If we could live forever...

Conspirator

PostMon Jun 06, 2011 11:54 am » by Tertiusgaudens

... something would happen:

time by time we would forget who we are.

Each cell would undergo a process of continuous renewal thus having a need to copy and reproduce information.

Over a period of tens of thousand or million or billion years something will get lost or changed.

Yes, we would forget who we are...
Hope is the thing with feathers...
Emily Dickinson

Initiate

PostMon Jun 06, 2011 11:57 am » by Keniwaki

I wouldn't wanna live 4ever tho. Life is fun cause it's limited.
[b]FUCK GOLDMAN SUCKS and VATICAN[/b]

Conspirator

PostMon Jun 06, 2011 11:58 am » by Tertiusgaudens

Yes!
Emily Dickinson

Initiate

PostMon Jun 06, 2011 12:15 pm » by Keniwaki

If our family and friends won't age either and unlimited amount of gold and cash..... I might reconsider tho :-)
[b]FUCK GOLDMAN SUCKS and VATICAN[/b]

Super Moderator

PostMon Jun 06, 2011 12:31 pm » by TheDuck

I've got nothing against being immortal, I seem to be the only one I've met that shares this view though :think:

www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Conspirator

PostMon Jun 06, 2011 12:44 pm » by Tertiusgaudens

See, that changing over time, and be it small like a single quantum, is the idea behind evolution.

Take a full glass of water and put paper clips in it. The water area is vaulting - more and more.

And then - you need only one more clip, and the water runs down the glass. One tiny clip changes it all.

This is the idea behind evolution taking place in all life forms...
Emily Dickinson

Conspirator

PostMon Jun 06, 2011 4:26 pm » by 99socks

tertiusgaudens wrote:
Yes, we would forget who we are...

But would that help us live in the Now?
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/obamas-doj-silent-as-new-black-panthers-leader-incites-violence-in-ferguson_082014

I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

Initiate

PostMon Jun 06, 2011 4:50 pm » by Unitb166er

When are we really the same?Static, unchanging.We change all the time.Our likes, dislikes, the places we go, the people we are with.When are we not changing?

Being Immortal would simple be the unlimited duration of constant changes.Perhaps our personal life goals like Spirituality,or mastery over skill or Knowledge, might keep some kind of tangent or coherency in such a life.But i think the process of experiences would gradually modulate a individuals personality to indifference and non-attachment.Would passion be the casualty in such an Immortal individuality?When would the magic of the new and unfamiliar cease to move a person?How long could an Immortal endure a transitory world when he or she would continue to persist,Seemingly For Forever?

The Tibetan Buddhists believed that a mortal attaining Immortality could only stand to live for about two hundred and fifty years before most would seek nirvana to finally know some kind of rest or peace.That sounds reasonable to me,others might not agree...

Perhaps for some it would be a curse.For others a Gift.Still i would love to know the insights of such a point of view.

Thank you Tertiusgaudens.

:dunno:
Designed To Give A Damn!

Master Conspirator

PostMon Jun 06, 2011 5:05 pm » by Boondox681

we do 'live' forever.
our bodies were made to last forever(would a perfect god of a perfect creation create anything less than perfect?)
there is one reason our lives are no longer 'forever'....
worry.

peace
"Doing stuff is overrated.Like Hitler.He did a lot.But don't we all wish he woulda' just stayed home and gotten stoned?"

Conspirator

PostMon Jun 06, 2011 5:21 pm » by Nakchopoe

Like the old Greeks used to say:
"The Gods envy us, humans, for our mortality."

It is the 'chance of dieing' that makes the mortal life so interesting.

Maybe that's the reason why our soul chooses this temporary form, so it can experience 'existence' more strongly...

"You watch television to turn your brain off and you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on."
- Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple Computer and Pixar

youtube.com/watch?v=nLsCC0LZxkY

Next