If they can find these they could find that secret Nazi base

Initiate

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 10:52 pm » by DmoniX_The_Destroyer

I've been reading a lot lately. one of the Ebooks is Reich of the Black Sun and similar topics. Where they've delved into rumors and myths of after the War bases on Antarctica and laughably the Canadian arctic.
So with new and powerful imaging systems on satellites and airplanes and not only in the hands of Country's like the US and Europe China etc. You would imagine that they would have or are going to map areas under snow, ice or even jungle that have laid unseen in thousands of years like the canyon in this article http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-23866810 from the BBC on a "Huge canyon discovered under Greenland ice" (longer than the Grand Canyon!!).
Likewise using the same technology's they are using to find "hidden" pyramids, cities and temples in Egypt.
One would think that it would be easy to check out the area the Nazi's purportedly landed in the 1940's, the area that Operation High Jump "checked" into and others to look for bases the Nazi's may have built in so called "hidden" areas.
:The Truth Shall Set you free:?
Oh I know I'm goin to Hell, I'm just working on how deep.

Writer

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 11:46 pm » by don whuane

do you really believe if they find anything , there going to tell us ? :o

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 11:51 pm » by E6722maj

don whuane wrote: do you really believe if they find anything , there going to tell us ?

nope

whatever

Initiate

PostFri Aug 30, 2013 12:28 am » by Middleman

It's been a few years since I've read Reich of the Black Sun. but I thought Farrell came down on the side of the Neuschwabenland base being virtually impossible to establish or maintain, given the vast resources such an operation they would have required, particularly when you consider that the Germans certainly had more pressing problems at the time.

Initiate

PostFri Aug 30, 2013 1:06 am » by DmoniX_The_Destroyer

Middleman wrote:It's been a few years since I've read Reich of the Black Sun. but I thought Farrell came down on the side of the Neuschwabenland base being virtually impossible to establish or maintain, given the vast resources such an operation they would have required, particularly when you consider that the Germans certainly had more pressing problems at the time.

You're correct there, but I guess i was more or less thinking about those who still do harbor those beliefs of Nazi secret hide-outs...

"don whuane" mentioned of course "do you think they'd tell us". I guess it would depend on who "they" are. If it were a Country that's not necessarily among the allied axis they might wish to quash or prove the allegations to be real or not.

The technology's probably not beyond the expense of some private enterprises and maybe some well off explorer would take the effort to look into it... Who knows
Oh I know I'm goin to Hell, I'm just working on how deep.

Initiate

PostFri Aug 30, 2013 5:26 am » by Middleman

I still think there are "secret hide-outs", as you say. I just doubt there was a successful one in Antarctica in the 40s or 50s.

Much easier and cheaper to hole up in rural Argentina, or in a jungle in central America, where you could resupply and move personnel by boat or truck, rather than being locked out by the vagaries of the Antarctic sea and weather for months (or even years) at a time.

I know people who are connected with the Australian Antarctic Division, and they talk about these tourist/survey ships where rich arseholes pay $15,000 a head to go to Heard Island or Mawson's Hut, and some years they don't even make it all the way to land because of the sea ice conditions, or they just get a few days because of the weather, and then the Russian ice breakers have to come and bail them out so they can get home again. That's 2010, 2012 we're talking about, BTW.

Who knows if the Nazis developed a heavy lift capability with the unconventional aircraft, or if they could even handle such conditions but it probably wasn't any time near the end of the war, if Igor Witkowski is right about how far along the Bell project was in 1945.