If Energy Exists After Death...

Super Moderator

PostFri Apr 03, 2009 1:43 am » by Spock

Would love everyone's input!

First off - I am a Christian, but do not stand by the traditional fundamentalist beliefs. For me personally, I am extremley flawed, and thankfully accept the offer of Jesus to atone for our sins (shortcomings from perfection). It's nothing I want to banter about as I know that many here will be able to pick me apart for not being "Christ Like". And that's okay - that's why I need Christ, and that belief (faith) helps me to come to terms with the idea of conciousness existing after the body dies.

"Towelie" I already know how you will respond - but that's okay bro. Love your input!

Here's a question - to make a long statement longer. I just watched a show about hauntings. It came to the realization of everyone involved that the haunting was brought about by an "X" husband that had commited suicide.

The husband had obviously been bi-polar. When he was happy, everyone around him was happy! When he was down, he brought the world down around him.

Is it possible that his negative energy from his "low" points still lingers after his death? Is there a side to the spirit that can stay as the other side either - goes into endless sleep or paradise?

Is it possible that we have enough electrical energy in us that we radiate our extreme emotions, and those emotions can linger after we pass on?

Anyway - just wanted to throw that out there.

Master Conspirator

PostFri Apr 03, 2009 1:53 am » by Cornbread714

spock wrote:Would love everyone's input!

First off - I am a Christian, but do not stand by the traditional fundamentalist beliefs. For me personally, I am extremley flawed, and thankfully accept the offer of Jesus to atone for our sins (shortcomings from perfection). It's nothing I want to banter about as I know that many here will be able to pick me apart for not being "Christ Like". And that's okay - that's why I need Christ, and that belief (faith) helps me to come to terms with the idea of conciousness existing after the body dies.

"Towelie" I already know how you will respond - but that's okay bro. Love your input!

Here's a question - to make a long statement longer. I just watched a show about hauntings. It came to the realization of everyone involved that the haunting was brought about by an "X" husband that had commited suicide.

The husband had obviously been bi-polar. When he was happy, everyone around him was happy! When he was down, he brought the world down around him.

Is it possible that his negative energy from his "low" points still lingers after his death? Is there a side to the spirit that can stay as the other side either - goes into endless sleep or paradise?

Is it possible that we have enough electrical energy in us that we radiate our extreme emotions, and those emotions can linger after we pass on?

Anyway - just wanted to throw that out there.

In answer to your questions, I would say yes, yes, and yes. But that's my opinion :cheers:
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Initiate

PostFri Apr 03, 2009 2:17 am » by Kyo121

i like to believe in life after death, even though i strongly believe that it exist there are still much doubts lingering in my mind and that might be my downfall.

So far most life after death are base on the assumption that energy can not be destroy and we are made of energy. Wouldn't it be funny if those theories were wrong? It certainly wouldn't be the first time we're wrong about things and how they work. I can't help but to wonder what if energy CAN and DO get destroy and we are just unable to detect it with our current understanding. What if we AREN'T made from energy or at the very least not the same kind of energy that can't be destroy.

I'd like nothing more to be positive all the time but i don't like to jump blindly into the "have faith and be saved" train either. If i do burn in hell for my doubts then so be it, it was my choice, and when said time comes i will remove myself from hell with the supposed free will given to me.

Super Moderator

PostFri Apr 03, 2009 2:42 am » by Spock

Thank you both for your input!

I tend to think the same both of you do, at different times.

For me, it is truly the realm of the unknown. But my faith gives me hope! But I don't shove my faith down people's throats - if someone asks and are looking for hope, then I share my faith, and hope it gives them hope. Sometimes it does. Others no.

Regardless, there are so many questions concerning "ghosts". What is it all about?

There are many categories:
- Some seem aware of us and interact directly.
- Some seem to play like a movie, oblivious to the world around them.
- Some seem to be strong emotions that enter us inexplicably.
- Some are departed loved ones that appear to us

The list goes on and on.

I also believe that the same thing that drives our awareness of the "ghosts" drives our awareness of UFOs. I don't have proof - just a feeling based on nothing really.

If I had to have a scientific explanation - I would say it all drips into the realm of dimensions. Dimensions can be composed of many different realms and energies, and they overlap/form/explode just like bubbles in a bubble bath.

But hey - I just love my drinks after work!

