I making a tesla generator (help me!)

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 10, 2012 9:28 pm » by Mochon

Oreocannon wrote:you realize they want you to stay ignorant and apathetic. they want you to talk about issues but to not do anything.
so when you decide to do anything instead of just talking, like an experiment, or a recipe..to change your life and the world.
it really hurts them, because either they are paid to post, or suffer from personal butt hurt for not having a cool life, so bringing other people down seems to make them feel better about their shitty life.

Ive met my share of those man,haters gonna hate,im not saying he is one of them but whats with the attitude? talk about an ego dude....but hey,if people stops everytime some other persons says, ur wrong, any accomplishments would have been made,and we would still belive the world is flat so....

dont let em haters bring u down ! :cheers:

Initiate

PostWed Oct 10, 2012 10:21 pm » by Oreocannon

oh no i dont stop because of them. i stop because i dotn know waht to do with those sylicium diodes especially when i dont ahve money

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 10, 2012 10:41 pm » by Mochon

Oreocannon wrote:oh no i dont stop because of them. i stop because i dotn know waht to do with those sylicium diodes especially when i dont ahve money

I think the only diference between those two kind of diodes is the voltage....sillicon ones would be better though since they r claimed to be the ones that r used...look i have absolutelly no know how on this but found this that explains what they diodes actually do, its from wikipedia so dont expect much cause im not sure how accurate this is but check it out it might at least help u understand how the device works from its different parts...

Diode
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Figure 1: Closeup of a diode, showing the square shaped semiconductor crystal (black object on left).

Figure 2: Various semiconductor diodes. Bottom: A bridge rectifier. In most diodes, a white or black painted band identifies the cathode terminal, that is, the terminal that conventional current flows out of when the diode is conducting.

Figure 3: Structure of a vacuum tube diode. The filament may be bare, or more commonly (as shown here), embedded within and insulated from an enclosing cathode
In [electronics], a 'diode' is a two [Terminal (electronics)|terminal]] electronic component with asymmetric transfer characteristic, with low (ideally zero) resistance to current flow in one direction, and high (ideally infinite) resistance in the other. A semiconductor diode, the most common type today, is a crystalline piece of semiconductor material with a p-n junction connected to two electrical terminals.[1] A vacuum tube diode, now used only in some high-power technologies and by enthusiasts, is a vacuum tube with two electrodes, a plate (anode) and filament (cathode).
The most common function of a diode is to allow an electric current to pass in one direction (called the diode's forward direction), while blocking current in the opposite direction (the reverse direction). Thus, the diode can be viewed as an electronic version of a check valve. This unidirectional behavior is called rectification, and is used to convert alternating current to direct current, including extraction of modulation from radio signals in radio receivers—these diodes are forms of rectifiers.
However, diodes can have more complicated behavior than this simple on–off action. Semiconductor diodes begin conducting electricity only if a certain threshold voltage or cut-in voltage is present in the forward direction (a state in which the diode is said to be forward-biased). The voltage drop across a forward-biased diode varies only a little with the current, and is a function of temperature; this effect can be used as a temperature sensor or voltage reference.
Semiconductor diodes' nonlinear current–voltage characteristic can be tailored by varying the semiconductor materials and introducing impurities into (doping) the materials. These are exploited in special-purpose diodes that perform many different functions. For example, diodes are used to regulate voltage (Zener diodes), to protect circuits from high voltage surges (avalanche diodes), to electronically tune radio and TV receivers (varactor diodes), to generate radio frequency oscillations (tunnel diodes, Gunn diodes, IMPATT diodes), and to produce light (light emitting diodes). Tunnel diodes exhibit negative resistance, which makes them useful in some types of circuits.
Diodes were the first semiconductor electronic devices. The discovery of crystals' rectifying abilities was made by German physicist Ferdinand Braun in 1874. The first semiconductor diodes, called cat's whisker diodes, developed around 1906, were made of mineral crystals such as galena. Today most diodes are made of silicon, but other semiconductors such as germanium are sometimes used.[2]

there is more of it on the site http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diode

So try another hardware shop,figure out how it could work,there is a lot online and if u learn fast maybe u can grasp it build it.....

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 10, 2012 10:53 pm » by Mochon

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 10, 2012 10:53 pm » by Mushroom

If you cannot get hold of any germanium diodes, then use Schottky diodes instead. They are silicon but have a fast response time and a lower voltage drop than other silicon diodes.

Also, you don't need a soldering iron.. just wind the leads of each component togehter and then tigheten them with pliers (if that makes sense)..

Good luck again :flop:

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 11, 2012 12:40 am » by Richc

So what happens if you take that simple board design, replace all the components with much higher rated ones then attach it to a 30 foot antenna.?

Would the output voltage and amps go up enough to be usefull.?

RIK
"Theres A Storm Coming!"

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 11, 2012 1:27 am » by Mochon

i guess it would require more components as well as higher rated ones....

Initiate

PostThu Oct 11, 2012 2:02 am » by Stargazer279

So what happens if you take that simple board design, replace all the components with much higher rated ones then attach it to a 30 foot antenna.?

Would the output voltage and amps go up enough to be usefull.?

With parts rated for for higher current and voltage, you could actually pick up pretty much the same thing (about 2 volts and a quarter of an amp (current). But if you would be in middle of nowhere without anything around.. town or power lines more then a mile away, you would tap into the magnetic field of the planet. Im not sure how much you could get from it though. This circuit as it is would be powerful enough to recharge a cell phone.

there is a much much better way to generate electricity (pure free energy) from the air and the ground. The design is actually posted a few posts before mine. Where 120 volts is used to power a Tesla coil. Now if you remove the 120volts and you let the winds and the ground provide you the power, then you will have enough power to get 120volts almost 15 amps.

Cheers! :cheers:
Bring the music past where you found it ! - Crossroads

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 11, 2012 7:38 am » by Dukettt

Oreocannon wrote:i was at the store, they were incredible rude and unhelpful as always.
said they dont germanium diods by silicium ones.
will it work? what do now?

Follow the map, there are answers on the way.
------------------------------
canubis wrote:
a hill goes up not digs itself into a grave newbie.. lol i made the word LOL in 95 on ms CHAT orels ill be saying ROFLMAO fkn n00b

Previous