If you landed on another planet or moon and found ?

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 14, 2013 3:00 am » by Toxic32

Given the likelihood that the human race will eventually destroy it's self in it's present form is all most a certainty. don't you think we could spend a small amount of money to finance a monument documenting the our history as we currently know it, to a future life that eventual will pick up the baton and maybe move past the achievements we had reached. It would have to be placed on a planet or moon that they would strive to reach to further their knowledge and understanding of who and what they are in relation to their environment. This is who we were. This is what we understood. This is the essence of our knowledge. What would you say is the essence of our knowledge????
Last edited by Toxic32 on Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 14, 2013 3:18 am » by Doogle

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 14, 2013 3:18 am » by Constabul

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 14, 2013 9:33 am » by RATRODROB

RRR
The more people i meet, the more i like my dog

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 14, 2013 9:47 am » by 99socks

Toxic32 wrote:Given the likelihood that the human race will eventually destroy it's self in it's present form is all most a certainty. don't you think we could spend a small amount of money to finance a monument documenting the our history as we currently know it, to a future life that eventual will pick up the baton and maybe move past the achievements we had reached. It would have to be placed on a planet or moon that they would strive to reach to further their knowledge and understanding of who and what they are in relation to their environment. This is who we were. This is what we understood. This is the essence of our knowledge. What would you say is the essence of our knowledge????

Why on earth would you want to poison another civilization with our attitudes/culture/history etc.? If they get to a point in their own civilizations that they can travel far enough across the universe, then they either have already dealt with their own problems, or they are on the one-way ticket to self-destruction. Do you really think our "warning" is going to stop anyone, when it can't even stop US???
I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

http://thethinkingapostate.ghost.io/

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 14, 2013 10:20 am » by Temps13

If we had a thousand year lifespan,like our ancestors are said to have had,space travel would be much more viable..especially with faster technology
As it is it takes ages just to go 4.3 light years to the nearest star..if Earth was a grain of sand the nearest star would be 6 km away-
http://earthsky.org/space/alpha-centauri-travel-time
I reckon the ufo orbs that are everywhere have documented our society,Our ancestors told us of the watchers that Anu left stationed at Earth..their knowledge is better than ours so as for preserving our knowledge why bother?
Unless you want to pretend we are the smartest around in which case yeah whatever..store in somewhere init :ghost:
Oh..the essence of our knowledge? What is the essence of our knowledge? Hmmm.. :think:
:headscratch: ... :think: ...
Um..well..we understand we are more than flesh..we dont even understand the physical world around us let alone what we cant see..we are pretty stupid.We have had to be shown everything..
Unless you believe we're alone & then we did it all ourselves & we're really clever.I don't believe that.
Even if we are alone we've forgotten quite a lot several times..we are a fragile race physically & mentally.We live in a small band of temperature & pressure & all that..the niche is small.
We will not survive without help.
If humans found another race they'd try to dominate them.But its unlikely we'd be up to the task of dominating an evolved intelligent race anyway.
Image Image
IRMENSUL13

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 14, 2013 7:56 pm » by Kerrblur2

he must have been 2 thirds down the bottle because i didnt even understand what he said. gibberish grammer holy cow.

We are human beings, we evolve and grow. thats whats going to happen. We will not lose this planet, we will and ARE currently evolving past our present failures (fossil fuels). and sometime in century or two we will be past human wars.
http://www.disclose.tv/forum/the-smokey-god-audio-book-t86832.html
The autobiography of olaf Jenson and his journey to the inner earth.