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 03, 2009 2:44 am » by Constabul

hey man,

These are my thoughts on the whole death thing, take it for what ye will.
These bodies we have are vessels. Vessels driven by energy. Plants, animals, people, things that exhibit this energy, and are classified as living things. When we die. our energy leaves this vessel. I believe the planet in a way is a living thing also, and has veins like we do, Lay Lines. As I have come to believe lay lines truly represent, are the Earths Veins, our energy the fluid (in essence) of those veins.
So when we die, our energy, pours back into this vein. In example, think of a river with creeks, streams and channels. We are a cup of water, pour that water into the river, and it blends with the rest of the water, and is distributed along the way, will that water stay in the form of the cup? no it will mingle with the other fluids. To be redistributed as new growth( reborn/reincarnation).
Now i believe there are techniques of turning that cup of water to ice, thus as it travels along the river, it retains more. looses some, but as a whole remains, may even pick up a few extra things. Demonstrated by Tibetan monks. if you believe in such things. Also other cases of reincarnation memory are on record.
I also think this knowledge is known by the higher caste monks, but what is being tough is more of a pour water into water type, vs pour ice into water, if you follow my metaphor.
we come back as many things, we change, live many lives as many things.

That being said. your question, I believe this energy we have, can cause a type of ripple effect. Some hauntings are the type which can be timed by a watch. Show a at a certain time etc. These were caused by the extreme energy of a neg or pos emotion, Our energy flaring up. Some the more interactive hauntings are possibly this energy not flowing to the "river" see the Tibetan death rites. Egyptian book of the dead, yadda yadda. so yeah. just IMO.

Super Moderator

PostFri Apr 03, 2009 2:51 am » by Spock

constabul wrote:hey man,

These are my thoughts on the whole death thing,

Nice. I tend to think that too. When compared to water, our current form is an Ice Cube. But we still have liquid and vapor left, yet we can't comprehend that in our slowed down vibration.

Writer

PostFri Apr 03, 2009 3:48 am » by Boaterguy

Great thread. Can't say one way or another what group of believers I'd fall into only because I have beliefs and disbeliefs. I do believe there are energies left behind when one leaves this so called material world. But to what extent. My home was purchased back in the 50s. It was an old railway station built back at the turn of the century. My parents moved it to its current location 15 miles away. Over the years we have witnessed some fairly strange things occuring. Not anything moving by itself or floating around... not doors closing or anything like that. Its a large house and when windows are open and the wind is blowing through, it can make some very peculiar sounds. We have no neighbours. Our house when it was still in operation had housed railway workers as well which we to this day use as bedrooms also. The history of the station revealed that at least a dozen men had died in the station due from accidents on the railway. A few people had died of natural causes either in the station or on the train and were dropped off at the nearest stop. This station was also involved during Prohibition and some infamous people had frequented this station because it was the last stop before entering American. Through the years there have been alot of intense events that occurred here.
Now to the point I'm trying to make. My family and people visiting have all heard some very unexplainable conversations coming from what we call our dining room. Its a central room with 4 doors entering it. We have been laying in bed then being awoken from multiple men having conversations in our dining room. Loud enough that it woke us up and also loud enough to catch what the conversations were about. One that really stood out was a conversation between at least 3 men talking about a valve on the water tower along with a conversation about how the train will be delayed for a few days because of a blizzard. Since I took over the place, 15 years, I and others in the house have witnessed 8 of these conversations. Left over energy is all I can say about this. Never seeing anything. Just hearing it. I can't say I believe but I have no other explanation for it. Does anyone else have these audible events?

Initiate

PostFri Apr 03, 2009 3:55 am » by Kyo121

@boaterguy

All of my family have had some auditory experience at one time or another but never to the extent you meant. We usually hear a sigh, a cough , a laugh here and there when no one was around but that's as far as it went. My mother supposedly had a conversation with my grandmother after she pass away though but i was too young so i did not experience that nor remember it myself.

PostFri Apr 03, 2009 7:08 am » by Hesop

spock wrote:I also believe that the same thing that drives our awareness of the "ghosts" drives our awareness of UFOs. I don't have proof - just a feeling based on nothing really.

Interesting that you say that bro. It happens to be one of the things that abductees share. I have absolutely no idea, or even good guesses as to why, but we have become somewhat "ghost magnets". I was interviewed by a fella about it back in the early 90's. It was set up by Stanton. Wish like hell I could remember his name. He was looking into the phenom, and trying to make sense of it as well. I have had several encounters, that offered proof that I was not insane or daydreaming. Then there's the pics I took as well.

When I first read your post here, the first thing that came to mind, was a somewhat scientific study on the subject, done years ago. Using terminal volunteers, their cots were placed on scales, when it was determined their time was about up. The moment of their death showed a significant measureable decrease in weight. Wasn't much, but most all instances it was almost exactly the same. Not sure what keywords to use for a lookup, but I'll see if I can find it still floating around. Interesting stuff!

Initiate

PostFri Apr 03, 2009 7:50 am » by Kyo121

@hesop
i think you meant the 21 grams the weight of souls. Scientist have been calling that a myth for a long time so i'm not really sure if the actual test was done or not. If you have some info on if it was really conducted it'd be nice to know.

Next