If Religion is true...

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 01, 2011 8:28 pm » by Roadkill

Aren't they one in the same?

If a Church endorses someone, that means it is probably someone who upholds their tenants, correct? If their faith were a true one, wouldn't they be more concerned about having it represented rather than saving a few tax dollars? Is it a Church or a business?
Science will fly you into the Cosmos

Upload to Disclose.tv

Religion will fly you into Buildings

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 01, 2011 8:29 pm » by 99socks

roadkill wrote:Aren't they one in the same?

If a Church endorses someone, that means it is probably someone who upholds their tenants, correct? If their faith were a true one, wouldn't they be more concerned about having it represented rather than saving a few tax dollars? Is it a Church or a business?

That's the thing.. they don't specifically endorse anyone. They say, "these are the teachings of the church" and then they say "this where each candidate stands". They are still speaking their minds, just in a way that is *legal*.

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 01, 2011 8:30 pm » by Roadkill

opiwan wrote:
roadkill wrote:Prove me wrong.

Why would they choose Tax exemption over freedom of expressing their faith?

Thanks for your critique of my angry, poor empty life. Now can you answer the question?

I never claimed intelligence. I am just not stupid enough to believe the bullshit that is religion.

There is no need for me to waist the time in proving you wrong. Your statement is so ridiculous, you need to prove your point.

I see, so you jumped into the thread to insult. Well now you know I will not return the favor so you can leave now. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 01, 2011 8:32 pm » by Roadkill

99socks wrote:

That's the thing.. they don't specifically endorse anyone. They say, "these are the teachings of the church" and then they say "this where each candidate stands". They are still speaking their minds, just in a way that is *legal*.

True. They use loopholes. But their speach is still limited and they are constantly threatened and do lose this exemption at times (and fight to get it back).

Shouldn't they just pay their taxes and speak the word of God open and and freely?

Upload to Disclose.tv

Initiate

PostSat Jan 01, 2011 8:36 pm » by Stone069

I was about to post but obviously this guy just has a hardon against the "church" .... God bless him for that. As far as having a grasp of reality .??....?..... also Do you realize the amount of property the "CHURCH" has? Do you realize that to all of a sudden tax them on it would bankrupt them. They are making sure that they will be around for the ages to make sure they continue their work.(whatever you may believe their "work" is.)It is simple self preservation.

EDIT to add "church" = all organized religion is this case

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 01, 2011 8:40 pm » by Punjedi

roadkill wrote:
99socks wrote:

True. They use loopholes. But their speach is still limited and they are constantly threatened and do lose this exemption at times (and fight to get it back).

Shouldn't they just pay their taxes and speak the word of God open and and freely?

Unfortunately in some regards, I believe that it is better for churches to hold their tax exemption.

Why?

Because I feel that if chuches were suddenly free and open to endorse particular candidates we would see even worse corruption in the system than we do now.

There are plenty of small, humble churches with great members involved who do nothing but give to the community and support the love.

On the other hand, you see churches like one in Denver, that spends 20 grand on a neon sigh in front of their 8 acre manicured lawn. That is not an establishment I want making any endorsement or giving me any input on to who I should vote to ruin our nation.

This kind of debate can go on and on and eventually will turn to more anger, and lashing out and eventually will just become another forum slam fest....

so ask yourself this? What does it matter? If a church is being a church does that stop you from being you?
Nihil Sine Fide!

Initiate

PostSat Jan 01, 2011 8:43 pm » by Stone069

And yes of course they are a business, just as any other business. If you cannot recognize this then you are further from reality then the people fervently attending church to gain some reward that cannot be proven. As if showing up at some building at prescribed times and performing rituals will save their everlasting souls from from burning in a lake of fire!

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 01, 2011 8:46 pm » by Roadkill

I question the God they worship. The one above or the one in their wallet.

The latter one seems to be held in greater reverence, and that says to me that it is all a lie.

Do you realize the amount of property the "CHURCH" has? Do you realize that to all of a sudden tax them on it would bankrupt them.

You trying to make my case for me?

Upload to Disclose.tv

Initiate

PostSat Jan 01, 2011 8:50 pm » by Charashc

roadkill wrote:
charashc wrote:But you got the wrong question.
The evidence you have is an answer to a "If religion church is teaching is true.." question.

I think its all sh!t. Sorry I am biased. But you get what I am saying.

I know exactly what you mean, but it is the Church, as institution with its capital in Vatican, that did all those more or less terrible things troughout history abusing religion as cover.

I just wanna point out that it's realistic solution that "Religion is true and Church is totally wrong", these two doesn't have to be on same side in reality. And they are not.
Last edited by Charashc on Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Initiate

PostSat Jan 01, 2011 8:53 pm » by Opiwan

Asking the church to endorse a certain candidate is like asking a hospital to only accept people injured in a particular way.

PreviousNext