IDEA FOR DTV

Super Moderator

PostThu Oct 04, 2012 4:12 pm » by Slith

Kinninigan wrote:
Troll2rocks wrote:

Also, I am hearing this right ? You want DTV to start charging for exclusive content to paid membership ?

My idea was not for "paid membership" but only registered DTV members having access to our "wiki fact area"

1) that would keep posters from other sites using our website for research
2) would make new members feel good about having "exclusive access" to something
3) would encourage people to join

I guess it would be set-up like your mod forum that mods only have access to, also paid membership would kill the quality of our site i think, i dont think thats a good idea

FTR, I'm against paid membership. I joined this site freely and want to remain as such. I get the juxt of a paid membership to keep the bots and spammers out cause I just spent the last 2 hours deleting these f'krs from the newbies list. Yet as a free site..........it remains free. I like that idea

:peep:

marnysad wrote:How to Pee a Brain Injury Rectification Involve Brain hurt

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 04, 2012 4:15 pm » by Poooooot

Kinninigan wrote:My idea was not for "paid membership" but only registered DTV members having access to our "wiki fact area"

1) [color=#00BFFF]that would keep posters from other sites using our website for research

2) would make new members feel good about having "exclusive access" to something

I guess it would be set-up like your mod forum that mods only have access to, also paid membership would kill the quality of our site i think, i dont think thats a good idea[/color]

But, wouldn't "we" want non-members to be able to read/access this information? To be able to search for something on Google, find it here, and link back to it on their blogs or what-not? Traffic increases revenue, which I assume Lukas would be down for.

Just as soon as they get this major-lag from the hours of 1:00pm-7:00pm EST issue under control. :lol:
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 04, 2012 4:22 pm » by Kinninigan

Poooooot wrote:
Kinninigan wrote:My idea was not for "paid membership" but only registered DTV members having access to our "wiki fact area"

1) [color=#00BFFF]that would keep posters from other sites using our website for research

I guess it would be set-up like your mod forum that mods only have access to, also paid membership would kill the quality of our site i think, i dont think thats a good idea[/color]

But, wouldn't "we" want non-members to be able to read/access this information? To be able to search for something on Google, find it here, and link back to it on their blogs or what-not? Traffic increases revenue, which I assume Lukas would be down for.

Just as soon as they get this major-lag from the hours of 1:00pm-7:00pm EST issue under control. :lol:

I thought it would just be a tool for DTV posters
https://www.youtube.com/user/kinninigan
http://www.disclose.tv/user/kinninigan/

Super Moderator

PostThu Oct 04, 2012 5:54 pm » by Vulcanic

Noentry wrote:I like the idea Vulcanic.
This would be a tough one to get right.
Impartiality is what will make this work or fail.

"What if" we had a, DTV APPROVED thread?

Where any post on the site can be put to the mod team for assessment.
If the mods find the info posted valid, it could then go to a forum vote, by say members with over a thousand post count.
Allowing a post to be validated by just 3 mods is open to scrutiny, but giving the final word on the mater to the high post members truly makes it a DTV approved post.

Given a 2 week voting deadline.
If more then say fifty members vote in this poll, the post/info in question could be moved to the DTV APPROVED category.

If say in information comes out that sheds new light on this DTV APROVED post and the post validity called into question, it can be recalled for another round of membership voting, if 3 mods agree to this.

that is a good idea, or we could also just vote on what determins, valid sources and whats not a valid source too so MODS could except information or not alot faster

but i also think if we build the page right it should list Proven accepted facts, then under it should be unproven real or fake stuff, then under that maybe full blown proven fake..

like wikki leaves the facts then the mythologys ect ect they put alittle of it all up just put in in seprete sections on the page normally just under the facts.
Last edited by Vulcanic on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My YouTube Channel :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPmp_ByJdC5zkBQQmCr7EUw

Upload to Disclose.tv

Super Moderator

PostThu Oct 04, 2012 6:13 pm » by Vulcanic

and yes the fact checker should be free for all to use.

as in the other idea's to get bigger cooler things added to site (even new cool free stuff) i do think a small premium membership would help get in paid guests or who knows maybe dtv radio would be cool but things like that will cost money to get or build and are not easy to do.

we mentioned a few things that could be given out for a premium membership wich none would effect the free members at all, to be honest free members would end up with few new things and nothing less then what they got now.

the premium members just get few new things like a extended news letter, maybe extended profile, upload more then 5 videos a day with the new downloader, ect ect

in otherwords premium gets a few things that most people who want to be stay free here really wouldn't miss or need, but say the heavey dtv users might want and be wiiling to buy a premium membership

all places have premium or preferd user plans just as long as its stuff that free users wouldn't mind premium members payings for (common sence) if the thing costs money then yes there has to be a good way to offer things to premium member to help in overhead cost to bring different cooler things to this site that no other site has.

