If Religion is true...

Master Conspirator

PostSat Jan 01, 2011 9:01 pm » by Boondox681

I am asking a question. I am not here to cure your ignorance.

Google it if you are ignorant about it. Or better yet , try reading a book.

nice one :lol: :lol: :lol:
"You wanna' keep it real take a walk out your door,that's as real as it gets from the sky to the floor."

Initiate

PostSat Jan 01, 2011 9:03 pm » by Stone069

charashc wrote:
roadkill wrote:
charashc wrote:But you got the wrong question.
The evidence you have is an answer to a "If religion church is teaching is true.." question.

I think its all sh!t. Sorry I am biased. But you get what I am saying.

I know exactly what you mean, but it is the Church, as institution with its capital in Vatican, that did all those more or less terrible things troughout history abusing religion as cover.

I just wanna point out that it's realistic solution that "Religion is true and Church is totally wrong", these two doesn't have to be on same side in reality. And they are not.

The church run by the vatican is not the only church to have comitted heinous crimes against humanity, just wanted to clarify, although they may have been the largest offeneder.

I agree with you last statement, I have no problem with religion, only the organized churches which spout we are right and you are all wrong. They act as there is only one path and to vear from it is damnation, but if you believe, all is forgiven, so why stay on the path ........... follow me?

edit for spelling

Initiate

PostSat Jan 01, 2011 9:20 pm » by Stone069

roadkill wrote:I question the God they worship. The one above or the one in their wallet.

The latter one seems to be held in greater reverence, and that says to me that it is all a lie.

Do you realize the amount of property the "CHURCH" has? Do you realize that to all of a sudden tax them on it would bankrupt them.

You trying to make my case for me?

I wasn't disagreeing with your statement, but I live in the real world and try to see things clearly. I don't like alot of the crap they are involved in. They also do alot of good in the world also, even if it is to further their own sick agenda.

I do not however think that the tax exempt status prevents them from expressing their faith as you say, they just have to be careful how they present their views, as 99 socks said. I agree that on a whole the "CHURCH" is as corrupt a BUSINESS as you can get. Their tax exempt status has to do with their claim to be non profit, not being a church and the law enacted was, in essence, to continue the separation of "chuch" and state. Think of it this way, if the Catholic church had its way we would have pastors and bishops of the church as elected officials, openly furthering their agenda. Do we want to go back to the dark ages of the inquisition? I prefer they keep their exempt status and stay the hell out of my daily life.

Initiate

PostSat Jan 01, 2011 9:30 pm » by Stone069

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 01, 2011 9:30 pm » by Roadkill

I do not however think that the tax exempt status prevents them from expressing their faith as you say, they just have to be careful how they present their views, as 99 socks said. I agree that on a whole the "CHURCH" is as corrupt a BUSINESS as you can get. Their tax exempt status has to do with their claim to be non profit, not being a church and the law enacted was, in essence, to continue the separation of "chuch" and state. Think of it this way, if the Catholic church had its way we would have pastors and bishops of the church as elected officials, openly furthering their agenda. Do we want to go back to the dark ages of the inquisition? I prefer they keep their exempt status and stay the hell out of my daily life.

Thank you for your intelligent reply.

I agree with you completely. I guess I am asking this question to the believers themselves. I am most interested in their views and if this thought has ever entered their mind.

I hope one with as much intelligence and intellectual honesty as you joins this thread.
Science will fly you into the Cosmos

Upload to Disclose.tv

Religion will fly you into Buildings

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 01, 2011 9:36 pm » by Constabul

stone069 wrote:

Upload to Disclose.tv

:lol:

:flop:

Initiate

PostSat Jan 01, 2011 9:43 pm » by Stone069

Try this experiment.........Christians are supposed to love their neighbors and love one another and be tolerant, right. Try going to your local church on sunday and hand out pamphlets about any other religion, try Islam, and check their reactions, let me know how it goes when you get out of the intensive care ward.

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 01, 2011 10:10 pm » by Epicfailure

opiwan wrote:Asking the church to endorse a certain candidate is like asking a hospital to only accept people injured in a particular way.

which hospitals do, and churches do in the same way...

if you don't have the money up front you aren't getting that new kidney you need..

if you don't have money up front this politician is not going to do things in your favor.

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 01, 2011 10:15 pm » by Epicfailure

stone069 wrote:
roadkill wrote:I question the God they worship. The one above or the one in their wallet.

The latter one seems to be held in greater reverence, and that says to me that it is all a lie.

Do you realize the amount of property the "CHURCH" has? Do you realize that to all of a sudden tax them on it would bankrupt them.

You trying to make my case for me?

I wasn't disagreeing with your statement, but I live in the real world and try to see things clearly. I don't like alot of the crap they are involved in. They also do alot of good in the world also, even if it is to further their own sick agenda.

yes then the "church" should also not defect on written mandates / laws that clearly say they are not granted federal funding from that countries TAX system, if they are not putting anything in for taxes, how are they allowed to ROB or be granted federal funding?

Catholic Schools are not schools, they teach you the word of the lord and teach you their science and mathematics.

it's robbing the tax payers, and they know it but it is still allowed...

the church is in more power in America then some may realize...

secretly handing them money is a sign of that for sure.

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 01, 2011 10:20 pm » by 99socks

epicfailure wrote:Catholic Schools are not schools, they teach you the word of the lord and teach you their science and mathematics.

"Their" science and math? I've seen some crazy science curriculum that fundamentalist home schoolers use, but I don't think I've seen anything that wasn't mainstream in any of the parochial schools I've been to. And most let non-Catholics opt out of the religious classes. :sunny:

But I don't understand how this is robbing taxpayers?

PreviousNext