IMMORTALITY-Stop by and give your OPINION:-)

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 26, 2009 1:42 pm » by Drextin

mep630 wrote:
lainn wrote:well .....it took me a while...but i'm done...got carried away for a bit.....NOW ....answer....

I am starting the I love Lainn fain club
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
=)

Hey, during recess you want me to pass her a note for you? :roll:
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 26, 2009 3:12 pm » by Ogmios

When you think about it, humans have been striving towards immortality ever since they started drawing on cave walls. Since we don't have the technology to store our memories and transfer them onto new hardware, we, or some of us, write books or poetry, draw pictures, write music, sculpt and leave behind mathematical theorem for future minds to ponder.

To see a world in a grain of sand
And heaven in a wild flower
To hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour

I think Blake hit the nail on the head there and he might even have immortalised himself.
"God is a concept by which we measure our pain"
John Lennon

Master Conspirator

PostSun Apr 26, 2009 3:29 pm » by Cornbread714

ogmios wrote:When you think about it, humans have been striving towards immortality ever since they started drawing on cave walls. Since we don't have the technology to store our memories and transfer them onto new hardware, we, or some of us, write books or poetry, draw pictures, write music, sculpt and leave behind mathematical theorem for future minds to ponder.

And eternity in an hour

I think Blake hit the nail on the head there and he might even have immortalised himself.

I love Blake. I have found so many parallels and confirmations in his work concerning what some would consider very modern concepts.
His poems dealing with light, perception and consciousness sound influenced by modern physics and spiritual philosophy.
That dude was WAY ahead of his time. Good artist, too...

I was just thinking about the most obvious form of immortality: children.

If you think about it we are all tied literally (the umbilical cord) to a rope that goes to our mother's womb, that tied her to her mother's womb, and so on - a rope that ties us all the way back to - what? A monkey? An alien's test tube? Does anyone really know?

Ropes that seem to connect us all together at the source. :sunny:
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 26, 2009 3:38 pm » by Ogmios

ogmios wrote:
When you think about it, humans have been striving towards immortality ever since they started drawing on cave walls. Since we don't have the technology to store our memories and transfer them onto new hardware, we, or some of us, write books or poetry, draw pictures, write music, sculpt and leave behind mathematical theorem for future minds to ponder.

And eternity in an hour

I love Blake. I have found so many parallels and confirmations in his work concerning what some would consider very modern concepts.
His poems dealing with light, perception and consciousness sound influenced by modern physics and spiritual philosophy.

If you think about it we are all tied literally (the umbilical cord) to a rope that goes to our mother's womb, that tied her to her mother's womb, and so on - a rope that ties us all the way back to - what? A monkey? An alien's test tube? Does anyone really know?

Ropes that seem to connect us all together at the source.
ogmios wrote:When you think about it, humans have been striving towards immortality ever since they started drawing on cave walls. Since we don't have the technology to store our memories and transfer them onto new hardware, we, or some of us, write books or poetry, draw pictures, write music, sculpt and leave behind mathematical theorem for future minds to ponder.

And eternity in an hour

Yes, so you really could say that love is the answer!
John Lennon

Master Conspirator

PostSun Apr 26, 2009 3:54 pm » by Cornbread714

ogmios wrote:
Yes, so you really could say that love is the answer!

Literally :flop:

Initiate

PostSun Apr 26, 2009 4:47 pm » by lainn

cornbread714 wrote:

And eternity in an hour

When searching for one grain of sand...the wise would sift the whole beach.

An initiation into immortality must be like birth, and the key to overstanding it, is to overstand that each that is born is born of someone who themselves were born of someone. All of the pure ones have a link.

It is a link much like the etheric cord that stretches forth from soul to soul, and which keeps the channels from the higher realms, the etheric state, into the earth plane opened.

When a mother and father have a child, that child is brought to them in a bodily form. The same child, however, has a spirit that extends back 76 trillion years. For this reason every mystic order has spiritual masters or beings from higher planes, whose responsibility is to keep that child in tune with the original spark since the beggining of creation.

To attain immortality; i believe, would be to reach for something that we already have in our grasp. I do wonder though...if the same process discussed about constriction to bodily orgins that evetually have effects on our true complete structure has to be done in conjuncture with a constriction of our emotional state...wouldn't both have to be adjusted to create such a harmonic disruption and transformation?

Master Conspirator

PostSun Apr 26, 2009 5:01 pm » by Cornbread714

lainn wrote: I do wonder though...if the same process discussed about constriction to bodily orgins that evetually have effects on our true complete structure has to be done in conjuncture with a constriction of our emotional state...wouldn't both have to be adjusted to create such a harmonic disruption and transformation?

Good point :sunny:

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 26, 2009 5:04 pm » by Ogmios

Well, you could say that. But you could also say that the wise would pull up a deck chair and check out all the young ladies (or whoever takes the fancy) on the beach. I mean, if a universe were in a grain of sand, why bother checking them all out? The wise might only have to look at one to decipher its secret.
John Lennon

Initiate

PostSun Apr 26, 2009 5:18 pm » by lainn

ogmios wrote:

Well, you could say that. But you could also say that the wise would pull up a deck chair and check out all the young ladies (or whoever takes the fancy) on the beach. I mean, if a universe were in a grain of sand, why bother checking them all out? The wise might only have to look at one to decipher its secret.

Spoken like a true Samurai.....well done :flop: ....

absorbed.

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 26, 2009 5:43 pm » by Drextin

I had to double check to make sure we were still talking about immortality.

I understand that discussing the spiritual nature of immortality is an important aspect of the subject. But if I may interject some observations........

One could spend 20-30 years trying to achieve immortality through spiritualism and get hit by a bus only to be asked when they reach their other worldly destination "So, what did you do with your life?" your response "Used a good portion of it trying to become immortal.".........."Oh yeah? How'd that work out for ya?"

Sometimes the meaning of life is "live". Let the doctors and scientists figure it out. They already have isolated the gene that makes us grow younger. While it may be a long shot that it will be developed into anything that will be useful in our life time it still has better odds than anything else.

Unless you were born immortal you will never be able to achieve immortality on your own. Only science or divine intervention can do that and neither one of them cares if you spent hours on breathing exercises or trying to connect your g-spot to your chi.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

PreviousNext