labour. The freedom that results applies only to them. The many simply have to work harder, in conditions that grow ever more insecure, to enrich the few.

As an attorney, I learned early on not to argue someone's logic because it might be sound, rather argue the premise on which it's based and the opponent's logic will fall apart on it's own.

If his premise is right then there could be no such thing as a rags-to-riches story. Yet the US is filled with such stories! Half of my friends could tell you their story and it would easily refute this article. Just look at some of the "rich" in this country, did Bill Gates start off rich? Were companies like Oracle started by rich assholes? No. Most of these companies were started by regular people - college professors in the case of Oracle, drop-outs with Microsoft - with a great idea...a better mousetrap if you will.

Does a globalist elite trying to destroy and enslave the world exist? Of course. Did guys like Gates buy in to this system when they got rich? Yes. Can these people, with all their money and control, stop you or me from becoming successful? NEVER!

All the policies of the left do is make it harder to people to climb the ladder. Stop blaming the "rich" and start believing in yourself. The problem facing the world today is the same as in the 70's here in the US, people have lost their hearts, and no amount of leftist ideology will bring it back.

Edit: Oh, and the left has redefined the "poor" to enhance this class warfare. The "poor" in America aren't nearly as poor or numerous as the left would have us believe.

Excellent post I totally agree when we are talking about the western world.

In England I have been round long enough to see that both left and right work in conjunction with one another.
the right can not earn enough taxes to build schools or hospitals but they stabilize debt.
the left raise taxes to build schools ,hospitals but create to much debt which puts the whole country into to much debt.
And they yoyo back and forth every 10/15 years or so to balance the equation
It looks to me like the left hand and the right hand are part of the same entity

But the 8 million children that die from hunger every year shows that globally left or right makes no difference and produce the same results globally(like the wars we are in) regardless of their differences.

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 24, 2011 5:33 pm » by Mediasorcerer

bill gates was sponsored by wealthy relatives,hes not from poor stock,and the story of rags to riches is a MEME propagated to make the myth sound more credible,do some more research,very few outsiders get into the club who dont have some kinda pedigree,there are a few,but they are a minority,

anyway,id rather my soul,than assign my ethical foundation away to a paper note with a magical sigil on it that inspires a slave like addiction to accumulating unlimited amounts at any price,at the cost of others welfare,such as it is ,yeh,i like going to sleep at night,i sleep very well.

war is an industry that has its foundation on the ever growing pile of bodies that support it,

yuk,you can keep the money if you want it so bad,its tainted.
with the power of soul,anything is possible
with the power of you,anything that you wanna do

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 24, 2011 6:20 pm » by Realorfake

cia212 wrote:

It means nothing when the system is inherently flawed.

Capitalism is based on two fronts; one, the spread of information and two, personal liberty, aka "freedom". This is why its called a "free" market. Personal liberty = personal choice, personal preference....... this means the "private" market is inheritably a selfish market. Those who are in will do only what is good for their company at the cost of their employees and at the cost of other market companies and their employees. Capitalism, therefore, is unsustainable. It's non-reciprocal. Get in, get out. It pivots itself on one simple premise - irresponsibility. Success stories are few and far between. Find the number of failed businesses, both start-up and long-lasting... that number will overshadow any number of success stories one million times over. And consider that our market rules all markets around the world. Capitalism is not a success story...
How many times must you honk your horn and say fuck you?
Now what the fuck does that do?
You feel better now, I didnt let you pass.
How bout I stop my car and beat your fuckin' ass?

PreviousNext