IF ONLY HITLER COULD HAVE SPOKEN LIKE THIS

Initiate

PostThu Jul 09, 2009 12:38 pm » by Nuada

Have you ever heard a speech such as this. Charles Chaplin you are a visionary and perhaps the best film producer and source of truth that i have ever heard. This clip brings a tear to my eye. God bless you Chaplin.

Upload to Disclose.tv

“ What is your aim in philosophy? – To show the fly the way out of the fly-bottle. ”
—Ludwig Wittgenstein

"Deep in the human unconsciousness is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic . . . . Survival is the ability to swim in strange currents." - Frank Herbert

Conspirator

PostThu Jul 09, 2009 12:41 pm » by Drextin

Chaplin's was brave to make that movie when he did. Most of hollywood supported hitler at the time. He was a great man.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Initiate

PostThu Jul 09, 2009 12:42 pm » by Nuada

drextin wrote:Chaplin's was brave to make that movie when he did. Most of hollywood supported hitler at the time. He was a great man.

I hope you listened to it in its entirety. So profound. A truely great man.
“ What is your aim in philosophy? – To show the fly the way out of the fly-bottle. ”
—Ludwig Wittgenstein

"Deep in the human unconsciousness is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic . . . . Survival is the ability to swim in strange currents." - Frank Herbert

Conspirator

PostThu Jul 09, 2009 12:47 pm » by Drextin

I have the movie on DVD............the beachball globe gets me every time!

Seriously though the speech is awesome. First time I saw the movie it took me by surprise. I was looking for a comedic spin and he gives a speech that we wish every politician had in them.

Initiate

PostThu Jul 09, 2009 12:49 pm » by Nuada

drextin wrote:I have the movie on DVD............the beachball globe gets me every time!

Seriously though the speech is awesome. First time I saw the movie it took me by surprise. I was looking for a comedic spin and he gives a speech that we wish every politician had in them.

Exactly. Those politicians are the machines he refers to though aren't they?!

UNITE!!!
—Ludwig Wittgenstein

Conspirator

PostThu Jul 09, 2009 12:51 pm » by Huge1234

some say this was his finest moment as an actor... one of the few times he was allowed to show us just how great his talent was... or so we are led to believe

personally i think this isnt him acting at all... this is as genuine as it gets, spoken right from the heart... fantastic speech :)
COMMON LAW... ITS YOUR LAW...

GET IT FUCKING LEARNED BEFORE ITS TOO LATE...

http://brianhaw.tv/index.php/legal?start=3

Conspirator

PostThu Jul 09, 2009 12:55 pm » by Drextin

The fact that you know he is talking directly to all those that are following Hitler or idolizing him makes it so much more important.

Honestly I did not know much outside of he was the funny guy from the silent movie era until I saw the movie with Robert Downey Jr. Then as I got into film history I learned more as well. He was someone I would have loved to meet.
some say this was his finest moment as an actor... one of the few times he was allowed to show us just how great his talent was... or so we are led to believe

personally i think this isnt him acting at all... this is as genuine as it gets, spoken right from the heart... fantastic speech :)

Exactly. It was his thoughts and his need to try and open the world's eyes to what was going on that fueled that speech.

Initiate

PostThu Jul 09, 2009 12:59 pm » by Nuada

huge1234 wrote:some say this was his finest moment as an actor... one of the few times he was allowed to show us just how great his talent was... or so we are led to believe

Yes this was not acting. This was the truth. I suppose that's how actors really become good actors...when they can feel the role. Chaplin in this case didn't need to be an actor. Brilliant
—Ludwig Wittgenstein

Conspirator

PostThu Jul 09, 2009 1:04 pm » by Ogmios

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zskO9O3hF78&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zskO9O3hF78&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Here's one of Chaplin's funniest scenes. It's from City Lights. Pure Genius.
"God is a concept by which we measure our pain"
John Lennon

Initiate

PostThu Jul 09, 2009 1:12 pm » by Nuada

ogmios wrote:[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zskO9O3hF78&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zskO9O3hF78&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Here's one of Chaplin's funniest scenes. It's from City Lights. Pure Genius.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Modern film makers of the world watch it and weep
—Ludwig Wittgenstein

Next