If mankind disappeared from our planet?

Conspirator

PostSat May 30, 2009 6:11 am » by Hansom

I think after 100,000 years or even less, new lifeforms would flourish.
And could even evolve (over millions of years) into intelligent beings, much like we regard modern man.
They would make amazing discoveries like fire and agriculture, develop language.
Thousands of years later they would achieve great feats of engineering, building horseless carriages and bridges to carry them.
They would most likely harness the power of electricity, and construct an interconnected network of communication devices.
Send rockets to the moon, where they would find "alien" artifacts.
Artifacts written about in ancient scripts known as the orbs of ascension (golf balls), the stuff of folklore.
These beings would deliberate on their inter-webs about the origins of the artifacts.
And what it would mean for their belief systems, there would be a huge conflagration.
Two opposing sides would split the atom and use this technology to destroy all the peoples of this new world.
With all the people gone all they had built would crumble and wear away.

After 100,000 years or even less, new lifeforms would flourish.
And so ad infinitum.
In Lak'ech

May the force be with you, always.

PostSat May 30, 2009 6:21 am » by Hesop

"Earth without People". Was that the name of the film? Broke it down pretty good. Overgrowth, decay, etc. Was pretty enlightening. Discovery Channel, wasn't it?

end0fall

PostSat May 30, 2009 6:25 am » by end0fall

good point han,i have a theory that everything in the entire universe has a cycle and it all gets repeated again and again....never ending

Conspirator

PostSat May 30, 2009 7:43 am » by Clawspiracy

All man-made constructions will completely disappear from Earth in several thousand years.

In all of this, that sentence had the most impact in my mind. This is the reason why we cannot say with absolute certainty that there was no advanced civilization before ours. Anyone who says this is usually looked at with scorn. But seriously, there are many out of place artifacts that simply point to this. Maybe there are no alien forces or Annunaki.... Maybe it was us all along.
It's a Clawspiracy...

Conspirator

PostSat May 30, 2009 7:48 am » by Clawspiracy

It's a Clawspiracy...

Initiate

PostSat May 30, 2009 7:50 am » by Truthsekr76

Imagine what the night sky would look like if all the power went out and there was no more light pollution :think: . Now that would be a world I would love to live in....too bad I would have to "dis-appear" for that to happen :( ......Oh well...life goes on...right?

Conspirator

PostSat May 30, 2009 8:27 am » by Clawspiracy

Imagine what the night sky would look like if all the power went out and there was no more light pollution :think: . Now that would be a world I would love to live in....too bad I would have to "dis-appear" for that to happen :( ......Oh well...life goes on...right?

Nah, you don't have to die to see that. Just go somewhere that is high in elevation, and drive off. It's pretty amazing. Here in Southern, CA you would think a sky clear of any type of pollution would be impossible... But it's not. I went camping out in the desert near Thousand Palms and the night sky was a wash of stars, an amazing display.

There was no moon, and the starlight alone lit up the desert. I won't say you could read a book in that light, but you could see into your soul....
It's a Clawspiracy...

Conspirator

PostSat May 30, 2009 10:30 am » by Mushroom

clawspiracy wrote:
All man-made constructions will completely disappear from Earth in several thousand years.

In all of this, that sentence had the most impact in my mind. This is the reason why we cannot say with absolute certainty that there was no advanced civilization before ours. Anyone who says this is usually looked at with scorn. But seriously, there are many out of place artifacts that simply point to this. Maybe there are no alien forces or Annunaki.... Maybe it was us all along.

This statement echoes my beleifs so much and I am glad someone said it... Thanks claw!

The thing that intrigues me the most is the passing of knowledge. If indeed the ancient egyptians were able to build the great pyramid and artifically illuminate it with batteries and bulbs, then why was this knowledge not passed on to future generations?

We still look in awe at some of the ancient remnants of civilization whereas we should be saying.. Yeah i did that when I was 8.. it was easy!

History of mankind is indeed one of the greatest mysteries of all. Good post!

Super Moderator

PostSat May 30, 2009 11:39 am » by -Marduk-

LIFE AFTER PEOPLE: The Series begins in the moments after people disappear. As each day, month, and year passes, the fate of a particular environment, city or theme is disclosed. Special effects, combined with interviews from top experts in the fields of engineering, botany, biology, geology, and archeology provide an unforgettable visual journey through the ultimately hypothetical.

As modern metropolises like New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and Washington DC are ravaged by nature; the series exposes the surprising insights about how they function today. Basing this futuristic world on the surprising history of real locations, already abandoned by man, like a century-old shack in the arctic and an abandoned island that was once the most densely populated place on earth are featured in the series.

In every episode, viewers will witness the epic destruction of iconic structures and buildings, from the Sears Tower, Astrodome, and Chrysler Building to the Sistine Chapel - - allowing viewers to learn how they were built and why they were so significant. Big Ben will stop ticking within days; the International Space Station will plummet to earth within a few short years, while historic objects, like the Declaration of Independence and the mummified remains of King Tutankhamen will remain for decades.

The series will also explore the creatures that might take our place. With humans gone, animals will inherit the places where we once lived. Elephants that escape from the LA zoo will thrive in a region once dominated by their ancestors, the wooly mammoth. Alligators will move into sub-tropical cities like Houston feeding off household pets. Tens of thousands of hogs, domesticated for food, will flourish. In a world without people, new stories of predators, survival and evolution will emerge.

Humans won't be around forever, and now we can see in detail, for the very first time, the world that will be left behind in Life After