(Keep in mind these are just ideas ) by us (members) DTV is not saying yes or no to these ideas yet and i am just a member i gain nothing from this , i just would love to see dtv get huge and deverse i'm only rambling thoughts in my head and putting it here to see how it sounds outloud just trying to help but by no means is anything we talked about in this thread is cut in stone, just ideas by us MEMBERS

My YouTube Channel :

Upload to Disclose.tv

Super Moderator

PostThu Oct 04, 2012 6:21 pm » by Vulcanic

You guys are awsome! love how you can take my rough draft idea and point out so many things good and bad, all your points are very valid so keep posting up your thoughts, between us all we can create a fair just good system to do this (if it is something adminstation wants, they are the true deciders) but can't hurt to give ideas and share our thoughts on it :flop:

just read all the things posted here some of the ideas have already been fixed/changed from great members who pointed out problems or even cooler things to add

My YouTube Channel :

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 04, 2012 6:48 pm » by Poooooot

I actually love fact-checking people here as it is, so I think having a designated area for that kind of stuff is genius.

My most recent fact-check was quite fun. :lol:

Poooooot wrote:
manchesterlad wrote:depends wat part of the world ur in as to the moon !!

Nah, bro. That's not how it works.

The moon appears "upside down" between the Northern and Southern hemispheres, but the phase is always the same. ie, full moon = full moon no matter where you are on earth.

http://museumvictoria.com.au/planetariu ... -of-earth/
http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk ... heres.html

post828997.html#p828997
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Super Moderator

PostThu Oct 04, 2012 7:29 pm » by Vulcanic

Poooooot wrote:I actually love fact-checking people here as it is, so I think having a designated area for that kind of stuff is genius.

My most recent fact-check was quite fun. :lol:

Poooooot wrote:
manchesterlad wrote:depends wat part of the world ur in as to the moon !!

Nah, bro. That's not how it works.

The moon appears "upside down" between the Northern and Southern hemispheres, but the phase is always the same. ie, full moon = full moon no matter where you are on earth.

http://museumvictoria.com.au/planetariu ... -of-earth/
http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk ... heres.html

post828997.html#p828997

me too poooooot i feel great when i dig hard to find the truth about something i didn't know and sometimes it's not so easy to find the truth online.

and good job pooooot on your last fact checking i just read it :cheers:

Like i said before we watch videos read forums here then after we have so many questions and then end up on wikki or something to find the truth, i believe the truth should be found here not there, this is the home of the truth revealed not the home of more questions :cheers:

alot time the truth gets burried in a thread too. So to have a spot for the truths would be so much easyer then trying to find that 1 post in 500page thread that had the answer

My YouTube Channel :

Upload to Disclose.tv

Super Moderator

PostThu Oct 04, 2012 7:32 pm » by Vulcanic

plus it be great if when we put in search engines asking for a facts a disclose.tv link shows up,, then your getting a whole other crowd to come here :flop:

My YouTube Channel :

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 04, 2012 7:48 pm » by Daemonfoe

Have you guys considered the idea of putting a list of forum thread links next to videos that discuss the particular video, then letting people rate the threads based on how correct they found the information discussed in each one?

This would be a good first step to simply sorting and grouping information already contained within the site. When a user makes a post, have a field for them to enter a video #, or put a link next to each video that creates a new thread in an appropriate category with the video # field already filled out.

This would create very little work as far as maintaining anything. Users could flag inappropriately linked threads, and moderators could be automatically notified instead of having to scan over all the videos manually.
The two choices we have are something starting from nothing, or something existing infinitely. These are both paradoxes. The existence of everything is therefore a paradox. -daemonfoe

PreviousNext